Melbourne Football

Melburnians New Badge | OFFCIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

whats done is done and people are never going to be happy even if there is a revote, we need to keep on moving and start organising our selves properly, season isnt far off to start but we have the FFA Cup shortly.....logo/badge has to be moved on for something else now, (congrats to option 4 great design etc etc)....lets keep on moving forward as a terrace because there are bigger things needed to be done: Chants, Match Day Planning, Media, heck even scarves need to be done before FFA Cup so.....lets keep on moving and let build our terrace again! :)

• Like 2

Gonna take into account people suggesting to add the blue stripe instead of just the away strip colours? Or is this final?

stuff the blue stripe and lets move on.

Yes let's move on the home colours aren't red and white anymore

All three colors are included in the badge.

Edited by Young Polak

Why do people hate red and whit so much? Did you even support the heart? Do you care about where we came from or are you just interested in the trophies and the oil money?

I simply asked if we were going to take into account the added blue stripe since its on our current home kit.. I've been a member the past 3 years I'm not only interested in trophies and oil money only otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around and gone to every game when we have been losing was just wanting to embrace the new changes rather than ignore them.. I know there is sky blue at the top but was just wanting to know if the new stripe was to be added also

Edited by jparaga

Why do people hate red and whit so much? Did you even support the heart? Do you care about where we came from or are you just interested in the trophies and the oil money? 

It's going to be really interesting to see what our terrace ends up looking like this season.

I simply asked if we were going to take into account the added blue stripe since its on our current home kit.. I've been a member the past 3 years I'm not only interested in trophies and oil money only otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around and gone to every game when we have been losing was just wanting to embrace the new changes rather than ignore them.. I know there is sky blue at the top but was just wanting to know if the new stripe was to be added also

Wasn't having a dig at you. Just our supporters in general.

Too many glory hunters.

it is what it is so let's move forward and focus on what's ahead.

If you still want more blue go and buy Manchester city top.

This is melbourne city grown on foundation of melbourne heart

I wouldn't say these people hate red and white. We've obviously had an influx of new members on here who have come on now that we are Melbourne city, and they feel offended because they see the team as  blue and white instead of red and white. Thats why their is this constant attack against the red and white because lets be honest, if Melbourne heart played in a yellow strip as their away top for instance would've that colour be included on yarraside's badge? I know it's different due to the fact we're paying homage to our old red and white but all we can do is educate these people about why the red is on there and whatever they think, they think. Life's about compromise and I think this badge has done really well in doing so but as we have said many times you can't please everyone.

Edited by kingofhearts

Wasn't having a dig at you. Just our supporters in general.

I like the colour combination but I think some people feel like it's like pushing shit up hill with the red and white colours. You know, still clinging on too strongly to melbourne heart and not embracing the new club and owners.

I simply asked if we were going to take into account the added blue stripe since its on our current home kit.. I've been a member the past 3 years I'm not only interested in trophies and oil money only otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around and gone to every game when we have been losing was just wanting to embrace the new changes rather than ignore them.. I know there is sky blue at the top but was just wanting to know if the new stripe was to be added also Wasn't having a dig at you. Just our supporters in general.

I like the colour combination but I think some people feel like it's like pushing shit up hill with the red and white colours. You know, still clinging on too strongly to melbourne heart and not embracing the new club and owners.

I disagree with this entirely. 

I know everyone has differing views on this but to me it's the same club with a nice splash of new paint, and I don't think there's anything wrong with those supporters who feel more connected to the red and white than the new colours, and vice-versa. 

Lastly, while I appreciate the investment as it'll inevitably help the club develop and push towards a greater future, I honestly could not give a shit about embracing the new owners. They're in it for their own goals and ambitions and I'm in it to support my club and my club only.

• Like 3

I know this has probably been said before in other threads, but can someone explain why we spell it 'Melburnians'? 

Because that's how it's spelt

Its because Melbourne was originally called Melburnia, then they changed the name soon after the city was established.

I simply asked if we were going to take into account the added blue stripe since its on our current home kit.. I've been a member the past 3 years I'm not only interested in trophies and oil money only otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around and gone to every game when we have been losing was just wanting to embrace the new changes rather than ignore them.. I know there is sky blue at the top but was just wanting to know if the new stripe was to be added also Wasn't having a dig at you. Just our supporters in general.

I disagree with this entirely. 

I know everyone has differing views on this but to me it's the same club with a nice splash of new paint, and I don't think there's anything wrong with those supporters who feel more connected to the red and white than the new colours, and vice-versa. 

Lastly, while I appreciate the investment as it'll inevitably help the club develop and push towards a greater future, I honestly could not give a shit about embracing the new owners. They're in it for their own goals and ambitions and I'm in it to support my club and my club only.

For the record that what you highlighted is not my opinion. Are you then denying that some people feel that having that much red and white isn't a way to cling onto the heart? Why else would they want more blue and less red and white?

I like the colour combination but I think some people feel like it's like pushing shit up hill with the red and white colours. You know, still clinging on too strongly to melbourne heart and not embracing the new club and owners. I disagree with this entirely. 

For the record that what you highlighted is not my opinion. Are you then denying that some people feel that having that much red and white isn't a way to cling onto the heart? Why else would they want more blue and less red and white?

That's alright, I was just saying I disagreed with it!

Personally I feel as though it's more a way to acknowledge our history and respect us fans who were there from the beginning as opposed to merely throwing all of that away and saying "oh, we're Melbourne City now so let's discard everything from the Heart era".

I know this has probably been said before in other threads, but can someone explain why we spell it 'Melburnians'? 

Its because Melbourne was originally called Melburnia, then they changed the name soon after the city was established.

Cheers Dylan. I honestly didn't know that. Just assumed it was Melbournians 

As said in another thread; If the majority of the fans identify with sky blue over red and white then the terrace will adapt and evolve to reflect that. But at this point in time a lot of the feedback we've received is that people identify with Red & White (and fair enough too) and want those colours to take precedent. Clearly there are people that disagree with that, and there always will be, regardless of which colours are most visible.

Anyway, it just doesn't seem like a massive issue to me, the priority here is that we turn up and create the best possible atmosphere on match-days.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

Cheers Dylan. I honestly didn't know that. Just assumed it was Melbournians 

I was talking shit : :P   :fb:  

• Like 1