Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Have been pretty down and absent on the whole issue..... definitely doesn't feel the same anymore that is for sure.

Just think im going to find myself not doing anything a certain weekend and wanting to have a bit of fun on the terrace. Mmmm still not sure.

do you reckon you would try before you buy?

The website currently looks like its been stripped back. In fact it looks like every a league clubs website has been stripped right back. Hopefully this means the FFA has now let everyone create their own website.

Goodness me, yes it has. That must have happened in the past few days. Perhaps someone from the club does follow this Forum after all!

The website will be redesigned as part of the newly appointed Social Media Coordinator's role. They will have more freedom to embed content (mainly social media) and the Club is aware of the limitations previously imposed by the templated Optus sites - they are working to improve stats, playing lists, multimedia etc and you'll see more once the SMC hits the ground running!

Looks like they are still the same templated sites provided by Perform (never understood what optus had to do with them TBH). I don't think the club would have much/any scope to really add any features, and what you are saying really only sounds like they will update/manage the content better (stats, playing lists, multimedia), which is probably the best they can do until the FFA lets clubs have their own websites. What limitations have actually changed? Seems like they are all still there (shit design, shit UI/UX, shit cookie-cutter everything, restricted to whatever features the CMS has, etc.).

Yes, FFA can't get it right. I just checked the club web-site and I see we've signed Archibald, Walker, Vrankovic, Gerhardt, Retre, Mitchinson and Kewell!

The website currently looks like its been stripped back. In fact it looks like every a league clubs website has been stripped right back. Hopefully this means the FFA has now let everyone create their own website.

Goodness me, yes it has. That must have happened in the past few days. Perhaps someone from the club does follow this Forum after all!

The website will be redesigned as part of the newly appointed Social Media Coordinator's role. They will have more freedom to embed content (mainly social media) and the Club is aware of the limitations previously imposed by the templated Optus sites - they are working to improve stats, playing lists, multimedia etc and you'll see more once the SMC hits the ground running!

Looks like they are still the same templated sites provided by Perform (never understood what optus had to do with them TBH). I don't think the club would have much/any scope to really add any features, and what you are saying really only sounds like they will update/manage the content better (stats, playing lists, multimedia), which is probably the best they can do until the FFA lets clubs have their own websites. What limitations have actually changed? Seems like they are all still there (shit design, shit UI/UX, shit cookie-cutter everything, restricted to whatever features the CMS has, etc.).

Yes, FFA can't get it right. I just checked the club web-site and I see we've signed Archibald, Walker, Vrankovic, Gerhardt, Retre, Mitchinson and Kewell!

I'd assume those things are the responsibility of the club, the FFA provides the platform and the clubs manage their content, seems the logical way it would work.

• Like 1

Much much better.

Design still looks a bit dated because of the small width and it's still too cluttered, but a vast improvement.

Agree it's much better, but somehow all the club sites have a sterility about them. I guess that we have to expect that with the franchise system and FFA's limitations on individual franchises developing their own character.

Just noticed the sponsors list does not have Nissan included, even though it was meant to be a CFG sponsor of all teams.

There was some discussion about whether or not the Hyundai exclusivity would preclude this from happening for Melb City, and it may well still be the case.

Decent sponsors list though, with Etihad, Hostplus, Westpac and Latrobe University all now our official partners.

Arsene's been in the UK media over the past 24 hours having a moan about CFG and their 'loan' deals.

He must be Arnies best mate :lol:

Loans have been happening for years. Just because a group has worked out a strategy to maximise it's assets (players) with its own clubs, it doesn't now mean its suddenly bad.

Love arsene to death, but I am sick of his whinging and moaning. Spend some fucking money, win the league and shut up

He spent 16mil on chambers 12m on debuchy 35m on Sanchez.. I would clasify that as spending money haha now we will just have to win the league this year

Got a feeling that in the long run club "memberships" will be CFG based meaning that say a Melbourne membership will enable you to book tickets for a game in Manchester or a NYCFC membership allows you to book cheaper flight to Melbourne or whatever..

Got a feeling that in the long run club "memberships" will be CFG based meaning that say a Melbourne membership will enable you to book tickets for a game in Manchester or a NYCFC membership allows you to book cheaper flight to Melbourne or whatever..

That will be wonderful seeing I had to become a Man City member this season just to get tickets to the Man City v Liverpool game.

The website now has player profiles up for most players (with an impressive statistics page, that allows users to compare any A-League players): http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/team/a_league

There seems to be a few inaccuracies, e.g. "Hoffman is a no-frills attacker who can play out to the left" (he's no longer an attacker and it doesn't say he's a defender, and I don't think he's ever played on the left) and "On 9 September 2013, it was announced that Kisnorbo had signed a one-year contract with Melbourne City FC as a replacement for the injured Orlando Engelaar".

Also, the club has replaced the name Melbourne Heart everywhere, so it now reads like this current club signed Melbourne Heart players. "On 8 April 2013, Melbourne City announced Ramsay had signed with the club for the 2013/14 season", my favourite change there being this sentence: "Ben will freshly remember how important it is to acknowledge his Mum’s role in his achievements, and subsequently he has become an eager supporter of Melbourne City’s “She’s All Heart” reward program".

Apart from that, it's all looking pretty good.

I must say the city group really have no idea about the A-LEAGUE and neither do the (coincidently) Storm.

I think they underestimated football in this country and find it a bit offensive the treatment we have had bestowed upon us.

I do not see any difference from years gone by, other than a trip overseas and a lick of paint.

I don't think we are being taken seriously and are a bit of a backwater to these guys.

It might have been better if they had not come, because at least we new we were the underdog, now it feels we're just a shit take to top it all off.

I'm pissed off.

• Like 1

Love arsene to death, but I am sick of his whinging and moaning. Spend some fucking money, win the league and shut up

He spent 16mil on chambers 12m on debuchy 35m on Sanchez.. I would clasify that as spending money haha now we will just have to win the league this year

I think you're in with a shot, between Arsenal, Man City and Chelski for me.

He spent 16mil on chambers 12m on debuchy 35m on Sanchez.. I would clasify that as spending money haha now we will just have to win the league this year I think you're in with a shot, between Arsenal, Man City and Chelski for me. For sure I can't wait for the season to kick off this weekend!

He spent 16mil on chambers 12m on debuchy 35m on Sanchez.. I would clasify that as spending money haha now we will just have to win the league this yearI think you're in with a shot, between Arsenal, Man City and Chelski for me.For sure I can't wait for the season to kick off this weekend!

Good luck!

I only really follow the Bundesliga nowadays and keep tabs on my LUFC :(

The rest just Aussies.

I must say the city group really have no idea about the A-LEAGUE and neither do the (coincidently) Storm.

I think they underestimated football in this country and find it a bit offensive the treatment we have had bestowed upon us.

I do not see any difference from years gone by, other than a trip overseas and a lick of paint.

I don't think we are being taken seriously and are a bit of a backwater to these guys.

It might have been better if they had not come, because at least we new we were the underdog, now it feels we're just a shit take to top it all off.

I'm pissed off.

I think your being a little over reactive was one all at full time, draw anytime of the season and we played like poo we just have to sharpen up come round one, I expect we will.

• Like 1

I'm pissed off.

I think they are probably giving everyone a fair go. A bit of a you had nothing to work with, we will give you what you need now prove yourself.  Suffice to say I think alot of heads will roll at the end of the season. 

• Like 3

I'm pissed off.

I think they are probably giving everyone a fair go. A bit of a you had nothing to work with, we will give you what you need now prove yourself.  Suffice to say I think alot of heads will roll at the end of the season. 

Agreed.

This is exactly why I don't feel pessimistic after last night because unlike under the old regime, there is no way this shit will be accepted.

• Like 2

I'm pissed off.

Agreed.

This is exactly why I don't feel pessimistic after last night because unlike under the old regime, there is no way this shit will be accepted.

The difference between the reign of Sidwell et al and the current owners is that when we were stuck with JA (still bringing back bad memories FFS :hkpalm: ) we had no money to pay him out. Now we do and our new overlords will expect result. JVS under more pressure now than under the previous regime :up:

• Like 1

10th

5th

3rd

1st

2nd

1st

The Manchester City league results since the takeover, no one expects things to change immediately, but everyone at CFG expect things to change.. for the better!

One thing hindering Man City after the initial take over was convincing big players to choose them over significantly higher achievers with arguably much more glory to be had. This is evidenced by the signings in the summer after the take over. With most signings being either below top 4 quality or mercenary style players who had ego issues.

I don't think this is an issue in the a-league due to the low salary cap. With the whole team pretty much being out of contract at the end of last season, there was no reason why we couldn't have assembled a team which could contend for the league and the final.

• Like 1