Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

And thanks for the fucking whale on the logo, you've definitely appeased the fans with this symbol that no on associates with Melbourne at all.

Do you feel the same about the YSIDE City of Melbourne flag? Didn't even know that was the City of Melbourne flag until I was told by someone. Same thing with the whale isn't it?

And thanks for the fucking whale on the logo, you've definitely appeased the fans with this symbol that no on associates with Melbourne at all.

Do you feel the same about the YSIDE City of Melbourne flag? Didn't even know that was the City of Melbourne flag until I was told by someone. Same thing with the whale isn't it?

No, because that's the Melbourne flag. If they're just taking one element (that most Melbournians probably wouldn't understand) from it to create some kind of connection to Melbourne, it's stupid.

He is quite obviously referring to the whole Melbourne flag being used in the design of the logo not just the whale....

That's fine then, but for some reason I can't really see the whole flag being used, even though it is somewhat of an obvious thing to do. Actually interested to see what they come up with if it's the whole flag. Actually I'm interested to see what they come up with either way.

Pls leak it sheik.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

The whale talk is ludicrous and obvious BS

And if it isn't, it's final confirmation that the local Heart people are incompetent and have no idea of how to conduct themselves. No-one in their right mind could take, by itself, one of the four symbols of Melbourne's mid-19th century and condone its use for a revamped football club in 2014.

Doesn't make sense.

Edited by jw1739

The whale talk is ludicrous and obvious BS

And if it isn't, it's final confirmation that the local Heart people are incompetent and have no idea of how to conduct themselves. No-one in their right mind could take, by itself, one of the four symbols of Melbourne's mid-19th century and condone its use for a revamped football club in 2014.

Doesn't make sense.

He didn't say that JUST the whale would be used.

He said something including a whale would be used, which obviously means all of the COA/flag elements.

(Not that we should trust this "Sheikh".

Foundation member of heart. Ill say this again once and once only. Melbourne city, sky blue, nike, etihad, whale, red and white in logo. June. Goodbye and goodnight

I can confirm that this statement is true.

Foundation member of heart. Ill say this again once and once only. Melbourne city, sky blue, nike, etihad, whale, red and white in logo. June. Goodbye and goodnight

I can confirm that this statement is true.

Sarcasm or no? Genuinely can't tell.

It's a little annoying how some people are saying that because we've only been around for 4 years that it doesn't matter if the colours change, and then cite how clubs in the past have had their name or colour changed. But do you really think a name/colour change back then met no opposition from fans? Do you really think they would have just agreed with the change? Having a short history doesn't mean that no one is passionate about the colours or that it can just be changed whenever because we haven't reached a set number of years as a club. Probably not the best analogy, but it's like if there was a baby belonging to a single mother who gets remarried, and then the step-father suddenly doesn't like it's hair colour or name and wants to change it, but because the baby is 4 years old it's okay.

Not matter what happens, I'm never buying or wearing a blue Heart top. I'm perfectly fine wearing my red and white merch to the games for as long as I live.

• Like 2

I also like how the city crew say "our colours changed", yeh that was like over 100 years ago?!?!? I ask them this: would you have sat by idly and let that happen if you were around then?

I dare say that there would have been some resistance to it back then.

Edit: sorry really just saying what previous post said. Teach me for not reading it through

Edited by sheepdog

I've been told the squad is currently on an all expenses 5 star holiday in dubai

What have they done to deserve that? The fans deserve that as a form of apology and compensation for 4 years of mediocrity and failure

I'll second that.

I wonder whether that's included in the salary cap...

Yep, it seems like numerous Heart personnel will be in Manchester over the weekend:

Heart coaching team bound for Manchester City

8 May 2014

SBS EXCLUSIVE: Philip Micallef

The transformation of Melbourne Heart to Melbourne City will take another giant step this week when the club's coaching staff will travel to England to watch Manchester City play West Ham United at Etihad Stadium on the final day of the Premier League season.

The English giant has bought a majority shareholding in the struggling Melbourne club in a spectacular coup that is expected to change the landscape of the A-League.

Manchester City, which is the parent club of Heart and newly-formed New York City FC which will play in Major League Soccer next year, needs only a point to clinch its second EPL title in three years.

City has invited representatives of both the A-League and MLS clubs to join the premiership party in the UK on Monday (AEST).

The occasion will be part of City's global get-together with its sister clubs.

The Heart delegation is expected to be led by coach John van't Schip, who is on holidays in the Netherlands.

Van't Schip replaced John Aloisi midway through the ninth A-League season that saw the club crash to the bottom of the league.

Heart will face crosstown rival Melbourne Victory in the first round of the next A-league season.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1188725/Heart-coaching-team-bound-for-Manchester-City

Edited by Murfy1

No, because that's the Melbourne flag. If they're just taking one element (that most Melbournians probably wouldn't understand) from it to create some kind of connection to Melbourne, it's stupid.

He is quite obviously referring to the whole Melbourne flag being used in the design of the logo not just the whale....

That's fine then, but for some reason I can't really see the whole flag being used, even though it is somewhat of an obvious thing to do. Actually interested to see what they come up with if it's the whole flag. Actually I'm interested to see what they come up with either way.

Pls leak it sheik.

Id say they will try and put as much 'Melbourne' in it as they can. Not only in the logo but other things as well, since we will end up with sky blue/white home. So they are probably going to make a real effort in bringing in other 'melbourne' themed things into the club.

If this is the case they should use the old afl clubs logos and current Melbourne Cricket club logos as a sort of template. 

6016050002_4_melbourne-cricket-club-logo    

A logo like that with MCFC would be great imo. Then they migh use the Melbourne flag behind that and there is your red in the logo?  

Edited by Dylan

Even though the above article says JVS is on holidays in the Netherlands, I can't help but wonder if he is doing some scouting as well (IIRC Didulica said he was on 'holidays' in the US, when actually he was scouting and signing Fred, who was then in the MLS). A month ago JVS tweeted: 

am on week @ MCFC. Go there 2 weeks back. #scouting #meet from May in #Netherlands

[Google translated]

https://twitter.com/johnvantschip7/status/453649454722072576

Can easily imagine some Dutch recruitment from JVS.

Edited by Murfy1