Melbourne Football

Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne heart 5:30pm Saturday 8th March

kingofhearts

The standard of passing is so so piss poor. Youd think A leauge by would have better standards or we are just absolutely shite today. This long ball nonsense is how you know Heart are having a shit game and will definitley lose.

first 10 minutes were great, the rest of the game was below par...  :(

The standard of passing is so so piss poor. Youd think A leauge by would have better standards or we are just absolutely shite today. This long ball nonsense is how you know Heart are having a shit game and will definitley lose.

This is by far the worst stats I've seen (glad I'm not watching the game)

Jets 64% passes complete

Heart 68% passes complete

I just don't understand why when jvs took over no defender went long if the option wasn't there. They would look to pass the ball on the ground. If it wasn't there they wouldn't give up possession. Today the moment there isn't a first option it's a long ball. Questions I'd like answers to.

Can someone answer this please? I don't cannot comprehend what I'm seeing

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

I think today was about being complacent, and a little bit your opponents crappness dragging you down to their level. Having said that inthink they deserved the win and that was old Heart from memory.

For me personally Newcastle join the hate list alongside Victory. They got Zadkovic and play uninspiring football, enough reason if you ask me.

Edited by United

Come one everyone it's one game. Are you really going to let a very poor game today take away from how well we have done the last 6 weeks. Just need to pick up next week and do better. We win everyone says we're amazing and we'll make finals, we lose and now we can't make finals. Bunch of yoyos on here.

• Like 3

Finals still possible, but looking as unlikely as they did a few weeks ago. Disappointing loss, Jets aren't a good footballing side and the pitch was shite today which i think caused our boys to bang it long and hope. Ramsay had to be dropped, had two really good chances in the opening 15 mins and couldn't even get his efforts on target despite been under no pressure. Fullbacks were pretty useless as well, until Germano dropped back. 

Four wins from the final 5 games, can't see it happening.

at least now the new owners can concentrate on getting rid of most of our players in the off season as finals are now a distant dream ,id be happy to finish anywhere apart from bottom after start of season tbh ,altho for players to be retained id be head pushed to keep any of the starting 11 , youngsters like Garuccio should never be dropped for that spud Behich ,which questions JVS why drop him ,he played excellent last week !

I remember when Aziz used to bust his arse for every ball, hit hard in every challenge and put in 100% for every minute of the 90. Current Aziz isn't a pinch of shit on old Aziz, needs a week (or 3) picking splinters out of his arse me thinks. So disappointing watching him get continually beaten out on his wing.

Come one everyone it's one game. Are you really going to let a very poor game today take away from how well we have done the last 6 weeks. Just need to pick up next week and do better. We win everyone says we're amazing and we'll make finals, we lose and now we can't make finals. Bunch of yoyos on here.

Well to be fair, it was a yo-yo performance... last week we were playing exceptional football and were still in the hunt for finals, this week we played complete and utter tripe and now we need to rely on other results plus us winning pretty much every remaining game to make it.

Our overall rejuvenation under JVS has been amazing though and we can't let a shit game make us forget that, you're right.

• Like 1

Because you can't drop Behich for no good reason. He's a starter. Garruccio had his very first start last week. One good game doesn't warrant a start, simple as that. Garruccio was brought on because Behich lost the position due to poor play and errors. Now and only now jvs has a reason if he decides to, to start garuccio.

More to do with the numbers, this was a must win game for us to keep momentum going, and pressure on those teams around us. At the end of this round we will be either 5-6 points off 6th place, and that'll just keep increasing the pressure on the boys to perform, something they don't do well under.

FWIW, I think the players are letting this run into the finals get to them as if it's there God given right too make it

We needed this kick up the arse I reckon.  Went out there thinking they were going to gift us the game, when it didn't happen it was too late to get into gear.   Hope JVs drops a couple ot make a point.

Finals still alive.  Max points 39 which is 3 more than we'll need.