Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

Big Heart twitter says its up 65% this time last year

Sounds wrong. According to last years thread we had 1027 members at the same time.

Yeah, in regards to memberships, I'd definitely go with what's said on this forum. We've got a lot of people on here who post membership numbers with accuracy

As I see it we are level with last year which is what some on here predicted, as only old members knew about the renewals starting.
The interesting bit will be when a more general campaign starts aimed at attracting new members.

guys just a quick one, this is my second year as a member and obviously opted to renew do they always just roll over the membership? or have you previously had to renew manually? (Jut out of curiosity) 

Did you pay through direct debit last year?

guys just a quick one, this is my second year as a member and obviously opted to renew do they always just roll over the membership? or have you previously had to renew manually? (Jut out of curiosity)

Yeah direct debit last year.

Yeah, it should roll over, unless you decide to cancel it yourself.

Next benchmark date.. 1243 at June 14th, this will show if the trend is slowing down as it usually does after the first 3-4 days

It's at 1155 now. Ticking along, but nothing spectacular at this stage to indicate that there will be a massive increase.

Yeah, it should roll over, unless you decide to cancel it yourself.

It will be rolled over on 19th June unless you cancel or modify your membership. To do either of those call the membership line.

The membership figure will jump a lot come the roll over date though I would think?

Yes, depending on how many took that option. We did (2). Automatic renewal is ideal for me as I have no intention of ever changing my support, the only question being whether we go down from Premium A; a couple more awful seasons (or abject poverty) might tempt me to do that.

The membership figure will jump a lot come the roll over date though I would think?

Yes, depending on how many took that option. We did (2). Automatic renewal is ideal for me as I have no intention of ever changing my support, the only question being whether we go down from Premium A; a couple more awful seasons (or abject poverty) might tempt me to do that.

First season I was Premium A. What a mistake that was. GA has much better atmosphere and I can get higher and get a better bird's eye view. You strike me as a man of the people jw. Come join us... 

First season I was Premium A. What a mistake that was. GA has much better atmosphere and I can get higher and get a better bird's eye view. You strike me as a man of the people jw. Come join us... 

I'm sorely tempted every season, I can confess to that. Of course I go into GA when it's wet (we get soaked otherwise), but fortunately there hasn't been a wet derby so far when moving would not be possible. If we start to get bigger crowds the pressure to change to GA will increase!

First season I was Premium A. What a mistake that was. GA has much better atmosphere and I can get higher and get a better bird's eye view. You strike me as a man of the people jw. Come join us... Started in A

Went to B

Then GA

Now in active 18

IMHO I went from the worse to the best not only from the viewing angle but mostly atmosphere!

So much better!!

• Like 1

Will get my daughter a membership this season, still a little too young to attend games but will be nice for her to have the little things that come with it.

I signed my juniors up last season and they absolutely loved it mate. (Except for a derby when the brave dipsh1ts scared the crap out of them).

Sure yours will too!

Will get my daughter a membership this season, still a little too young to attend games but will be nice for her to have the little things that come with it.

I signed my juniors up last season and they absolutely loved it mate. (Except for a derby when the brave dipsh1ts scared the crap out of them).

Sure yours will too!

Took my 7 month old (was about 4 months at the time) to the Brisbane game.

He shit himself with the crowd noise after we scored lol

stadium_2014_2015_regular.gif

can anyone remember last years seating? Could those whited out parts in 28 and 26 sections mean they are bringing in dugouts?

Hopefully! Although without those plastic chairs, we never would have gotten to witness the hilarity of Muscat vs Kosmina

Sure yours will too!

Her attention span needs a little working on she can only sit through the ice hockey at the moment cause it is so quick

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure those dugouts (two white spaces at 26 & 28) were already there and have been since AAMI Park was built...they're just not used in the A-League.

Yeah youre right. Managed to dig up last years plan and had the same marks.

Aren't the FFA introducing dugouts next season or the one after?

I dont think anything was confirmed

Yeah, now that I think about it, the FFA were taking it under consideration, but hadn't confirmed anything.

Edited by xXJawsaXx

Anyone been an international member before? I'll be overseas for at least this season and have signed up for this.

Just wondering if there are any benefits other than the lapel (they give you tickets for 3 matches knowing that you're overseas - very generous of Mr Mansour IMO)

• Access to 2 x Melbourne City home matches
  • Access to 1 x Melbourne City away game interstate (excludes Melbourne Victory matches. Call 1300 255 432 at least 14 days prior to game to arrange tickets)
  • Personalised membership card
  • Lapel pin
  • 10% online discount off all club merchandise
  • Weekly club newsletter
  • Football Family registration (FFA email newsletter and ticket offers including AFC Asian Cup and Socceroos friendlies)

Sure yours will too!

Actual Poo?

stadium_2014_2015_regular.gif

can anyone remember last years seating? Could those whited out parts in 28 and 26 sections mean they are bringing in dugouts?

Hopefully! Although without those plastic chairs, we never would have gotten to witness the hilarity of Muscat vs Kosmina

They have always had dugouts - they just dont use them, 

fSDJtKjPfM.jpg

1250 right now.. seems like we are ahead of last years figures by four days, signing players help of course.

last year we had a big opening week because we signed kewell on the day memberships opened. It was arguably bigger news here than Villa was as it was in the headlines weeks before as rumours and weeks after because he's such a big name to the mainstream here.

I think we will see the gap grow larger from here on compared to last season.

Edited by Tbitm
  • Like 1

Anyone been an international member before? I'll be overseas for at least this season and have signed up for this.

Just wondering if there are any benefits other than the lapel (they give you tickets for 3 matches knowing that you're overseas - very generous of Mr Mansour IMO)

• Access to 2 x Melbourne City home matches
  • Access to 1 x Melbourne City away game interstate (excludes Melbourne Victory matches. Call 1300 255 432 at least 14 days prior to game to arrange tickets)
  • Personalised membership card
  • Lapel pin
  • 10% online discount off all club merchandise
  • Weekly club newsletter
  • Football Family registration (FFA email newsletter and ticket offers including AFC Asian Cup and Socceroos friendlies)

I was wondering the same thing mate, gonna be overseas this entire season, what a first season to miss aswell...

I was wondering the same thing mate, gonna be overseas this entire season, what a first season to miss aswell...

Yeah I know - club with the equal worst ever losses record gets transformed into the alpha competitor and we'll be in another continent :lol:

would love to hear from anyone who's been an international member too...

• Like 1