Melbourne Football

Melbourne's New Manager (Aloisi Confirmed Pg 30)

Jimmy

Not buying a membership based on an announcement that has not been made yet? Jesus.

I don't care who is manager captain ceo whatever i will always buy membership. I may not like the decisions the club make but i will always support them.

• Like 2

Not buying a membership based on an announcement that has not been made yet? Jesus.

I don't care who is manager captain ceo whatever i will always buy membership. I may not like the decisions the club make but i will always support them.

i hear ya, i'm in for good now.

• Like 1

Struggling to comprehend how idiotic this club is.

Will not be buying a membership next year, for reasons stated earlier in this thread. So disappointed right now.

Clearly been spending too much time on MV.net.

I really hope you are not serious...

100% serious about our club being idiots, but was being sarcastic re not buying a membership. Now that I read over it again it didn't translate well onto the webs.

Burningly frustrated if Aloisi is our coach though. I'm actually still shocked he was even considered in the first place. The main backing people have given him is that he is a 'big name'.....hardly.

120 applicants, and none more suitable than Aloisi? Harder to swallow then Sibons dick imo.

Well, my position that I would be unhappy with this appointment has already been stated. But cant do anything about it now. Lets see what Aloisi does with his chance and judge after we see some games played with him in charge.

FORMER MELBOURNE HEART STRIKER JOHN ALOISI WILL BECOME THE SENIOR COACH OF THE CLUB. PICTURE: MICHAEL KLEIN HERALD SUN

ONLY a year after hanging up his boots with Melbourne Heart, John Aloisi will become the club's senior coach after he pipped Ante Milicic for the post.

The Heart board decided late last week that Aloisi, who coached the youth team last season, would replace John van't Schip.

The former Socceroos striker is understood to have signed a three-year deal.

At 36, he will be the youngest coach in the A-League next season.

Heart officials refused to confirm the appointment yesterday. A press conference has been called for 10.30am today at AAMI Park.

Milicic and Aloisi, who were contracted to Heart for next season, emerged as the only contenders after 10 external candidates were interviewed.

Aloisi was deemed the outsider, having started his first coaching job only a year ago.

Milicic, 38, was van't Schip's assistant for two years, had been a Young Socceroos assistant at two under-20 World Cups and coached Sydney United to a grand final in the NSW Premier League.

They were interviewed by the board at the end of Heart's season and an announcement had been expected a fortnight ago.

It is believed Aloisi's marketability played a part in the decision.

Heart's plan always centred on a Milicic-Aloisi coach-assistant duo, but it is uncertain whether Milicic will stay after being overlooked.

It is understood an offer is in the pipeline from the new west Sydney club, and Graham Arnold's sensational backflip yesterday to remain with Central Coast Mariners leaves a spot still open at Sydney FC.

Sydney may launch a bid for Tony Popovic, a former player and assistant at the club under John Kosmina and Vitezslav Lavicka, although he remains the favourite for the west Sydney job.

After a distinguished career with Antwerp (Belgium), Cremonese (Italy), Portsmouth, Coventry (England), Alaves and Osasuna (Spain), Aloisi joined Central Coast in 2007.

He was poached by Heart after a frustrating stint with Sydney FC and offered a multi-year deal that rolled into a coaching contract when he retired.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

Milicic will not be Aloisi's ass man. No way. He served his time as JVS' ass man, paid his dues, and now he has this guy Aloisi who spent 1 year coaching the youth team without much success get the job before him? He gon be mad as hell!

The fact John Aloisi is/has even been CONSIDERED as our 1st team coach is so fucking beyond retarded I can't articulate it. We are honestly better off folding and saving the board millions in capital they might spend on trying to overcome the PR crisis that will spawn from hiring an inexperienced coach who will inevitably flop and will have to be sacked for the club to try move forward. It's an prophetically indentical turn of events to what has happened at Melbourne Victory. The difference is, that Melbourne Heart do not have the support to overcome it. Financial or fan wise.

I'm not a fan of Ante Milicic either. Both should remain in their current roles and we should take our time and sound out someone that fits the bill perfectly, foreign or local. Back on Aloisi, HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE APPROPRIATE COACHING BADGES TO COACH A PRO FOOTBALL TEAM, FFS.

This is still my stance.

Although looking foward to him proving me wrong.

I also said something similar about Maycon. You can just tell by the way the club has acted there is something going wrong.

Edited by marteaux

Well the decision's been made so it's time to get behind him.

By the way, let's not compare him to Durakovic. Even without a coaching record, Aloisi has a far greater standing. He'll have the players playing for him, instead of barely disguised contempt of him. And won't have the same dressing room ego's to deal with. And he can string a sentence together. And he's better looking. And if it turns out he can coach, we get the bonus of marketability.

I haven't seen a transcript of what JA said in full, but there are some interesting reported comments here: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/john-aloisi-takes-lessons-to-heart/story-e6frg7mf-1226349657064

I think we will see JA make a few changes to the way Heart goes about its business. He's not just going to be a clone of JvS.

I'll bet Skoko will be back to coach the yooths. And I'd welcome that.

Plus hopefully an experienced assistant who has won trophies. Whether you want to call him a mentor or whatever, someone who can offer some guidance and wise counsel.