Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: Bandwagoners

Fresh off everyone being boxings "numba 1 fan" now suddenly i have people telling me how much of a fan they've been of Matthew delvedova and basketball. Sigh.

Couldn't agree more. And ABC Radio presenters wetting themselves over NBA basketball and some American basketballer yelling in that incomprehensible so-called English that they use.

Fresh off everyone being boxings "numba 1 fan" now suddenly i have people telling me how much of a fan they've been of Matthew delvedova and basketball. Sigh.

Just like how everyone is suddenly a racing expert come cup week..

• Like 1

Yep. Just like how everyone was an expert in tennis due to the French open final recently.

Yep. Just like how everyone was an expert in tennis due to the French open final recently.

Nah not really bro.

Cool

Or after Tomby has a few drinks and gets up and about into his Head Wobble Mode. :up:

TTIM: Would have been said before but Top Knots.

I just saw an advert for Deakin Uni with a bloke with a Beard and a Shaved on the Sides Top Knot... thats how many of these blokes are getting around that they are now being used to represent students for University Adverts.

If you want a Pony Tail then grow your hair like a real man and rock The Segal:

newcastle-united-darren-peacock-109-merl

Edited by cadete

TTIM: Would have been said before but Top Knots.

I just saw an advert for Deakin Uni with a bloke with a Beard and a Shaved on the Sides Top Knot... thats how many of these blokes are getting around that they are now being used to represent students for University Adverts.

If you want a Pony Tail then grow your hair like a real man and rock The Segal:

newcastle-united-darren-peacock-109-merl

Or The Danny Southern....

175611-daniel-southern-2.jpg

Edited by Hackett

Or the Tommy Alvin also known as the Guido Hatzis or the Woggy Guy from Man Power.

238677-tom-alvin.jpg

TTIM - When you bought a packet of footy cards and the gum inside was stale and stiff as a board.

LOL - When I was seven I actually believed that Gary Ablett ate Stimorol Gum... 

TTDIM: The first card in the pack smelling of Stimorol Gum.

Or the Tommy Alvin also known as the Guido Hatzis or the Woggy Guy from Man Power.

238677-tom-alvin.jpg

TTIM - When you bought a packet of footy cards and the gum inside was stale and stiff as a board.

I swear some of the nicknames they had for some players were so bland and shitty they must have been made up by the company.

TTIM - When the smell of gum finally wore off. Thankfully due to the fact they were made of cardboard, the smell of gum leached right through and lasted for a number of years!

238677-tom-alvin.jpg

I swear some of the nicknames they had for some players were so bland and shitty they must have been made up by the company.

TTIM - When the smell of gum finally wore off. Thankfully due to the fact they were made of cardboard, the smell of gum leached right through and lasted for a number of years!

Always remember Gazza's nickname was "Superman" which I am sure nobody called out to him on the field... not that he passed much.

I still have signed Dermot "The Kid" Bretton, and Richard "Ozzy" Osborne ones at home.

238677-tom-alvin.jpg

Always remember Gazza's nickname was "Superman" which I am sure nobody called out to him on the field... not that he passed much.

I still have signed Dermot "The Kid" Bretton, and Richard "Ozzy" Osborne ones at home.

Just a few from the random cards I have sitting in a tin at home:

- Scott "Scottie" Maginness

- Matt "Matty" Rendell

- Darren "Kapps" Kappler

Had the whole set from 1990. Unfortunately as a teenager I sold em to a school mate. Think I made a hefty $5 or $10 from the sale!

TTIM: when websites force you to have a combination of certain characters in your password

Believe me, I know far better than most how shit people's passwords can be (I dont mean people's passwords on here, I cant see those, they are encrypted in the database like they should be. I mean clients sharing their password with me when they want to do something for them, or friends/girlfriend etc. seemingly having no problem sharing their passwords, something I would never do TBH) but that's their problem and not mine and making me put a capital letter or a symbol is just going to mean I forget my password and then have to go through the whole 'forgot password' thing next time I want to log in.

Some of my passwords I've had the same for like 15 years and had no issue, nor will I have any issue. Don t punish me for all the idiots that make their password shit like tesla1.

• Like 3

TTIM: The new fad term "national conversation."

TTIM: The Project always saying... the words "national conversation" in every intro prior to a poor short political discussion littered with bad political jokes almost always at the same targets in Australian Society.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

TTIM: The Project always saying... the words "national conversation" in every intro prior to a poor short political discussion littered with bad political jokes almost always at the same targets in Australian Society.

TTIM: The Project.

• Like 3

What shits me about The Project is that "some" of the PPL on it actually take themselves very seriously, and they all at least take the show itself as a current affairs source seriously....

Yet all its simply the Australian equivalent of some Panel Show that you would find on Fox News (A news outlet I am sure they would all claim has no merit whatsoever)... but because The Project's obvious bias is more moderate that apparently makes it legit and okay.

NOTE: When I mention Fox News I am obviously not comparing The Project to some of the networks more obviously intentionally out their programs.

Edited by cadete

What shits me about The Project is that "some" of the PPL on it actually take themselves very seriously, and they all at least take the show itself as a current affairs source seriously....

Yet all its simply the Australian equivalent of some Panel Show that you would find on Fox News (A news outlet I am sure they would all claim has no merit whatsoever)... but because The Project's obvious bias is more moderate that apparently makes it legit and okay.

NOTE: When I mention Fox News I am obviously not comparing The Project to some of the networks more obviously intentionally out their programs.

Would rather watch Sean Hannity TBH. About the same level of retarded, but much more entertaining and funnier.

• Like 1

Why not change the channel?

This argument reminds me of the classic Bogan WA Bumper Sticker in reference to Australia: If you don't like it then leave. 

And I don't really watch The Project FWIW either (Only if I want to catch a particular interview) it's more the unavoidable media traction on Social Media and the Media in general that the show attracts that makes it annoying to me.

This argument reminds me of the classic Bogan WA Bumper Sticker in reference to Australia: If you don't like it then leave. 

And I don't really watch The Project FWIW either (Only if I want to catch a particular interview) it's more the unavoidable media traction on Social Media and the Media in general that the show attracts that makes it annoying to me.

Took a few days to come up with the appropriate anecdote? ;)

• Like 2

Can't say those stickers aren't exclusive to WA. I live in Port Melbourne and a dude down the road has one of those.

Took a few days to come up with the appropriate anecdote? ;)

Actually if you really need to know I was in hospital TB. :up:

• Like 3

May not be exclusive to wa but there sure are a fuck load more of them. Along with 'fuck off were full', 'there's only two states to be in, WA and pissed/stoned' etc etc. Also a lot more Commodores with stupid number plates. Every time I see a fuck wit trawling down chapel street with music blaring I feel oddly comforted.

May not be exclusive to wa but there sure are a fuck load more of them. Along with 'fuck off were full', 'there's only two states to be in, WA and pissed/stoned' etc etc. Also a lot more Commodores with stupid number plates. Every time I see a fuck wit trawling down chapel street with music blaring I feel oddly comforted.

Yep - it was get or a Commodore or get fucked at my school in Year 12 and it was one of the much less bogan schools in that state.

In fact as a Left Leaning Liberal I considered practically a Hippie at school because I believed in things like Public Transport and Gun Control and of course because I was from Victoria.

Edited by cadete