Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

I dont want anyone as a member of this club who is blatantly attempting to rip off the honored name of goldust 

who is this goldust?

i have always liked the words silver and dust since i was a wee lad

hence i joined them together.

i cant be disrespecting anyone if i have no clue of who they are or if you dont know my history of silver and dust.

I dont want anyone as a member of this club who is blatantly attempting to rip off the honored name of goldust 

who is this goldust?

i cant be disrespecting anyone if i have no clue of who they are or if you dont know my history of silver and dust.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that. It's clear you are here to start a war. It's clear you won't be happy until we are all dead. 

I hope you're happy. 

• Like 1

who is this goldust?

I'm sorry but I don't buy that. It's clear you are here to start a war. It's clear you won't be happy until we are all dead.

I hope you're happy.

Some men just want to watch the forum burn

• Like 3

who is this goldust?

I hope you're happy. 

have i missed something?

was just thinking if i go active supporter membership or general admission.

Join the energetic voice of members in the southern end at AAMI Park, standing and singing throughout the game.

i have no problem standing but i dont think my voice can handle the whole game

i do love seeing how amazing the active support areas are.

will be a member by the end of the day. 

just getting my finances into order.

would be amazing to see membership hit the 10k mark this year.

• Like 1

Tickets on sale:

10647114_10152396659042479_7396107780456

TICKETS | Tickets are on sale for the 2014/15 @ALeague season. Our home Melbourne Derby will be on sale mid-November > http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=MELCITY15

https://twitter.com/MelbourneCity/status/512794942083592193

sfx129248.gif

The "Other" Melbourne Derby is on sale now    25th oct 

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Melbourne-Victory-FC-tickets/artist/1055545?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_homeA_2_f1

• Like 1

Tickets on sale:

TICKETS | Tickets are on sale for the 2014/15 @ALeague season. Our home Melbourne Derby will be on sale mid-November > http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=MELCITY15

sfx129248.gif

I vaguely remember one of the Melburnians lads posting something about the active area expanding upwards? Or did I just imagine that?

Tickets on sale:

TICKETS | Tickets are on sale for the 2014/15 @ALeague season. Our home Melbourne Derby will be on sale mid-November > http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=MELCITY15

sfx129248.gif I vaguely remember one of the Melburnians lads posting something about the active area expanding upwards? Or did I just imagine that?the club has said that it will be expanding upwards if the memberships sell out and the demand is there

I don't really see a 10k membership number as a turning point. Us having 10k members is more something that hangs in the balance of how successful we are on the pitch. If we don't do so well, or improve enough those 10k members will drop back down to where they were when we were melbourne heart. So yes it's great if we reach that number but it's not something that will make this club turn a corner.

Now the graph is interesting. Such a different curve from last year. The rate of increase is now well below that of last year and, on the current trend, we will end up with a total membership of ONLY about 15% higher. Not much better than our normal yearly increase. Causes? I think most existing members joined early with the hope that the new owners would finally bring excitement and results to the lame duck.

To attract new members and really increase our membership numbers above the "normal" yearly increase we need some BIG news and media coverage PLUS an outstanding performance on the field.

It's now looking like an optimistic final figure of 9,000. I'm really disappointed as I don't believe we have "made it" until we hit 10,000

• Like 1

Now the graph is interesting. Such a different curve from last year. The rate of increase is now well below that of last year and, on the current trend, we will end up with a total membership of ONLY about 15% higher. Not much better than our normal yearly increase. Causes? I think most existing members joined early with the hope that the new owners would finally bring excitement and results to the lame duck.

To attract new members and really increase our membership numbers above the "normal" yearly increase we need some BIG news and media coverage PLUS an outstanding performance on the field.

It's now looking like an optimistic final figure of 9,000. I'm really disappointed as I don't believe we have "made it" until we hit 10,000

I dont find it all that surprising. $250 (or what ever it is for membership) is quite a bit of money. Especially considering most sports fans already pay for Foxtel, merch, perhaps membership for another club, etc and then if they have a family they have to pay for all of them too. Most households cant justify spending that much on an unknown- especially considering what has happened over the years at this club.

I suspect we will see a significant rise in attendances that will not necessarily reflect in memberships to begin with (assuming City ramp up the publicity leading into the season). Then if the newcomers see something they like, they will come back and eventually sign up. A lot of this will depend on how well the team play.

• Like 2

I expect from tomorrow's family day, all the publicity will start ramping up and once the GF is over it will go to full scale. There will be a massive buzz around the a-league and especially City. Would be the ideal time to bring Villa over when there is no other sport going on and build up the hype to get all the people uncommitted to atleast go to a game to see him and even join up once they like what they see. Most people have never been to an a-league game and they are always shocked to see the quality and atmosphere (ie Melburnians)

We have got to 7759 without a major marketing program apart from club changing name with villa announcement and the ethihad sponsorship/shirt unveiling. Most of the news and publicity has been small scale (social media, news paper articles) and now with our new found funds, there should be some large scale marketing leading up to the season. There will be a spike in membership between the GF and the start of the season, how well the marketing program does will determine whether we get to 10k or not.

• Like 3

Curious does any one know the trend that membership take two weeks prior to the season starting? I think 9000 by season start is getable however I can't see us pulling on two and bit thousand members in just over a month

I think the trend has been we see a spike in memberships around this time of year because the club went pretty hard with the promo. I think as mjake pointed out we have seen a big slowdown recently and I suspect that is because most of those who didnt need that much convincing already have signed up.

Hopefully we will soon see some big campaigns and announcements which will boost numbers, but as I said. I wouldnt be too worried about membership numbers at this stage. Its going to be about grabbing new peoples attention and keeping it. Those are the ones that will take the club forward.

Edited by KSK_47

From the Day Before Round 1 last season to the total number of memberships at the end of last season memberships increased 23.8%. Let's round that up to 25% because we don't have Aloisi this season! hehe. Now if to get 10,000 by the end of this season we need to be sitting on 8,000 members by the Day Before Round 1...add 25% on to that and we'll hit 10,000 easy, which I believe is the Heart's critical mass!

I think with another game in Melbourne albeit in the north/west end of town (again) we'll see another little spike in memberships and of course with greater advertising and marketing as approach the first game of the season we'll easily be sitting over 8,000 members!

Then as the flock comes out for our first home game (Rd2) to see Villa in Melbourne we should easily get another couple of thousand memberships! 10,000 is easily achievable after the Derby in Rd 3.