Melbourne Football

Winter 2014 - off season updates

InMyHeart

As important as the players are, what I'll be really listening carefully for is any acknowledgement of the role that the club culture has played in our spectacular lack of success and mental fragility. I don't necessarily expect it to be talked about but really this is the most crucial aspect of Heart 1.0 that needs to be changed. As CCM and WSW show, you can make a good team out of ordinary players. The weakest links in our team are the club culture, lack of quality finishing, lack of off-field resources and club culture.

As important as the players are, what I'll be really listening carefully for is any acknowledgement of the role that the club culture has played in our spectacular lack of success and mental fragility. I don't necessarily expect it to be talked about but really this is the most crucial aspect of Heart 1.0 that needs to be changed. As CCM and WSW show, you can make a good team out of ordinary players. The weakest links in our team are the club culture, lack of quality finishing, lack of off-field resources and club culture.

You expect too much.....

I can virtually guarantee you will not hear anything about heart 1.0 in the offseason apart from comments on this forum.

Although our old club is now in coma until the changes are announced, no one who is still with in it will speak out in fear of possible reprisals

You expect too much.....

I can virtually guarantee you will not hear anything about heart 1.0 in the offseason apart from comments on this forum.

Although our old club is now in coma until the changes are announced, no one who is still with in it will speak out in fear of possible reprisals

I don't expect an in-depth group psychodynamic formulation, just a passing mention that it was a factor and it is being addressed

I understand what you are saying but the problem is defining 'culture' (and I know you given your thoughts clearly) and translating that into concrete results. For me I want to see concrete steps taken with relation to facilities (location, time frame, infrastructure), having a team list completed as early as possible, and whether the team gets to train with MC players/trainers/facilities. I think that if the preceding is delivered on then the competition for spots will change the players' mindset. Otherwise when their contract is up then it should not be renewed.

"Culture" was once defined to me (and others) on a training course as "The way we do things around here."

I've always remembered that and found it very useful as a simple explanation. Otherwise the word tends to be associated with "the arts" and doesn't have a lot of meaning to many people.

So, "The way we do things at Heart" needs to change.

Edited by jw1739

What I mean is what happens when a group of people get together. Can they form a clear cohesive goal and work together to achieve it? How flexible can the group be with it's methods in order to achieve its goals if the circumstances change? What happens in the 'group mind' experience that obstructs that process? An example of that is whether people in the group take responsibility or sit back and wait for someone else, whether their anxiety about what is going on interferes with their ability to work together with others. I'm a group psychotherapist so I could go on for pages about this stuff but MHFC has always struck me as a dysfunctional group, not a working group.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I honestly hope we see Robbie Wielaert/Jonatan Germano released. 

It will leave us with all VISA spots open in what city could attract who they want.

5 New VISA players (including a Marquee) 1 Australian Marquee and an under 20s Marquee (providing it hasnt been filled by Chapman)  

Ideal VISA players should be the following .....

*Two new defenders

*Midfielder

*Attacking midfilder (marquee) 

*Striker/Australian Marquee to fill the other striker spot

Edited by AntiScum

I would expect the No 1 thing on Man City's list would be installing the current Man City culture at all their clubs.  From a footballing sense, the only purpose to being a mini-Man City is to help install the culture.  

Excellent thread!

OK, so we have up to 7 spots available. That's nearly a whole new team. That's good news.

- + GK: (2) Andrew Redmayne, Tando Velaphi --- NEED A QUALITY KEEPER

+ DEF: (5) Jason Hoffman*, Patrick Kisnorbo, Robbie Wielaert, Connor Chapman, Ben Garuccio* --- WOULD like to see at least two bench warmers here in Hoff and Wielaert. This line defn needs solidifying.

+ MID: (6) Jonatan Germano*, Nick Kalmar, Stefan Mauk, Massimo Murdocca, Aaron Mooy, James Brown* --- CREATIVITY needed here on par with Engelaar, Broich or Ono. This is where we'll either be competitive for silverware or also rans.

+ ATT: (3) Mate Dugandzic, Iain Ramsay*, David Williams* --- NOT enough quality here to score regularly. Two additional proper strikers needed please.

Plenty of recruiting required by JVS and JD and the Sheikh if we're going to be going for silver in HAL10.

• Like 1

Excellent thread!

OK, so we have up to 7 spots available. That's nearly a whole new team. That's good news.

- + GK: (2) Andrew Redmayne, Tando Velaphi --- NEED A QUALITY KEEPER

+ DEF: (5) Jason Hoffman*, Patrick Kisnorbo, Robbie Wielaert, Connor Chapman, Ben Garuccio* --- WOULD like to see at least two bench warmers here in Hoff and Wielaert. This line defn needs solidifying.

+ MID: (6) Jonatan Germano*, Nick Kalmar, Stefan Mauk, Massimo Murdocca, Aaron Mooy, James Brown* --- CREATIVITY needed here on par with Engelaar, Broich or Ono. This is where we'll either be competitive for silverware or also rans.

+ ATT: (3) Mate Dugandzic, Iain Ramsay*, David Williams* --- NOT enough quality here to score regularly. Two additional proper strikers needed please.

Plenty of recruiting required by JVS and JD and the Sheikh if we're going to be going for silver in HAL10.

I don't think we'll be adding another keeper.

A-League sides usually stick to 2 senior keepers at a maximum, and youth keepers will rotate through if needed.

Well melbournecityfc.com.au has been registered by someone... And that's the only one that really matters I would think. .com.au's require that you have a business registered with the same name so are much harder to just register on a whim. 

oh and mcfc.com.au is registered too... 

Edited by Alexxandro