Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

Bloody hell why have the retained the Red back... :droy:

A return to Sibon White would have been so much better IMO.

With a white home kit in what universe is a white based away kit even remotely possible?

Well MHFC did as such for its first two seasons... all that is needed is some dark shorts which would also have been an improvement on these white ones.

Hoping they are not the final design. Want to purchase an away kit but god that looks like a 10 year old mucked around on photoshop for an hour. That nike tick just looks so out of place

Are we playing football, or running a Milan runway show?

There's two ways to do things....

Jerseys OK - at least no turtle neck.

Shorts - back is ugly. Looks like they're on back-to-front.

Home socks - no imagination whatsoever. Looks like the sort of thing I played in at school. Should have been two thin hoops.

Edited by jw1739

I think the home kit looks fine (although the colours aren't the best, of course). The blue stripe on the back of the home kit shorts looks a bit out of place, though.

I like the away kit jersey. A classic jersey for us, that's maybe intentionally a nod to Melbourne Heart (rather than having a particular aesthetic foremost in mind). The white shorts & red socks maybe don't work that well though (the cynic in me wonders whether the club is intentionally making the red & white away kit look a little off...).

It maybe would have been better to have white shorts & white socks, like we used a few times with Melbourne Heart:

Eli+Babalj+League+Elimination+Final+Glor     

Edited by Murfy1

seeing the away kit you still get that feeling of it's our club, its the heart. the home kit competly kills my buzz! Ill be getting the away kit. I hate how the home kit has that navy blue strip next to the sky blue stirp. why would you have that when victory have navy blue? i proberbly rate the whole concept of the tops about a 6 out of 10 at best. the away kit saves the whole thing. I just hope when we play victory home or away we always have the stripes on.

Fuck it's going to be weird seeing our boys run around in White kits with no Red in sight at home games :/

There'll be plenty of green in sight, just have a look at the lack of crowd and plenty of empty green seats.

Kit looks good I reckon, agree about away shorts though.

fixed

Edited by DancingQueen

I am quite prepared to embrace this new club as the "White" team in the league and in that respect I think Home Kit looks pretty nice...

I just really hope that the club allows this to occur and does not try to pursue Sky Blue again in the future.

• Like 4

I like it, I think the white looks great. What is probably going to piss off a lot of people to no end is that we will probably wear the home kit for most away games, since it doesn't clash with any other team really. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

I like it, I think the white looks great. What is probably going to piss off a lot of people to no end is that we will probably wear the home kit for most away games, since it doesn't clash with any other team really. 

What's the general precedent around the league, in this regard? Seemed like we always wore the sash away previously, whether or not the red and white created an issue with the opposition's colours.

Not very impressed. I'll be donning the reebok this season.

My plan is to never wear anything other than 'Heart' gear at home games. Will still buy the kits and stuff, but I think it's incredibly important to get as much red in the crowd as possible, which would hopefully make the club think twice about just gently phasing the red/white out a year or two down the track. Plus I'm really looking forward to being an A-League hipster.

• Like 5