Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

IMO we over-reacted to Davutovic right from the start. I don't think he knew much after Sidwell departed the scene. And without an inside line journos lose interest very quickly.

We're just going to have to wait. As Rellum says above, the key issue of identity will be decided by FFA and no-one else. Staff and players will be City/Heart decisions, and we can reasonably put pressure on Munn & Co. as soon as they return from their junket.

To me it feels like they haven't baught our club, they've baught our liscence.. And I won't be surprised if It's going to be pretty much a whole new club next season to go along with their new liscence in the MLS

Although you can't spell for peanuts....... You're probably correct

• Like 5

My wife went to the Man City game with her uncle last night. She said that she was at some bar inside the ground with Harry Kewell drinking at some bar near the P{resident's Lounge and she met and spoke to JVS. Noel Gallagher was at the next table. Knowing my wife she didn't ask him anything!

• Like 1

My wife went to the Man City game with her uncle last night. She said that she was at some bar inside the ground with Harry Kewell drinking at some bar near the P{resident's Lounge and she met and spoke to JVS. Noel Gallagher was at the next table. Knowing my wife she didn't ask him anything!

Who cares about Harry or JVS, as if you wouldn't be talking to Noel.

• Like 2

Who cares about Harry or JVS, as if you wouldn't be talking to Noel.

Nah, she's not an Oasis fan

Well at least its nice to be owned by something succesful

There was always the option of being owned by the Oceania team of the century, South Melbourne Hellas :)Yes - And some on this board were very open to such a move. :up: And finally now we will never have to even think about it

I just hope we play them in the FFA cup Me too

My wife did notice the 1956 cup final kit that Man City wore at Wembley, red and white stripes. It would be a great privilege for Heart to honour that kit by wearing it in perpetuity :) 

For the curious:

mcfc-39677.jpg?width=&height=&quality=95

Edited by Baresi

To me it feels like they haven't baught our club, they've baught our liscence.. And I won't be surprised if It's going to be pretty much a whole new club next season to go along with their new liscence in the MLS

Although you can't spell for peanuts....... You're probably correct

Thank you

• Like 2

The boss man was out celebrating with the Abu Dhabi firm yesterday.. and as MCFC arrive to play an exhibition game on Thursday against a club where the crown prince himself is the President I expect him to be a bit busy..

926780_278396829000808_983397234_n.jpg

That´s him in the 1894 T-shirt.. :huh:

• Like 1

The boss man was out celebrating with the Abu Dhabi firm yesterday.. and as MCFC arrive to play an exhibition game on Thursday against a club where the crown prince himself is the President I expect him to be a bit busy..

I see your Mansour party and raise you a Mansour cake:

iTnZA28i1nGGr.jpg

Well Fingman.. If it makes you more comfortable I can mention that he is the chairman of International Petroleum Investment Co, a petrochemical giant with about $70bn in assets, that he bought a brand new half a billion dollar yacht a few years ago.

But basically he´s just a financial whiz kid with a passion for sports..

• Like 1

The boss man was out celebrating with the Abu Dhabi firm yesterday.. and as MCFC arrive to play an exhibition game on Thursday against a club where the crown prince himself is the President I expect him to be a bit busy..926780_278396829000808_983397234_n.jpg

Celebrations with no alcohol. That'd be fucked.

• Like 1

The boss man was out celebrating with the Abu Dhabi firm yesterday.. and as MCFC arrive to play an exhibition game on Thursday against a club where the crown prince himself is the President I expect him to be a bit busy..926780_278396829000808_983397234_n.jpg

Isn't that a bottle of champagne over the Man city logo at the back?

Sure is. But I think you'll find it's part of the photo of the Man City celebrations.

Drinking is over rated. One day in the future it will seem as absurd as the Romans eating and then vomiting so they can eat again.

People have been drinking alcohol for thousands of years...

Long before the Romans you speak of it even existed.

I find your comment rather silly.

I think it has some sort of honey drink in it that fizzes like champagne...they use it in the grand prix...it isn't alcohol