Melbourne Football

Family Day - Sunday 21 September La Trobe

Murfy1

NEWS: Get ready for Family Day 2014!

family-day-promo_1mzvtjkuohfo61ihuykggxe

Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Melbourne City FC will be holding its annual Family Day on Sunday 21 September

The Club is looking forward to the biggest Family Day yet with a range of exciting events, activities and competitions planned throughout the day in 2014.

Family Day will commence at 11am at La Trobe University’s Lower Playing Fields on Sunday 21 September, with members and fans given the unique opportunity to attend an open training session, prior to Family Day commencing.

In addition to previous activities at Family Day, Melbourne City FC will also introduce a mega Melbourne City FC home jersey, with all

2014/15 members invited to sign their messages of support for the team this season.

The giant shirt, complete with fan messages, will be unfurled at home matches in a message of support for players as they make their way onto AAMI Park for all of the Club’s 13 home matches.

While Family Day presents fans and members with the opportunity to mingle with their Melbourne City FC heroes, there will also be plenty of events for all fans, young and old, with our MatchWorks player photo booth, the Westpac carnival stand and samples from Melbourne City FC's sports drink partner, Hydralyte.

After the conclusion of training, players will move to the Bluestar Global Logistics stage where they will be handed their playing jerseys for the season.

Etihad Airways will also be offering two lucky members the incredible opportunity to present the Melbourne City FC playing squad with their playing jerseys on stage and the two members will walk away with their own home jerseys.

In addition, Etihad Airways will be giving away eight home jerseys to members who attend Family Day as part of a competition during September.

Fans are urged not to forget their hydration throughout the day with Yarra Valley Water’s fresh water station and Westpac will be running a gold coin donation campaign for their Life Saver Rescue Helicopter as well.

There will be plenty of 2014/15 merchandise on sale and members will be able to pick up their membership packs for the upcoming Hyundai A-League season.

Don’t forget to enjoy all of the benefits of a Melbourne City FC membership ahead of our Family Day on September 21.  Click here to sign up now!

Family Day Details

Date: Sunday 21 September 2014

Time: 11am-2pm

Melbourne City FC Opening Training: Time TBC

Venue: Lower Playing Fields, La Trobe University

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/family-day/3p3zxbf76p3r1vozej9u90q07

The Club is looking forward to the biggest Family Day yet with a range of exciting events, activities and competitions planned throughout the day in 2014.

Family Day will commence at 11am at La Trobe University’s Lower Playing Fields on Sunday 21 September, with members and fans given the unique opportunity to attend an open training session, prior to Family Day commencing.

In addition to previous activities at Family Day, Melbourne City FC will also introduce a mega Melbourne City FC home jersey, with all

2014/15 members invited to sign their messages of support for the team this season.

The giant shirt, complete with fan messages, will be unfurled at home matches in a message of support for players as they make their way onto AAMI Park for all of the Club’s 13 home matches.

While Family Day presents fans and members with the opportunity to mingle with their Melbourne City FC heroes, there will also be plenty of events for all fans, young and old, with our MatchWorks player photo booth, the Westpac carnival stand and samples from Melbourne City FC's sports drink partner, Hydralyte.

After the conclusion of training, players will move to the Bluestar Global Logistics stage where they will be handed their playing jerseys for the season.

Etihad Airways will also be offering two lucky members the incredible opportunity to present the Melbourne City FC playing squad with their playing jerseys on stage and the two members will walk away with their own home jerseys.

In addition, Etihad Airways will be giving away eight home jerseys to members who attend Family Day as part of a competition during September.

Fans are urged not to forget their hydration throughout the day with Yarra Valley Water’s fresh water station and Westpac will be running a gold coin donation campaign for their Life Saver Rescue Helicopter as well.

There will be plenty of 2014/15 merchandise on sale and members will be able to pick up their membership packs for the upcoming Hyundai A-League season.

Don’t forget to enjoy all of the benefits of a Melbourne City FC membership ahead of our Family Day on September 21.  Click here to sign up now!

Family Day Details

I'm going! Never been to a family day for Melbourne City/Heart or even my AFL team so I'm pretty excited

• Like 1

Family Day Details

I'm going! Never been to a family day for Melbourne City/Heart or even my AFL team so I'm pretty excited

Ive been to all of them and have been to a few Essendon ones and i'd have to say, that these ones shit all over the AFL ones based on the fact that the players are more accessable and dont mind having a chat and thats the main reason most people go to these things.

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 1

Family Day Details

On the same boat - looking forward to bringing my 1 year old girl in bright red colours! Will be wearing my Melbourne Heart "Foundation Member" scarf too  ;)

• Like 2

Family Day Details

On the same boat - looking forward to bringing my 1 year old girl in bright red colours! Will be wearing my Melbourne Heart "Foundation Member" scarf too  ;)

Going to bring my 10 month old as well.

Hoping the Merchandise includes baby kits this season.

Definitely going with the family, I've been to all the family days in the past and this one looks to be even better in regards to organisation, and activities for the kids plus the added interest in our Marquee players.

Thank God the players will be presented with their official shirt and numbers. proper introductions for the players as opposed to being called to jump up on stage for a total of 1 sec and jump off.

Just another example of the professionalism our club now has.

• Like 1

I wonder what security will be around Villa, there was a lot around Kewell last year, although it's understandable. People had access to him, just had to stop the mad rush and chaos.

Probably will be there for an hour or so then whisked away in a big black spanish consulate limo

I hope security is big titty spanish chicks abusing me in spanish. Mmmmmmm sexy time tingles and shivers  ^_^

My misses is latin and its great at the start, but trust me when i say its its only sexy in small doses.

You get that firey latin temper for 3 days and you wont find it all that much of a turn on lmao

• Like 1

I hope security is big titty spanish chicks abusing me in spanish. Mmmmmmm sexy time tingles and shivers  ^_^

My misses is latin and its great at the start, but trust me when i say its its only sexy in small doses.

You get that firey latin temper for 3 days and you wont find it all that much of a turn on lmao

Ha! Yeah I thought it was cool that my wife is a Spartan, at the start...then I felt the force that saw 300 defeat a whole army! Lol

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the family day, was a really good turn out of fans etc and everyone got to have their photo taken with most of the players plus the huge signing of the shirt/flag was great. Merchandise going like hot cakes long ques and plenty of big sales, shirt presentation plus our coach making announcement re David Villa saying there will be an official announcement this week re his arrival.

• Like 6

Enjoyed the day! Great getting to see the players and get photos and merch. Love the new kit!

The home shirt is class and I'm just stoked that Nike are doing our merch because the quality of the kit is so much better than the last few seasons. 

Edited by K-aram92

I think that we are playing perth friday? 

Paartalu seems to have a big mouth if you chat to him haha

That's what I heard. So it looks like the team's 2 final pre-season matches are next Tuesday (the 23rd) and next Friday (the 26th).

Anything noteworthy from the training session before Family Day started? I only caught the end of it, but I saw Tom King and Luka Prelevic training. I'm pretty sure Tom King is signed, I mean, as if the club would trial a player for over 2 months! That, or I'd guess that King is possibly a fallback in case the club doesn't sign a preferred fullback/defender.

Anything noteworthy from the training session before Family Day started? I only caught the end of it, but I saw Tom King and Luka Prelevic training.

who sorry?

Pretty sure I saw him today. Luka (or Luke) Prelevic is a young Australian midfielder, who I believe currently plays for state league side Port Melbourne. He's probably being looked at for the NYL team, but still it was interesting to see Prelevic training with the senior team.

• Like 1