Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

Well, it's at 415 as I type. At the moment though, I would say it's mostly existing members renewing (than new members joining) because they will be the ones who have received the news first.

I'm on the Direct Debit Payment Plan, and I've just received an e-mail to tell me that if I do nothing by 19th June that will continue on to 2014-15 at the same level and with the same seats. So if you're on that plan and want to continue you don't really have to do anything.

In.

But some of the wording of the specific membership types feel a bit vague. For example, active concession just says at the bottom "*Your membership will guarantee you a seat for all 13 home games" as a very last point with an asterisk next to it, when you would assume that the entry to the 13 home games would be the main point since that is pretty much what you are paying for. It also misses a lot of the benefits of the full adult active. Isn't the point of a concession ticket that you get the same benefits for a cheaper price because supposedly you aren't as well off as someone who is a full paying adult?

Putting it like this makes it sound like they are people a favour.

A more accurate way to put it:

because supposedly you are willing to pay less for the same benefits which have a very low variable cost, so the club will maximise profits by employing discriminatory pricing via the proxy of concession status :up:

This post shows the uptake over the last couple of years

I thought I update this since we haven't done it for a while. It'll make for a good guide come next year's membership drive:

2012/2013 season Vs 2013/14 season

3,300 August   16th Vs 3800 (+15.15%)
3,650 August   30th Vs 4272 (+17.04%)
4,000 Sept.      12th Vs 4633 (+15.83%)

4750 Day before R1 Vs 5908 (+24.38%)

5,500 Nov.       14th Vs 6758 (+22.87%)

5,850 Nov.       29th Vs 6800 (+16.24%) (2012/13 5 game memberships announced)

6,025 Dec.       18th Vs 6989 (+16.00%) (at Dec 25th)

?,??? Jan           7th Vs 7007 (2013/14 “4 of the best” m’ships announced)

?,??? Feb        20th Vs 7185

6583 TOTAL            Vs 7241? TOTAL (7241 is what we need to have a 10% increase on last year!)

Note: I found the 6,583 TOTAL in one of "tbitm's" posts so I'm only taking his word for it.

In.

But some of the wording of the specific membership types feel a bit vague. For example, active concession just says at the bottom "*Your membership will guarantee you a seat for all 13 home games" as a very last point with an asterisk next to it, when you would assume that the entry to the 13 home games would be the main point since that is pretty much what you are paying for. It also misses a lot of the benefits of the full adult active. Isn't the point of a concession ticket that you get the same benefits for a cheaper price because supposedly you aren't as well off as someone who is a full paying adult?

Putting it like this makes it sound like they are people a favour.

A more accurate way to put it:

because supposedly you are willing to pay less for the same benefits which have a very low variable cost, so the club will maximise profits by employing discriminatory pricing via the proxy of concession status :up:

Haha good call. Working full time for many years then going back to study as a mature age really sucks financially, i take what benefits i can get haha.

I don´t know if you and Victory fans keep track of each other but they are a bit deflated, defiant but deflated never the less.

What did they expect really?

Marvelous, I hate them so much and I hope they enjoy life being inferior.

Renewed yesterday when I received the email. Was only the 5th at that stage so good to see its at 548 as of now.

Once the people complaining the most get over the fact that their membership price does not include a seat on the board to sign off on any changes they will come around. They just need a bit more attention and to stomp their feet before they reluctantly renew.

• Like 1

Be very interested to see how many Man City supporters jump on board. For a $225 general admin membership that`s equivalent to 4 of their home games. 

A international membership is $70 which is equivalent to one home game to watch City. Hopefully they offer Man City members an incentive to sign up with us. 

Be very interested to see how many Man City supporters jump on board. For a $225 general admin membership that`s equivalent to 4 of their home games. 

A international membership is $70 which is equivalent to one home game to watch City. Hopefully they offer Man City members an incentive to sign up with us. 

Like free plane rides? 

Like free plane rides? 

I`m a Liverpool member and i live in Australia.

They are building a city family so you just never know!

With the sponsor being Etihad, why not?

Each home game a lotto for members to fly to watch a game in NY or Manchester and vice versa. How good would that be?

And because I suggested it, I get the first ticket.

One way, get your own way back.

Each home game a lotto for members to fly to watch a game in NY or Manchester and vice versa. How good would that be?

Stay in NY/Manchester or come back home to work. Hmmmm difficult decisions.......

Stay in NY/Manchester or come back home to work. Hmmmm difficult decisions.......

true,