Melbourne Football

Round 17 - vs Sydney - Friday Jan 31st - 7.30pm AEDT, 8.30am GMT

Caddy

What are people's thoughts on Ticker? Like seriously...

Can't help but cringe every time that announcer screams out about how the best mascot in the A League is somehere in the building... WHERE IS HE?!?! HERE HE IS IT'S TICKER! *massive ginger comes out, hugs announcer, random camera zooming in and out of his face...* Just makes us look like a shitty AFL side tbh Actually Half Cat the Mascot at Cats games is a funny fucker - A whole lot better than Ticker. A used condom with a hole in it is funnier then ticker

I believe mascots are supposed to be something that represents the team in some way, (eg - cat for Cats, lion for Lions etc.) what the fuck even is ticker? Like is he supposed to be some form of superhuman or just some random dude who looks like he's escaped a poor Japanese cartoon?

The Kids love him... They talk about him, he helps bring people to the game. 

I'd hate to tell you but a friend of mine is a friend of Ticker, or at least one person inside Ticker, and 'he' is actually a she!

Nice  :wub:

If you targeting kids, allow more of them them on field at half time or pre game for some kicking/ playing activities.

Select 2 or 3 players to stay after the game to sign autographs for lousy 15 min

Hand out mini soccer balls, caps, etc to little ones.

Mingle, take photos

Kick to kick with Harry

Score a goal vs redmayne

Race gol gol for 16 yards ( easy win) get a prize.

Dribble Hoffman ( easy again)

Kids would love this

Get rid of that stupid carrot top!

The Kids love him... They talk about him, he helps bring people to the game. I thought your kids like me?

Might have to have a word to them tonight

I'm not sure why, but they can pick you out of a crowd of 5000.

Must have been something you said...

Only 1 will be there, the other will be at the cricket across the road.

• Like 1

Can't help but cringe every time that announcer screams out about how the best mascot in the A League is somehere in the building... WHERE IS HE?!?! HERE HE IS IT'S TICKER! *massive ginger comes out, hugs announcer, random camera zooming in and out of his face...* Just makes us look like a shitty AFL side tbh Actually Half Cat the Mascot at Cats games is a funny fucker - A whole lot better than Ticker. A used condom with a hole in it is funnier then ticker

I believe mascots are supposed to be something that represents the team in some way, (eg - cat for Cats, lion for Lions etc.) what the fuck even is ticker? Like is he supposed to be some form of superhuman or just some random dude who looks like he's escaped a poor Japanese cartoon?

Then explain why Celtic have had in the past a Parrot and currently have Beagle.

Ticker is a play on heart you know, 'he's got no ticker'.  Maybe if Misfud needs a job after this season we can let him be ticker?

• Like 3

Ticker is a slang for Heart , ie does he have the ticker for it , it was used a lot during election campaigns in the late 90's

The Kids love him... They talk about him, he helps bring people to the game. 

I'd hate to tell you but a friend of mine is a friend of Ticker, or at least one person inside Ticker, and 'he' is actually a she!

Doing those back flips and head stands? I like Tickeress already...

• Like 1

It means something to me! I hate Sydney, the place and the football team.

Agreed - As far as I am concerned this is a match that matters for me as I split the Comp into the following Groups.

Those I Care About

Victory

West Sydney

Sydney

Adelaide

Brisbane

Those I dont Care About

Wellington

Perth

Central Coast

Newcastle

I like this post ALOT