Melbourne Football

MVFC signs Besart Berisha

AntiScum

FFS, so much crazy panic here it's hilarious.

Yes, it's a brilliant signing for them and he's a player we'd all like to have but do you honestly believe our current ownership would have even considered chasing this dude with one foot out the door? We may end up signing an even better striker next season, who knows.

Getting upset about next season is pointless, we still need to live through this one. One day at a time lads.

Strikers standout because they are often the ones celebrating the goals but as football is a weakest link game, we can get more bang for our buck improving on the weakest players in our team than we can spending the money on a Berisha. Game changers like ADP make a more compelling case but really we need to improve our list more than we need him

Ambition. Sometimes it's all you want as a fan.

You go on about how you want a change of owners - And I agree its the biggest thing this club needs.

So if Siddle and Co are trying to sell the club they are obviously not going to start trying to sign International Marquees for future seasons are they?

You cant have it both ways.

I'm talking about in general mate, not right now.

In general one team wants to be the biggest and best (may not be succeeding all the time) and continually do things that make statements. Then there's us that balance the books and undercut success for other means.

That's all I'm talking about.

Hopefully new owners have one thing in mind. Being successful. That's all that matters. We should only want to stand for Excellence.

Would have been very hard to swallow signing Berisha. Even though he's only a slightly better bloke, I say we now throw money at Smeltz. 

At least two of our International spots will be free for next season so there will be a lot more prospective Strikers available than just those currently playing A-League.

Edited by cadete

Would have been very hard to swallow signing Berisha. Even though he's only a slightly better bloke, I say we now throw money at Smeltz. 

At least two of our International spots will be free for next season so there will be a lot more prospective Strikers available than just those currently playing A-League.

I don't care who it is as long as they're a proven goal scorer that will be more than serviceable. No more taking risks on strikers that don't step up.  

IMO it was much more painful when we also on the hunt for a Manager and MVFC signed Ange.

And as unpopular as Ange might be on this forum, I am not ashamed to say that I would much rather the signature of Ange over Berisha anyday.

Agree with this, although wassnt there some rumor around that it would never happen as long as Sidwell was at the club?

Berisha is an average striker at a shit league. 

Scout some strikers from the Superettan (second tier Swedish league) or even some of the first tier shitty clubs as there are plenty of players from these shit-but-not-as-shit-as-HAL leagues that would tear this league apart.This goes for all shitty Euro leagues. 

#mifsudoutrandomswedishguyin

IMO it was much more painful when we also on the hunt for a Manager and MVFC signed Ange.

And as unpopular as Ange might be on this forum, I am not ashamed to say that I would much rather the signature of Ange over Berisha anyday.

Shame that Ange wouldn't have touched the job with a barge pole with Sidwell involved... #homewrecker

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't wait for the first pre season training session at mv.

" hi my name is Besart Barisha, you fuktards will remember me from last season's semi final where I ended your season.

Good to meet you now..... Who wants to see my collection of red cards???????