Melbourne Football

The Frank Lampard thread

Parrot

Would shit my pants if he decided he wanted to play in Australia long term instead of the U.S.

Hope we're pitching that his impact here would be bigger than the U.S.

That Schwarzer interview where he mentioned how Lampard had asked him about Australia gives me hope that he's considering a long-term move here.

• Like 1

Would shit my pants if he decided he wanted to play in Australia long term instead of the U.S.

Hope we're pitching that his impact here would be bigger than the U.S.

That Schwarzer interview where he mentioned how Lampard had asked him about Australia gives me hope that he's considering a long-term move here.

I'm still optimistic. Up to this point, anything can happen. Our owners would know that having two guest/loan players is going to leave a huge gap in the team when they leave and so either that means that they don't intend to do that (perhaps Lampard is actually our marquee??), or they have a strategy in place to deal with it when they do leave. Either way, I'm confident that our team won't just fall apart when Villa and probably Lampard leave during the season. 

It will be kits and sponsorship with etihad

Although this was just on twitter

@NYCFCWatch: I am told that Frank Lampard will officially be announced as a Melbourne City player as early as tomorrow. Most likely on loan from NYCFC.

A little curious that he would be announced as a Melbourne player on loan from NYCFC first rather than announced as a NYCFC player and then say oh by the way he will be in Melbourne too.

Infact if this happens I wouldn't be suprised if the real transferre period for us would be mid season rather that this one, where we seem to get all of New Yorks marquees for half a season or so.

Edited by Dylan

Hearing Frank Lampard's short-term move to Melbourne City to be confirmed in next couple of hours.

Oliver Holt is the chief sports writer for Daily Mirror, wouldn't announce anything if it wasn't a certainty 

I just don't understand why the would announce his loan move before he is announced as a new player at NYCFC.

• Like 1

I'm praying that he's going to be announced as our proper Marquee for the whole season. It just doesn't make sense that they'd announce a loan spell to us before they actually announce he's a New York City player.

Guest players are also so unexciting.

• Like 2

Is there anywhere that we are able to view this announcement online if its actually happening?

Hard to say. Occasionally when CFG have a press conference they'll stream it live on their website(s). Alternatively, if it's already been sorted it'll probably just be a news item on the club website.