Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

5 hours ago, Thiem said:

Dave Davaukovic stated that he believes JVS is staying on for next season. 

I'd say that every day that passes without an announcement makes it less likely that there will be one. Because I don't see the point in any delay - it just makes the job of any newcomer more difficult.

19 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I've been told that JVS is going as well as staying, thats all i have to report so far.

I was told he either will stay or go. No other option. Finally we know something concrete 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, bellydrum said:

bloke posted on 442 just now forums saying he heard Gombau is coming 

In charge of Villas academy in Puerto Rico as of January this year

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/adelaide/six-months-after-cutting-ties-with-adelaide-united-josep-gombau-announced-as-boss-of-david-villas-dv7-soccer-academy/news-story/d028a31d36915ab908d76b83ead35a44

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/04/28/ole-spanish-influence-grand-final-league-season/

Interesting story about WSW and the Pissants. We could do worse that scout for a manager in the same vein as Amor and bring with him a few quality visa players rather than the lame, broken down, end-of-model-run-out types we seem to acquire like Hughes/Koren. If Man City is bringing in Pep Guardiola then we could go for the Spanish flavour as well and get some quality man management and tactics happening rather than stick with the well worn, out-of-date, out-of-ideas stuff being dished up by JVS "Tinkerman".

5 minutes ago, Deeming said:

So we have:

• Going (to be announced after the Grand Final)
  • Staying and seeing out his contract
  • Staying and given 8 weeks into the season to prove himself

This off-season is going to be a killer

I already feel sick.