Melbourne Football

Location of New facilities ?

InMyHeart

The Cranbourne Stink

Since 2007 residents of Cranbourne, especially of the Brookland Greens residential estate, have been concerned with potentially deadly levels of methane gas in their neighbourhood.[15] In 2008 residents were told to evacuate as methane levels reached as high as 60 percent, many times the level at which explosions may occur.[16]

The source of the methane was identified to be the closed Stevensons Road landfill which operated until 2005. The City of Casey council implemented a range of measures to limit the escaping methane and the EPA continues to monitor the site.[17]

In 2009 residents raised complaints against the Cranbourne Waste Transfer Station, which sits on a site adjacent to the Stevensons Road landfill. About 400 signatories have signed a petition for the closure of this facility.[18]

That shit got sorted out pretty quickly buddy ;)

The western suburbs of Melbourne have got the worst air quality by far, in fact there are plenty of statistics showing life expectancy is lower and levels of respiratory related illness and death is much higher.

There's no point arguing that the west is better than the south east, crime stats simply flush that theory down the toilet. Moving on.

• Like 1

The western suburbs of Melbourne have got the worst air quality by far, in fact there are plenty of statistics showing life expectancy is lower and levels of respiratory related illness and death is much higher.

Melbourne's city centre has poor air quality while western suburbs have best in the state

You talk a lot of shit mate :up:

Feel free to present some of these plentiful 'statistics' you claim exist. :up:

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Driving to/from La Trobe or epping to the city can almost be as bad as driving to the s.e suburbs on a shit day. I very biased though coz I fucking hate the northern and western Surburbs, full of scum types.

Lol, the South East is more scum than the west. Yeah you're more likely to be murdered and robbed in the west, but it's a classier place than the shit hole that is the South East of Melbourne.

...and who says Melbourne doesn't have a distinct geographical divide? :P

Well, you did

There's no real defined geographic divide (that broad-based, inclusive football franchise could gain leverage off) in Melbourne

Glad to see you've taken my light hearted comment so seriously you've gone back over a year to pull out an old comment. 

We also need to realise that we're a definite third in the pecking order Manchester-New York-Melbourne. CFG will spend what they have to to make us a success; they will not spend more than that.

I think you're misunderstanding the resources of CFG if you think they need to scrimp and cut corners in Melbourne to save up cash for NYC and Manchester. They'll spend exactly what they need to spend to upgrade your facilities, and probably a fair bit more.

Melbourne's city centre has poor air quality while western suburbs have best in the stateYou talk a lot of shit mate :up:Feel free to present some of these plentiful 'statistics' you claim exist. :up:

Nice googling there mate... :up:

But consider yourself out googled :up:

http://www.wadenoonan.com.au/slideshow/193-clean-up-brooklyn-melbournes-dirtiest-suburb

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/video/watch/17918478/melbournes-most-polluted-suburbs/

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/brooklyn-pleads-for-tough-action-on-air-pollution-20130303-2fefu.html

Mine are more recent too :up:

I can post the health and life expectancy stats too if you like but you've proven you're quite capable of using a search engine... :up:

Melbourne's city centre has poor air quality while western suburbs have best in the stateYou talk a lot of shit mate :up:Feel free to present some of these plentiful 'statistics' you claim exist. :up:

Nice googling there mate... :up:

http://www.wadenoonan.com.au/slideshow/193-clean-up-brooklyn-melbournes-dirtiest-suburb

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/video/watch/17918478/melbournes-most-polluted-suburbs/

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/brooklyn-pleads-for-tough-action-on-air-pollution-20130303-2fefu.html

I can post the health and life expectancy stats too if you like but you've proven you're quite capable of using a search engine... :up:

Brooklyn is only one suburb, a highly industrial suburb, if you read (isn't the literacy rate below 20% in the SE?) the link I posted it even mentions it, and that outside of Brooklyn the western suburbs have the cleanest air. So your assertion that "The western suburbs of Melbourne have got the worst air quality by far" is incorrect, because the opposite is actually true, apart from one of the fifty suburbs that make up the Western Suburbs.

Please do provide these statistics though.

Edited by Tesla

And a small estate in cranbourne was legit but i cant post something regarding a whole suburb...??

If you actually paid attention footscray was mentioned too... two suburbs from the west were mentioned as the worst and one in the south east was mentioned as the best... Oh sorry your article which is 2 years older and doesn't even mention the south east is more credible.

Supprised Altona wasn't mentioned too, place stinks like shit.

Melbourne's city centre has poor air quality while western suburbs have best in the stateYou talk a lot of shit mate :up:Feel free to present some of these plentiful 'statistics' you claim exist. :up: Nice googling there mate... :up:

Brooklyn is only one suburb, a highly industrial suburb, if you read (isn't the literacy rate below 20% in the SE?) the link I posted it even mentions it, and that outside of Brooklyn the western suburbs have the cleanest air. So your assertion that "The western suburbs of Melbourne have got the worst air quality by far" is incorrect, because the opposite is actually true, apart from one of the fifty suburbs that make up the Western Suburbs.

Please do provide these statistics though.

You almost border on the xenophobic with your dislike of the SE.

You almost border on the xenophobic with your dislike of the SE.

I don't dislike the SE.

I just enjoy a bit of banter.

Yeah I understand, I generally need to be more drunk to up the enjoyment, but things are slow.

On a side note, I always get lost in the western suburbs, I've found some interesting places though becuase of it.

The facilities in Ballarat aren't even that close to finished. I train there throughout the week and all it's got finished is one pavilion type thing with the change rooms and one synthetic pitch. The main turf pitch is down with four floodlights. None of the stands, car park or other synthetics are completed yet.

The real question should be ... Must we have our home ground(s) collocated with the training, administration etc? Whilst that is obviously ideal, the lack of available property (though not anywhere near as bad as in NYC) may force us to consider alternatives.

At least initially, we will probably play our home games at AAMI and train at Latrobe. The major consideration for the future home ground has to be access to public transport, particularly when one remembers that this was a real factor in the failure of the AFL Waverley ground. In this regards Melbourne's city centric system pretty much dictates a location close to the heart of Melbourne. I would be horrified if CFG decided to have their main stadium at relatively “remote” places like Latrobe, Seaford, Cranbourne even possibly Northcote (bogans, air quality, intelligence etc notwithstanding) let alone Ballarat.  There must be somewhere available within about 2 train stations of Spencer street (oops, I mean Southern Cross).

the north east areas up in the hills like Donvale where all them rich kents live is probably the only suburban place that isn't shit.

Suburban life around Melbourne is shit overall wherever you go.

can confirm. no arguments needed here

I think you need to get out more and explore places like Toorak, Kew, Canterbury, Brighton, Malvern, Parkville and Clifton Hill if you want to see where the elite of Melbourne live these days.

Anyway why does every single location of facilities conversation always divert to a debate about SE vs NW?

Edited by cadete

NW > SE

BUMP!

After living in Perth as a teen I am just greatful I live anywhere in Greater Melbourne...

ESP after having watched Heart play in places like Adelaide, Parramatta and of course the Infamous Newy.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 4

NW > SE

BUMP!

After living in Perth as a teen I am just greatful I live anywhere in Greater Melbourne...

ESP after having watched Heart play in places like Adelaide, Parramatta and of course the Infamous Newy.

wow... newy... that my first away trip with you guys... so many memories... we live and learn. lol

Sunshine says hi

Moving our base to Sunshine is a great idea HeartFc!

We can use World Gym as part of our training facilities, and in fact I recently saw on Gumtree that they are trying to rent out offices in their building, so we can have our administrative base there too.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sunshine/office-space-commercial/studio-office-space-available/1044876982

A photo of our new administrative facilities:

$_20.JPG

and of course, the training facilities:

$_20.JPG

the change rooms:

$_20.JPG

and the lovely exterior:

$_20.JPG

Would make a great base.

There is even a playing field across the train tracks (did I mention our new base is served by not 1, but 2 train stations!) that can be used for our non-gym based training sessions.

• Like 4

Sunshine says hi

Moving our base to Sunshine is a great idea HeartFc!

We can use World Gym as part of our training facilities, and in fact I recently saw on Gumtree that they are trying to rent out offices in their building, so we can have our administrative base there too.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sunshine/office-space-commercial/studio-office-space-available/1044876982

A photo of our new administrative facilities:

$_20.JPG

and of course, the training facilities:

$_20.JPG

the change rooms:

$_20.JPG

and the lovely exterior:

$_20.JPG

Would make a great base.

There is even a playing field across the train tracks (did I mention our new base is served by not 1, but 2 train stations!) that can be used for our non-gym based training sessions.

LOL - This place looks more suitable to Essendon than MHFC.

• Like 2

I think the training facility will stay in the NW.

My guesses :

1) La Trobe - enough space, been there before- community links are already established, good sports science, good educational links

2) Essendon Airport - enough space, close to the CBD, they are looking to sell off land for other uses

3) Epping area - enough space, been there before - community links are already established, a bit distant though