Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

I was thinking to myself on the drive to work today, as Storm have a 20% stake in the club, and are not as Rich as the City consortium

For every $10 invested in Heart, $2 would have to come from Storm.

Any restructure and spend would have to take this into account, as i don't think storm are in this to lose money!

There primary business is Rugby - for which they need to stay cashflow positive.

Anyhow, just a thought for all those that think there is an open cheque book now.

Also all this rebranding talk , is all just talk.

No one from the club(s)/consortium has ever said anything about rebranding!

They have said nothing about nothing, the longer it takes , the more imaginative the arguments become about the future,

I was thinking to myself on the drive to work today, as Storm have a 20% stake in the club, and are not as Rich as the City consortium

Any restructure and spend would have to take this into account, as i don't think storm are in this to lose money!

There primary business is Rugby - for which they need to stay cashflow positive.

Anyhow, just a thought for all those that think there is an open cheque book now.

They have said nothing about nothing, the longer it takes , the more imaginative the arguments become about the future,

City can make interest free loans to us, to put money in.

• Like 1

If there´s a holding company they can move money more or less anyway they like really, as for Storm having to fork up 20% it depends on what agreement they have really, for example Storm might provide services in lieu of a cash infusion.

I think most fans here would be very happy if the new owners undertook the same level of supporter engagement that the Wanderers did as they started up during the coming off season. That process gave the wanderers fans a real sense of ownership of the club they where going to follow.

Although I'd say recent events have shown that the honeymoon period at WSW is over. I'm not so sure that Lyall Gorman and the RBB are cosy pals any more.

There are plenty of ways of shareholders injecting cash into a club without requiring every single shareholder to match their commitments, share for share. In all likelihood the Storm's involvement is a mirror image of the Yankees' involvement in NYCFC - and Soriano did say that the split ownership was designed based on the New York agreement. Within NYCFC, the Yankees have virtually no involvement in the running of the club whatsoever. They aren't asking for NYCFC to be Yankees Soccer FC, with the pinstripe shirts and so on, and City aren't offering them that option. Instead, they were invited on board because City decided that the process behind getting the rights to build a stadium inside NYC was so political that they needed an experienced partner to negotiate the minefield for them, as well as doing things like helping set up broadcasting deals and so on. In other words, the relationship between MCFC and the Yankees is essentially that of an owner and his on-site agent. In exchange, the Yankees get a bit of residual PR and they get 20% of the dividends.

I strongly suspect it's similar here - the Storm aren't going to really exert any influence on the Heart whatsoever, they are simply there to throw their weight behind any legal issues that might need overcoming, and so on. The only real difference here is that in NYC, MCFC turned to the Yankees at the last minute - they were going to go it alone before a literal eleventh hour change of heart. In Melbourne, it seems that the Storm started the negotiations and MCFC only got on board at the last moment.

Edited by Falastur

The voting have now started.. We can notice that the New York City colours (blue-white-orange) are featured even if there are both navy blue and sky blue (most like symbolising the parent teams NYY and MCFC)

These are so bad, especially when compared to some of the fan/3rd party submissions during the process... 

nycfc_hyperakt_logo.gif  

Some good news for us potentially, with them choosing to the New York City flag's colours.

What's with the pentagon?

The voting have now started.. We can notice that the New York City colours (blue-white-orange) are featured even if there are both navy blue and sky blue (most like symbolising the parent teams NYY and MCFC)

These are so bad, especially when compared to some of the fan/3rd party submissions during the process... 

nycfc_hyperakt_logo.gif  

Some good news for us potentially, with them choosing to the New York City flag's colours.

Represents the 5 boroughs of nyc

nycfc_hyperakt_logo.gif  

It represents the reality of the US being controlled by the military-industrial complex :D

naturally it is the centre of everything

• Like 3

nycfc_hyperakt_logo.gif

Some good news for us potentially, with them choosing to the New York City flag's colours. What's with the pentagon?

Google images of NYC subway token

nycfc_hyperakt_logo.gif

Some good news for us potentially, with them choosing to the New York City flag's colours. What's with the pentagon?

Google images of NYC subway token

Or look here: http://metrocard.levradin.com/subway-token/

The tokens have now been replaced by Metrocard.

City appoint former Barcelona and Liverpool coach Borrell as Global Technical Director

Simon Jones

13 March 2014

Manchester City have appointed former Barcelona and Liverpool coach Rodolfo Borrell as the club’s new Global Technical Director.

Borrell, 43, left his role as head of academy coaching at Anfield in November as part of a shake-up which also saw academy director Frank McParland depart.

He was appointed at Liverpool by Rafa Benitez in 2009 after being credited with helping to develop young talents such as Lionel Messi and Cesc Fabregas while at Barcelona.

During his four-year spell at Anfield Borrell oversaw the development of Raheem Sterling, Jon Flanagan and Suso, who have all made significant first team contributions.

He will link up with former Barca colleagues Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain at the Etihad Stadium and will help develop City’s coaching ideals throughout their various franchises across the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2579649/Manchester-City-appoint-former-Barcelona-Liverpool-coach-Rodolfo-Borrell-Global-Technical-Director.html

• Like 2

I think most fans here would be very happy if the new owners undertook the same level of supporter engagement that the Wanderers did as they started up during the coming off season. That process gave the wanderers fans a real sense of ownership of the club they where going to follow.

Although I'd say recent events have shown that the honeymoon period at WSW is over. I'm not so sure that Lyall Gorman and the RBB are cosy pals any more.

I am pretty sure that supporters other than the RBB were part of that consultation and the people at the other three sides of their stadium seem pretty happy that the club represents them. Yarraside already has an established culture so I don't think the club having a wanderers style consultation will change that.

City appoint former Barcelona and Liverpool coach Borrell as Global Technical Director

Simon Jones

13 March 2014

Manchester City have appointed former Barcelona and Liverpool coach Rodolfo Borrell as the club’s new Global Technical Director.

Borrell, 43, left his role as head of academy coaching at Anfield in November as part of a shake-up which also saw academy director Frank McParland depart.

He was appointed at Liverpool by Rafa Benitez in 2009 after being credited with helping to develop young talents such as Lionel Messi and Cesc Fabregas while at Barcelona.

During his four-year spell at Anfield Borrell oversaw the development of Raheem Sterling, Jon Flanagan and Suso, who have all made significant first team contributions.

He will link up with former Barca colleagues Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain at the Etihad Stadium and will help develop City’s coaching ideals throughout their various franchises across the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2579649/Manchester-City-appoint-former-Barcelona-Liverpool-coach-Rodolfo-Borrell-Global-Technical-Director.html

The first significant announcement since the takeover? Likely to have an impact at what happens at Heart shortly. I note that NYCFC don't have a (local) Technical Director - I wonder whether that means we won't have one here either?

He will know Gerard Nus as they were both at Liverpool together.

Pretty impressed and pleased with the appointment of Borrell. The good Europe-based Australian football journalist Daniel Garb said "Messi's first coach and former Liverpool academy chief to be key man in Melbourne Heart's link with Manchester City".

He'd be a pretty impressive key link between Heart and City. There's no other way to describe his pedigree: it's world class. He clear did very impressive things in Spain, and here's a profile of him at Liverpool: http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Rodolfo_Borrell. It's surprising really that Liverpool let him go.

It remains to be seen exactly how much of an influence Borrell will have over Heart, but it seems clear that he was have a fairly significant influence over Heart and the club's football. Although, until we know how Heart's football department will be structured for next season, it's unclear how much of an influence people at Manchester like Borrell will have on Heart, and how important Melbourne Heart staff will be in running of the club's football (NYCFC might be comparable with Heart in this respect. MCFC set up NYCFC with a Director of Football Operations and a 'Head of Player Recruitment', alongside the coaches. So seemingly NYCFC staff have a lot of sway, and NYCFC football staff won't simply follow directives from Manchester).

Edited by Murfy1

In a weird kind of way, I'm actually looking forward to the off-season so I can see what changes take place with our club.

I don't think it's weird at all. This season has basically been horrible, just as was last season. The off-season brings us new hope.

One thing's for sure though - you're going to read about whatever happens first here on MHFC Supporters. With our contributors from the east and west coasts of Australia, from country Victoria, from Manchester and north-west England, soon no doubt from New York, and from Heart fans everywhere wherever they happen to be, this site is a 24-hours news service on Melbourne Heart.

Long may it continue.

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to it too, but I think this season still has a bit left in it. The last couple of months have been great and I'd love to see us at least make the finals before the takeover comes into effect. I want us to continue our good form and achieve something while still in our current guise. I don't want it to be like we're a useless club until the money rolls in and makes us good, because I don't think we've been useless overall. I want us to show how good we can be with the resources and people we've got. Not knowing what's going to happen, what we're going to look like or be called etc next year, I want to enjoy the final games and moments of this club as it is. Come on HEART!!!

• Like 3

With the appointment of JVS, I think we can expect other announcements in the near future.

The timing of those announcements will obviously depend on whether the Heart make the finals.

Whatever happens, the future will be very exciting for all you Heart fans.

I haven't really been over to your forum in a while. Are City fans still keeping up with the heart news? And to what extent?

To be honest Tbitm they are not.

However, I think that will change when more announcements are made about the future.

For instance they chat more about NYC because Jason Kries is in Manchester at he moment and there is talk about them taking 4 of our youth players on loan in their first season.

Basically, more news is coming out of New York at the moment than Melbourne.

Edited by silva10

I agree with Silva10..

The City fans that really keep themselves updated on Heart and the New York project are few really, most fans are really just concerned with their own club.
We that have become members here are at a guess people that are curious about what CFG have in mind, and how it will affect MCFC in the long run.
That said I must say that I like what I have seen of Heart so far ;)

Yeah. I think a good number of City fans on Bluemoon are interested in the Heart, but are interested in how the two teams will interact, and whether we'll see any players transferring between the two clubs. I think in general many fans would be very excited to see a player who has come through the Heart academy then go on to play for City's first team in the same way that we naturally favour players who have come through City's own academy, and for a few years now, some people have been advocating the idea of a global network of academies. A decent number of others formed a soft-spot for the Heart, but aren't really actively following their results and so on. As the two guys above have said, only a handful of us are actively following the club's news on a day-to-day level, although it's worth observing that in general, even regarding City itself, a lot of people on the forums wait for other, more attentive, posters to alert them to news before they actually start to read up on it. Since the Heart thread has gone a little quiet, most aren't really up-to-date on what's going on on your side of the world. Your games are all on BT Sports, but since they largely fall at very early morning slots, they are largely impractical for the vast majority of fans to watch.

I think once things start happening in pre-season then Bluemoon will pay more attention - some people have asked for Heart and NYCFC to be given their own sub-forum dedicated to their own news but there's not enough of it yet to make it feasible - but until then, I don't think many are very aware of what's going on.

I have to say one thing I like about JVS and now Williams re-signing is that it shows that City are not just going to make changes for the sake of stamping their authority or that kind of thing. It will be nice to have JVS here next season as well as some of the current players to help give a sense of continuity- especially the name or (heaven forbid) the kit changes. Also it shows that City are not going to go crazy splashing the cash on some highly expensive coach and if we do well next year it will feel like part of the old Heart was part of it. 

• Like 2

Whilst I would prefer if people who came along to support Heart were dressed in red why should it bother us if they (including the other team in Melbourne) want to come along and support us on the day, with or without their jerseys.

He said in yarraside not at the game. Big difference

Whilst I would prefer if people who came along to support Heart were dressed in red why should it bother us if they (including the other team in Melbourne) want to come along and support us on the day, with or without their jerseys.

He said in yarraside not at the game. Big difference

Happy for them to occupy every other part of the stadium.

Just not Bay 16-18.

He said in yarraside not at the game. Big difference Oops. Now I agree with you.