Melbourne Football

Christmas derby 21st December 7:45ko

RedAndWhiteSoldier

Did anyone else get a "random" pat down on their way in?

Yes, I got that treatment on the way into the stadium.

When I asked what it was all about, a police officer told me that it was because of the flares that were ripped outside the stadium.

I'm over the way we are treated by ACG and VICPOL.

When I asked what it was all about, a police officer told me that it was because of the flares that were ripped outside the stadium.

I'm over the way we are treated by ACG and VICPOL.

I'd rather they didn't say it was random and admit that it was because I had a Yarraside scarf and was under the age of 20

I took my boys down to the active area after the game and clapped the players. As I have voiced on here and to the club, I have had enough with what has been dished up this season and the lack of respect towards our supporters over the past two seasons.

When the "Aloisi out" chant started I removed my boys from being associated with it. Wrong time, wrong environment as our players had just ran their guts out again and deserved our support regardless of the outcome, although I share others frustration.

Yes, the result was poor as has been the case all season. If there was to be an organised protest I would be in favour of it. Change is needed and now.

Sorry Pete, I respect your decision but clapping because our players ran their guts out is not good enough. If we clapped each player from the way they ran their guts out then Mass Murdocca should get a standing ovation after every game. But it isn't good enough. We have to be more clinical in possession and going forward and the players aren't doing that. And a team that hasn't won in 16 games and not won in 301 days does not deserve to be clapped, even if they ran twice as much as the Victory players. 

What I am trying to say is that if you want change and you want it now showing support in this manner will not achieve it. Expressing your concerns is the only way to do it. 

Edited by RoyalHeart
  • Like 2

My brother went to the game and was subject to a random pat down. I don't think it's that big of a deal really on such occasions, but who they target is sometimes questionable. 

I was frisked back in 2007 at the Preston v Zebras VPL Grand Final even though I was only 13 years old. My grandfather was too. I guess they think people may use children or the elderly as ways to bring in flares. Still doesn't seem right though.

I took my boys down to the active area after the game and clapped the players. As I have voiced on here and to the club, I have had enough with what has been dished up this season and the lack of respect towards our supporters over the past two seasons.

When the "Aloisi out" chant started I removed my boys from being associated with it. Wrong time, wrong environment as our players had just ran their guts out again and deserved our support regardless of the outcome, although I share others frustration.

Yes, the result was poor as has been the case all season. If there was to be an organised protest I would be in favour of it. Change is needed and now.

Sorry Pete, I respect your decision but clapping because our players ran their guts out is not good enough. If we clapped each player from the way they ran their guts out then Mass Murdocca should get a standing ovation after every game. But it isn't good enough. We have to be more clinical in possession and going forward and the players aren't doing that. And a team that hasn't won in 16 games and not won in 301 days does not deserve to be clapped, even if they ran twice as much as the Victory players. 

What I am trying to say is that if you want change and you want it now showing support in this manner will not achieve it. Expressing your concerns is the only way to do it. 

Fair enough, but Peter has expressed his concerns, in writing, to the club. So have others, including Bela and me.

I urge everyone to write to club about how they feel. Especially season-ticket holders and Foundation Members. Be polite but firm. Venting spleen on here makes us feel better, but doesn't get the message home.

The message may of course not be listened to at the club. But if we do say how we feel and MHFC chooses to ignore, then MHFC can't complain if we vote with our feet.

I

I'm over the way we are treated by ACG and VICPOL. Its just plain wrong.

After the match I asked an officer for some assistance he told me to bugger off and when I asked for his details (so I could do a follow on their obligations today) he refused.

Thanks to AJ and the Rambler for helping me out of the stadium last night as ACG and vicpol were useless.

Completely and utterly useless never asking for their help again. Will be writing to the police, acg and the club over treatment before and after the game.

Hope JA gets the sack by tuesday

FWIW my take on the match on the morning after...

Cynically pleased that the attendance was lower than previously. Good kick in the teeth for whoever came up with the ludicrous idea of making GA members pay to reserve seats.

Thought we went fairly well in the first 20. Kewell showed his class with one delightful pass inside the full-back for Williams to run on to. The Kisnorbo tackle was stupid, and even more so was Aloisi's substitution of Gerhardt for Mifsud. MM had had a couple of nice runs forward and IMO should have stayed on. Dugandzic should have come off - he did nothing all day and couldn't win a tackle in an Under-10's match.

While we kept coming forward we still looked as though we could make a fight of it but then came that moment of madness with the unnecessary pass back to Redmayne and we're a goal down. Redders has followed the rest of the players downwards IMO - yes a couple of fingertip saves but he's way below what he was when he took over from Bolton last season. Almost every time we passed the ball backwards we started to run into trouble.

Even when 3-0 down we could have come back - a good team would have done, but there was seemingly no extra effort from anyone. In the last few minutes Kalmar, Williams and Dugandzic all spurned opportunities. Williams didn't even pull the trigger - instead passed to Murdocca who hasn't scored for about 20 years. Dugandzic could have tried a volley but didn't pull the trigger either. What really pissed me off was to see Williams, Golgol and Dugandzic all in a line across the field waiting for the lofted through ball and not one of them going into the vast open space in midfield behind them.

Overall I expected the result. The table doesn't lie, but in reality MV are not that good a team. At 3-0 they blew several chances and it could easily have been 6-0 or 7-0.

As for Heart? On the field IMO half the players are just going though the motions. Several are aerobically not fit enough to be A-League players and shouldn't be there. No-one is playing anywhere near their potential - I'd find it hard to give anyone more than 4/10.

The fans are demoralised, no doubt about that. Plenty of red and white in the stands but you can't "believe" for ever.

The problem has become not just of losing but of BELEIVing that we're going to lose because what ever the coach has tried in the past hasn't worked and why should it work now. What I see are players scared to have a crack because they are so down on confidence. I'll just get back to the volley that was presented to Mate who chose to bring it down rather than have a crack. A proper attacking player would have salivated at the chance of hitting it first time and hopefully seeing his name plastered over the back page of the newspaper the following day. Harry for Liverpool put in a volley and I can imagine Suarez just itching for a chance to do it. The whole atmosphere around the football team is depressed and needs a reset.

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/classic-goals-liverpools-harry-kewell-vs-tottenham/

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

Why aren't KGB and the front of YSIDE angered by this:

North terrace jackin' your style lads!

2d78tts.jpg

Or is he a heart supporter flying under the radar?

After all, the closer you are to danger the further you are from harm...

:droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:

edit:  :droy:

Edited by strider

2d78tts.jpg

:droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:

What the actual fuck are you on about you ginormous flog?

• Like 1

2d78tts.jpg

not sure if serious

2d78tts.jpg

:droy::droy::droy::droy::droy::droy::droy::droy::droy::droy::droy::droy:

edit: :droy:

Isn't there a bridge for you to be standing on the edge of, or something? Edited by CALZALOL

After travelling 100KMS up and 100KMS back home every game it starts to get a bit frustrating and annoying to watch us deliver the same garbage, I love the club and always have and will, but how long until change? if we lose trying to make changes i am happy, but to lose and be getting nowhere and see no change for the better...well it gets very annoying

• Like 3

First time I've had the chance to comment since the game but honestly, everything about it was fucking dreadful. 

- long trip

- felt like shit pre-game

- ACG doing pat-downs at the gates

- stupid stadium official telling me I needed to sit in my reserved seat in the active area

- our stadium announcer dressed like it was Mardi Gras

- hardly anyone getting involved in the chants, at times it was good but not nearly enough

- Kisnorbo's ridiculous tackle

- Ben Williams fucking up every single other decision with the red card pretty much the only correct decision all night

- silly Victory fans sparking the brawl at our end

- everyone continuing to watch/get involved in the fight instead of watching the game

- conceding 3 goals

- losing to the tards

- losing another home game

- our supporters clapping at the end of the game
- putting up with Victory mongs on the train trip home, although there was one really nice Victory fan who I was chatting to

- waking up to find that Aloisi still has a job

Paddy Gerhardt should be commended though for coming over after the game and also to the bloke talking to him after the game, well said lad.

Seriously though, we are an absolute train-wreck of a football club right now and whilst I'll be there Friday night for the game against Welly, I have very little confidence that we can get a result and even if we do, the season is so far gone now it barely even matters.

• Like 3

I was actually proud of the boys on Saturday night, sure we lost again but they put in 100% and with the full team on the park were dominating. It's hard work supporting a team when they are losing week in week out but thats when it counts the most, get behind the team, don't boo them FFS.

Also can we need to change the song So Happy Together singing about the BLUE sky against Victory is just plain wrong!

• Like 1

Not unsuprisingly Tard supporters massively ridiculed So Happy Together ... I spoke to a few on Sunday (who by the way felt sorry for us and stated without any prompting that JA shuold be shown the door) and they said it was like a massive joke and that the song is not a football song (and that its about a girl) and its just crap ... just passing on an outside observation.  FWIW i sang SHT as loud as I could on Saturday ... I also got hit in the head by an unidentified missle thrown from the upper levels ... thank god for the Santa hat

2d78tts.jpg

Lol. Walked by that kid after the game, had tears streaminng down his face legit bawling his eyes out, because apparently someone had knicked his hat afterwards.

Funniest thing i saw all saturday tbh :lawl:

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

Lol. Walked by that kid after the game, had tears streaminng down his face legit bawling his eyes out, because apparently someone had knicked his hat afterwards.

Funniest thing i saw all saturday tbh :lawl:

Saw him try n knock off DutchPride's trumpet. Must've copped it from Dutchie shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

Funniest thing i saw all saturday tbh :lawl: Saw him try n knock off DutchPride's trumpet. Must've copped it from Dutchie shortly thereafter. Hahaha ffs

Was a great night 

Goshes paddock was a bit slippery for the kids pregame kick around 

Watched the victory tribe arrive From the west and chant on the steps, all flares ablaze

Watched yarraside arrive from east 20 minutes later 

Watch the "heartbreaker" get beat up in front of me (predicted this 20 minutes earlier), followed by his 2 mates (The second 2  didn't deserve it - apart from wearing provactive shirts)

Watched some good football for the first 30 minutes, with sporadic chances for the rest of the game...

Probably our best effort to date :huh:

Drank some beer - met Ando and Sheepdog again 

Had a debate about something with some victory guys on the train on the way home which you can always win now cause you dont care anymore

Pretty entertaining night 

Till Next week...

Also can we need to change the song So Happy Together singing about the BLUE sky against Victory is just plain wrong!

oh lord almighty not this again.

Let's just drop it altogether for the moment. Also that pathetic business of expecting people to shout out players' surnames. Neither are working while our results are so abysmal. At least 50% of the Heart supporters there don't even know what's going on anyway.

Hey, long time reader first time poster on the forum. I love sitting at work and reading supporter's thoughts and opinions on everything heart. I wanna see the club I love succeed.

Over the years I have been a part time supporter but this year i manned up and got myself to every home game so far and sit on the outer of the active area. However now i'm at the point now where im questioning why im giving up my weekends and hard earnt to watch my team dish up disapointment after disapointment.

Thought we played alright until the red card on the weekend, and it was back to the same old 2nd rate efforts by the same players. Some were gallant but most were sub par.

I think the yarraside do a great job with their singing and banners ect. I sing along with every chant but towards the end of the game they sang "we're coming dead last and we're having a blast". Well I'm not having a blast, I'm fucking devastated at our performances and I don't remember what it feels like to win. Also, clapping the players after the game? Got to be kidding me!! They should have come right up to the fence and absolutely copped it from the supporters, maybe then they would have gotten the kick up the arse they need to sort it out the rest of this season.

JA - I honestly don't know if the club can afford to pay him out, and if there are any suitable replacements, but he's been poor and getting worse, Bozza was right to roast him.

• Like 2

After travelling 7400km this season and watching almost 6 hours of Heart live I finally saw them score. The need for a true football brain at the top is more evident then ever. Pre and post game enjoyable as always. Everyone that pitched in producing Saturday's tifo, fantastic job boys.

Score, bounce off Kalmar's face hahahahahaha you poor man !!

After travelling 7400km this season and watching almost 6 hours of Heart live I finally saw them score. The need for a true football brain at the top is more evident then ever. Pre and post game enjoyable as always. Everyone that pitched in producing Saturday's tifo, fantastic job boys.

I think that you should send the contents of that post to Scott Munn and ask him to plass it on to the Board, ask them what they are doing?

• Like 2

Hey, long time reader first time poster on the forum. I love sitting at work and reading supporter's thoughts and opinions on everything heart. I wanna see the club I love succeed.

Over the years I have been a part time supporter but this year i manned up and got myself to every home game so far and sit on the outer of the active area. However now i'm at the point now where im questioning why im giving up my weekends and hard earnt to watch my team dish up disapointment after disapointment.

Thought we played alright until the red card on the weekend, and it was back to the same old 2nd rate efforts by the same players. Some were gallant but most were sub par.

I think the yarraside do a great job with their singing and banners ect. I sing along with every chant but towards the end of the game they sang "we're coming dead last and we're having a blast". Well I'm not having a blast, I'm fucking devastated at our performances and I don't remember what it feels like to win. Also, clapping the players after the game? Got to be kidding me!! They should have come right up to the fence and absolutely copped it from the supporters, maybe then they would have gotten the kick up the arse they need to sort it out the rest of this season.

JA - I honestly don't know if the club can afford to pay him out, and if there are any suitable replacements, but he's been poor and getting worse, Bozza was right to roast him.

Welcome aboard.