Melbourne Football

Family Day - Sunday 21 September La Trobe

Murfy1

Anything noteworthy from the training session before Family Day started? I only caught the end of it, but I saw Tom King and Luka Prelevic training.

who sorry?

Pretty sure I saw him today. Luka (or Luke) Prelevic is a young Australian midfielder, who I believe currently plays for state league side Port Melbourne. He's probably being looked at for the NYL team, but still it was interesting to see Prelevic training with the senior team.

Luka has 100% been signed to the youth team. He did play at Port Melbourne in the reserves for a bit, but I believe he was at a different club when heart signed him.

There was a bit of an issue about his old club not letting him leave, but he is completely at the club now.

• Like 1

Found the joint a bit hard to find at first, Once there was great. I thought off Plenty Road there might of been more sign posts to the oval not to worry thou. Mass and Partalu top blokes and had a great chat with myself and 2 r old daughter - Managed to get around to most players. All in all good day,

I spoke to Germano in depth which i had also done last year, he is a top bloke just wish he could stay on the park defiantly my favourite player followed now closely by the Paartadude 

• Like 1

Was a great day.

Took my 10 month old son in his little Heart kit and he loved it. Got a fair bit of attention from some of the players as well and to be honest, you cant fault them what so ever. They were bloody fantastic.

Special mention to Williams. Fuckin top bloke and was really good with the little one.

Will be getting his name and number on my new kit :)

• Like 1

I think that we are playing perth friday? 

Paartalu seems to have a big mouth if you chat to him haha

That's what I heard. So it looks like the team's 2 final pre-season matches are next Tuesday (the 23rd) and next Friday (the 26th).

Anything noteworthy from the training session before Family Day started? I only caught the end of it, but I saw Tom King and Luka Prelevic training. I'm pretty sure Tom King is signed, I mean, as if the club would trial a player for over 2 months! That, or I'd guess that King is possibly a fallback in case the club doesn't sign a preferred fullback/defender.

At the rate he's going Ross Archibald will be in the Guinness Book of Records for "longest period on trial with a football club."

• Like 3

Can't believe club representatives told people that nothing red and white could be signed

Wow that's appalling! I didn't hear that. We only ended up staying for 20 odd minutes my 2 year old was cranky and tired and letting everyone know about it.

I saw a lot of red and white merchandise being signed and at no stage did I over here someone being told they couldn't sign anything red n white

Can't believe club representatives told people that nothing red and white could be signed

Wow that's appalling! I didn't hear that. We only ended up staying for 20 odd minutes my 2 year old was cranky and tired and letting everyone know about it.

I saw a lot of red and white merchandise being signed and at no stage did I over here someone being told they couldn't sign anything red n white

wow didn't hear about that happening. Saw quite a lot of red and white merch being signed happily.

Fair dinkum those photos the club put out look like they were from the Sydney FC open day.

More front than Myers.

Sydney's "victory" on the colour of our home shirts was pyrrhic. Everything else about Melbourne City looks more Sydney than Sydney ever did.

The only thing I really like in the new colours is the supporter scarf; I reckon it will be a collectors' item before too long and that's the reason I bought two - to maintain the link with the old Heart. Will wear it with more pride as the seasons pass.