Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

It appears that although numbers look good at the moment, we are not experiencing a surge which the club was hoping for.

Cracking 10k will be a challenge, achievable in my opinion but that's about it for the year a head.

Still decent

signed up.one more as my gf come to melbourne later this year and there will be one more extra when my mate signed up tonight

I will make sure more Chinese people signed up as member through my club fan paige in Weibo (Chinese twitter)

Have to say get Villa for 10 games gave us huge exposure in China and Chinese community in Melbourne

• Like 1

signed up.one more as my gf come to melbourne later this year and there will be one more extra when my mate signed up tonight

I will make sure more Chinese people signed up as member through my club fan paige in Weibo (Chinese twitter)

Have to say get Villa for 10 games gave us huge exposure in China and Chinese community in Melbourne

Are you the Chinese guy that came to Adelaide and I spoke with you at the Imp once after a game?

• Like 1

Let's hope his signing has a better effect on Chinese community than mifsud had on Maltese :)

And my blood pressure

Edited by Jestr

Are you the Chinese guy that came to Adelaide and I spoke with you at the Imp once after a game?

Yes that is me

• Like 1

Let's hope his signing has a better effect on Chinese community than mifsud had on Maltese :)

And my blood pressure

nah. if u want that huge effect u need to let the club sign our famous Gao ‘Planeshooter' Lin or make Li 'my dribbling better than Thierry Henry' Yi out of his retirement. lol

And my blood pressure

nah. if u want that huge effect u need to let the club sign our famous Gao ‘Planeshooter' Lin or make Li 'my dribbling better than Thierry Henry' Yi out of his retirement. lol

Sign Gao Lin and 1.4 billion people will take serious interest in the A-league

I wouldn't be surprised if our membership tally is only slightly higher than last year come the start of the season. I expect the membership number to rise substantially when the season begins and people start to experience coming to our games and seeing us win. There's no doubt winning brings the crowds and couple that with the people who will come to see Villa (and our other marquees), all we need is a strong start to the season and people will continually come back (and probably sign up). 

Also the larger crowds will create an atmosphere that many will want to experience every weekend. I for one love the atmosphere at our games. It kicks AFL's butt and that's saying something considering Heart would only get around 7k crowd compared to the 30k at most Carlton games. I can only imagine that when we break the 10k barrier for crowd attendances on a regular basis, that in itself will draw more fans to games and drive our membership tally up. 

• Like 1

When we announce Australian Marquee and Int Marquee and launch kits officially etc I expect the new to the game types will join up.

Plenty of room for growth but stats show we are ahead of last year just which would be promising.

They need to launch advertising still. With Villa and Duff with a household name as marquee and Australian Marquee I'm expecting 12k to jump on board. Around the number of members we have had in our existence at one point or another.

And my blood pressure

Sign Gao Lin and 1.4 billion people will take serious interest in the A-league

No way, unless we sign Leverkusen No.102-format43.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but we didn't have the direct debit rollover last year as it was the first year we introduced it yes? Which would indicate that the rusted on supporters would have signed up early, as opposed to 'rolling over' on June 19 like this year.

We could conceivably jump up significantly next week.

Let's assume half of last years mship base was on direct debit, and only half continue on this year, we could potentially see nearly 2,000 get added to the tally next week.

Those figures are arguably quite conservative as well IMO

Edited by bt50

Out of interest, how much are we expecting it to jump up by on DD renewal day? Are we talking 500 or 5,000?

I estimate between 500 and 800

Just had a glance through last years thread and the 40-50 membership increase per day remained relatively steady through the direct debit rollover period. I don't think we'll see anything dramatic. 

Out of interest, how much are we expecting it to jump up by on DD renewal day? Are we talking 500 or 5,000?

I estimate between 500 and 800

Just had a glance through last years thread and the 40-50 membership increase per day remained relatively steady through the direct debit rollover period. I don't think we'll see anything dramatic.

lol, I was curious and did the same thing.

Then I decided to look up milestones while I was there so here they are

July 4th: 2,143

July 31st: 3,018

August 26th: 4,000

September 20: 5,016

October 14th: 6,000

January 7th: 7002

The thread exploded every thousand we got :D expecting more of the same

I dont know how to feel rite now, 1363 after announcing the signings of Villa AND Duff along with e-mails and countless social media ad's to sign up and get a membership. Fuck i am impatient.. just hit 10K already.

Relax.. So far the club is just preaching to the already converted

Contemplating getting Ms Carlings a membership, but would be awks if we broke up.

Nah just hold onto the membership card on her behalf (tell her it's for safety...) The minute you break up start taking friends instead. 

or her sister...

• Like 3

Contemplating getting Ms Carlings a membership, but would be awks if we broke up.

You can get both in your own name. Also handy if she doesn't want to go to a particular match and you want to use the card for someone else. On the occasions that MrsJW doesn't go I have used her card for various mates (but no mistresses of course...).