Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

I like it, I think the white looks great. What is probably going to piss off a lot of people to no end is that we will probably wear the home kit for most away games, since it doesn't clash with any other team really. 

What's the general precedent around the league, in this regard? Seemed like we always wore the sash away previously, whether or not the red and white created an issue with the opposition's colours.

I thought that the rule was we had to.

It will be interesting this season when we go to Adelaide, just as an example!

I like it, I think the white looks great. What is probably going to piss off a lot of people to no end is that we will probably wear the home kit for most away games, since it doesn't clash with any other team really. 

What's the general precedent around the league, in this regard? Seemed like we always wore the sash away previously, whether or not the red and white created an issue with the opposition's colours.

Possibly earmarked as the fan-designed kit game? Play them away twice, but first time isn't until late-February. That possibility aside, it would probably come down to common sense. West Sydney was never going to wear its away kit at AAMI against Heart, for example (even though its home kit wasn't great)

Im not sure if there is a rule but I dont think Sydney ever wore their away kit last year? But it is Sydney FC of course

Not very impressed. I'll be donning the reebok this season.

What you expect a leprechaun with a pot of gold on the front! Na I expected "Red and Black Brigade" on there somewhere.

You're having a dig at me because I didn't know the name of Western Sydneys core supporters lol, :clap:

Yes.

• Like 1

Not very impressed. I'll be donning the reebok this season.

What you expect a leprechaun with a pot of gold on the front! Na I expected "Red and Black Brigade" on there somewhere.

You're having a dig at me because I didn't know the name of Western Sydneys core supporters lol, :clap:

Yes.

I'm not here to argue, especially with fellow supporters, I think they have done a good job with the tops, both home and away, and from my experiences with Nike tops they are of good quality and are comfy to wear.

• Like 1

Possibly earmarked as the fan-designed kit game? Play them away twice, but first time isn't until late-February. That possibility aside, it would probably come down to common sense. West Sydney was never going to wear its away kit at AAMI against Heart, for example (even though its home kit wasn't great)

Pretty sure we play Adelaide twice at home. We played them twice away last season 

• Like 1

Pretty sure we play Adelaide twice at home. We played them twice away last season 

Ah, right you are.

We occasionaly wore our home strip against victory when playing away.  I Hope we always wear the away strip against them now(Home or away).

It would be a universal rule - you can wear whichever strip you want*..

* The away team cannot clash with the home team. If the away strip clashes you need to wear another strip.  

Conversley

I can see most clubs playing against us at home wearing there home strips as most away strips from the other teams are predominatly white and would clash. 

I love the new kits. Will probably buy the home one and wear my heart scarf with it to the games. 

I also think having Etihad in the centre of the strip makes it look much more professional than the Westpac logo. Probably just because of the font but nevertheless, I think it makes the strip look cooler. 

I like both tops, will purchase both cause I have an obsession with sporting jerseys particularly the teams I support. 

Mate i feel ya.

Have about 13 Heart kits.

:hkpalm:  :hkpalm: :hkpalm: :hkpalm:

I recently went to Thailand, picked up up the home and away top for Chonburri FC and the home and away top for FC Phuket, on top of that I purchased a orange Real Madrid c.ronaldo top purely because i liked the look of it (couldn't give two shits about Real Madrid), have four Melbourne Heart tops, and my Man City top.

• Like 1

I love the new kits. Will probably buy the home one and wear my heart scarf with it to the games. 

I also think having Etihad in the centre of the strip makes it look much more professional than the Westpac logo. Probably just because of the font but nevertheless, I think it makes the strip look cooler. 

Even thouhg im not the biggest fan of the design of the home kit, the Etihad logo adds to it and makes it seem less plain.

If they were going to go with the blue stripes, we not make have them as a sash. Would of changed the look completely.

Would be great if they changed the navy blue stripe to a red one especially since i dont see NYFC having any red in there kit, but it is what it is and ill should learn to love it.

I like both tops, will purchase both cause I have an obsession with sporting jerseys particularly the teams I support. 

Mate i feel ya.

I recently went to Thailand, picked up up the home and away top for Chonburri FC and the home and away top for FC Phuket, on top of that I purchased a orange Real Madrid c.ronaldo top purely because i liked the look of it (couldn't give two shits about Real Madrid), have four Melbourne Heart tops, and my Man City top.

love your work mate.

I tell what what kit is classy. Belgiums WC away kit. Got that kit for indoor and it 100% class.

hopefully its comfortable around the neck and not skin tight, wonder how long till the start selling em

They look exactly like England's current kit, so id say if you want to see what its like try one of those on.

I think Westpac was pretty good, overall. Being red helped for a start and I thought using the big 'W' logo (over the logo in the 'Westpac' wording) in the last year was a solid improvement. Agree that the Etihad typeface just looks classy on a kit, but compared to some of the other garbage logos that have graced A-League club kits (that plane/computer mouse Webjet logo is truly awful, and didn't someone have Jim's Mowing a while back?), I reckon Westpac was clearly one of the better ones, anyway.

• Like 2

Mate i feel ya.

love your work mate.

I tell what what kit is classy. Belgiums WC away kit. Got that kit for indoor and it 100% class.

Falzon bro....too many kits!

Mate i feel ya.

love your work mate.

Falzon bro....too many kits!

Falzon?

Who is this Falzon you speak of lol

Trust me, i have so many kits, that ive given a few to the salvos and still fill up more than half of walk in waredrobe with Kits and Merchandise lol