Melbourne Football

Matchday 20: vs Brisbane @AMMI park 5pm Sunday 23 February

Fentonthescreamingcactus

Aye fair call, I mean its not like you were just beaten at home by Newcastle or anything, is it?

again ! last time as well!

True, something about the jets... we always suck arse against them, don't understand it.

But, you are the Heart, no problems beating you lot :D

Agreed, just like the last time you beat us as AAMI, where Aloisi was a player, not a sacked coach.

Aye fair call, I mean its not like you were just beaten at home by Newcastle or anything, is it?

True, something about the jets... we always suck arse against them, don't understand it.

Agreed, just like the last time you beat us as AAMI, where Aloisi was a player, not a sacked coach.

HAHA not much anyway :P

I am glad that Kewell is out this weekend, has a tendancy of scoring against us. 

Can't you start MISSfud?

HAHA not much anyway :P

I am glad that Kewell is out this weekend, has a tendancy of scoring against us. 

Can't you start MISSfud?

C'mon that's below the belt, that 's taking the piss :P

Edited by japiedog

brisbane supporters and their obsession with us :droy: we know you love us guys, no need to visit our forums all the time. 

try and visit the mongs they need all the help they can get.

paging scouse_roar to provide a second opinion no one cares about.

An enemy of the Victory is a friend of mine :) 

Hate to admit it but the Heart are the team I dislike the least. Excluding Roar obivously! 

I am glad that Murdocca chose the heart as he is still a club legend

It fkn stung a bit the morning I heard Berisha was going to Victory... But the next morning was ok, because we became the richest club over night... How does it feel for you? Roar Fan...

Brisbane might leave with the three points on Sunday, but Berisha will be thinking "Fuck I wish I can just stay now"

Honestly, and I can only speak for myself but it was a huge kick in the guts at first but after a while I realised that I don't care that much because he will suck under Muscat and it is exciting when new players come in.

Out of all our players he is the biggest tool in our team (hate to admit it) he doesn't always represent the club in a great way. Perfect fit for Victory actually!

We still have Broich so we'll be ok :)

G'day Heart fans

Just wanted to drop in and say that although your turnaround this year has been something amazing that we it will end now. The mighty Roar is coming to town and will be leaving with all 3 points.

Cheerio

Jog off gimp

Well that is a bit aggressive isn't it. What is wrong with a bit of banter? 

Expect that sort of comment from Victory supporters. 

G'day Heart fans

Just wanted to drop in and say that although your turnaround this year has been something amazing that we it will end now. The mighty Roar is coming to town and will be leaving with all 3 points.

Cheerio

The 2 times you came to town last season you left with a big fat 0 points with a 3-7 aggregate. Now under JVS, prepare to get fucked up!

Although we don't have Tadic anymore who tore Brissy a new one <3

Heart 3-1

G'day Heart fans

Cheerio

The 2 times you came to town last season you left with a big fat 0 points with a 3-7 aggregate. Now under JVS, prepare to get fucked up!

Although we don't have Tadic anymore who tore Brissy a new one <3

Heart 3-1

Also Jurman has left, got minced by Tadic that night.

G'day Heart fans

Cheerio

Tell Broich for me Orlando's healthy.

And he's looking for revenge :up:

The team has overcome a lot of obstacles over the last 5 weeks and has had a lot to prove. Finally winning away would have taken a bit of the pressure off their shoulders. Very interested to see if they keep that desperation to succeed intact or whether they drop off a bit now that they're a little bit in the clear. Many professional sportspersons say it's harder to keep staying on top than to get there, motivation to keep pushing to improve drops. While we're bottom of the ladder, in terms of form and confidence the team would feel they are one of the top teams. Hopefully they keep wanting to make themselves even better.

David Williams is all Heart to seize opportunity with treble after Harry Kewell’s injury absence

David Davutovic 

February 18, 2014

MELBOURNE Heart coach John van’t Schip praised hat-trick hero David Williams after he made the most of Harry Kewell’s absence in the 5-0 whitewash of Wellington Phoenix.

Having scored in his last two games off the bench, Williams made the most of a rare start under van’t Schip and netted the first treble in Heart’s four-year history to shoot to the top of the A-League scorer’s charts.

Kewell remains an outside chance to return for Sunday’s clash against Brisbane Roar at AAMI Park after missing the trip to New Zealand with a toe injury.

Heart also hope to regain Argentine midfielder Jonatan Germano, who missed the NZ trip after showing some stellar form after returning from a lengthy lay-off.

It took Heart until Round 8 to score its fifth goal of the season yet since van’t Schip’s arrival they’ve scored 14 in seven games, all of those coming in the last five.

Van’t Schip praised Williams’ performance and challenged him to continue the good form against league leaders Brisbane, his original A-League club.

“David was already doing a good job coming into games and got his chance to play as a striker because Harry was injured and he did really well,’’ van’t Schip said.

“He made very good use of space and got a very good ball from Orlando to make his first goal and a good finish off the corner.

“He’s important, he has a good shot and now he has to keep this level and continue.

Heart will miss suspended defender Rob Wielaert through suspension, with Patrick Gerhardt likely to slot into central defence alongside Patrick Kisnorbo.

Van’t Schip said Kewell and Germano would be monitored during the week but praised the team’s depth.

“We have Brisbane so that’s a massive game, the best team in the league and they play very good football so it’s a big challenge to show we’re up for them,’’ he said.

“We’ll have to make some changes, Robbie Wielaert will not play because of suspension and we have to see how far we’ve come with the players coming back in Germano and Harry

“So the competition in the squad is on and that’s good as well.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/david-williams-is-all-heart-to-seize-opportunity-with-treble-after-harry-kewells-injury-absence/story-fni2wcjl-1226829919324

Edited by Murfy1

The impact of momentum

Mate Dugandzic

18 Feb 2014

MOMENTUM in sport can be a beautiful or seriously frustrating thing.

There are times where you can feel like you’re doing everything right but can’t get the desired result and others where it seems you can’t put a foot wrong.

While we’re still a long way from suggesting everything is going right, our form over the past month has caused a ripple effect of confidence throughout the whole squad.

It would have been easy to say it was too hot to play in Albury when temperatures reached 40C in our recent match against Perth Glory.

Instead, we soldiered on and pulled out a late winner courtesy of our super sub David Williams.

I think it’s the attitude of a winning team that you want to play regardless of the opposition, weather or any other conditions.

In Albury, we wanted to go out and keep our form rolling and were able to do that, despite the intensity in the match dropping off in the second half as the heat sapped energy.

David’s continued good form has coincided with a run from the team in which we’ve won three from four games, including him netting winners against Sydney FC and Perth.

He’s such a crucial player when he’s on song and has played the substitute roll perfectly, coming on when defenders are tired and running rings around them.

If you’d said our trip to Wellington in Round 19 would be a battle of two teams in winning form a month ago, few people would have believed you.

As I said, momentum can be a funny thing in sport.

We’re confident we can keep things flowing in our favour.

Edited by Murfy1

G'day Heart fans

Cheerio

Tell Broich for me Orlando's healthy.

And he's looking for revenge :up:

Also tell him: "There were ten...