Melbourne Football

Stefan Mauk

Deluka

39 minutes ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

i would have said it was harder to miss.

i only saw it the once but didn't he have to swivel and hit the ball when it was off the ground?  From experience moves like that look simple, but are easy to stuff up. Yeah a pro should bury it, no question (and Tuna would have put it away 50 times out of 50) , but it wasn't a tap in.  

showed why he was let go, played a standard cross, that arsed it way for a goal, missed a sitter, had a shot from a nigh on impossible angle , when he should have cut it back to try and find someone

other that those points, he was pretty much invisible.

the kid is an ok player, but not the young god that people made him out to be

2 hours ago, japiedog said:

showed why he was let go, played a standard cross, that arsed it way for a goal, missed a sitter, had a shot from a nigh on impossible angle , when he should have cut it back to try and find someone

other that those points, he was pretty much invisible.

the kid is an ok player, but not the young god that people made him out to be

On this forum, as well as on the 442 forum, there seems to be a point that the player at 18-23 range don't have the skill sets and are ineffectual. At what age should a player be told that they are average? That their improvement would be minimal over the course of their career? And no this isn't a smart arse question because I really don't know much about player development.

You're not the only one who doesn't know much about player development! 

The professionals get it wrong all the time and as for people on forums, well they'd be the last mob a player should listen to.

The reason it's so hard is players develop at different paces and whilst some overcome weaknesses which may appear insurmountable others can't overcome seemingly minor problems.

Lets take Jamie Vardy, as a young fella no one wanted him and this he was playing non-league football. Now he's in the England team. Closer to home Big Og was in his mid 20s working on building sites then he went on to be Asian player of the year.

In the case of Mauk, I think @japiedog knows more about football than most on here, but I'm not convinced he's right about Mauk. Time will tell, but if I wAs his coach I wouldn't be telling him to quit, but I would be saying he needs to be fitter.

Post match he said that "shot" was a shit cross due to fatigue and that may also be why he made a meal of that red hot chance later. 

I would say if he stays in the A League next year will be defining for him.

Edited by Shahanga
Grammar & auto uncorrect

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

The professionals get it wrong all the time and as for people on forums, well they'd be the lady mob a player should listen to.

The reason it's so hard is players develop at different paces and whilst some overcome weaknesses which may appear insurmountable others can't overcome seemingly minor problems.

Lets take Jamie Vardy, as a young fella no one wanted him and this he was playing non-league football. Now he's in the England team. Closer to home Big Og was in his mid 20s working on building sites then he went on to be Asian player of the year.

In the case of Mauk, I think @japiedog knows more about football than most on here, but I'm not convinced he's right about Mauk. Time will tell, but if I wAs his coach I wouldn't be telling him to quit, but I would be saying he needs to be fitter.

Post match he said that "shot" was a shit cross due to fatigue and that may also be why he made a meal of that red hot chance later. 

Thanks

He doesn't do anything amazingly well, think of the young players who have moved to Europe recently they all do something better than most others

Gersbach swings crosses in and gets up and down pitch very very well 

Even someone like mabil, he wasn't finished product but he had extreme pace

Until Stefan can work on something that makes him different to every other 19 ye old around the world I think he will battle to make a great impact over there 

I'd say it's pretty obvious, but I'd be weary of reading too much into one game. Especially when it's a debut game at a new club for a 20 year old (Mauk is still pretty young; he joined us when he was 16).

I'm keen to see how he goes over the rest of the season for Adelaide though, as he was just starting to settle into senior football with us, netting 4 goals in 12 games (9 starts).

Edited by Murfy1

11 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

Bloke keeps dissing us in interviews at adelaide 

Lol to sum up:

- Said he's happy to be played in his preferred position of midfield.

- Said the crowd "looked" full (attendance was 12k) in his debut for Adelaide and mentioned how it was good as at Melbourne City, the crowds weren't always high.

What I found odd was when they asked what his best footballing experience was, he didn't even say his goal in the derby... 

"Mauk" has four letters.

So does "fork".

Mauk rhymes with Fork.

The word 'Triangle' has EIGHT letters.

The word 'Eight' has FIVE letters.

A triangle has three corners. 

The word TRIANGLE (8 letters) minus the word EIGHT (5 letters) equals THREE letters.

Adelaide had three shots on goal last night.

Do you see the resemblance?

Adelaide had three shots on goal, a triangle has three corners.

If Mauk rhymes with fork, this can only mean Mauk = illuminati. 

I'm sorry i have wasted your time.

Carry on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HeartMillsy29 said:

Issues with the video:

- The Brad Haddin cross Michael Clarke lookalike is not funny whatsoever

- The intro music is as default as you can get

- Adelaide 

- Kappa

- Their crowd average is a mere 500 more people than ours so fuck off Stefan

I could've shitted out a better video than this. Like, what were they filming it with? A potato? hurhurhurhurhur

Also, their polo's, they might as well be holding a board with all their sponsors on it.

On 6/2/2016 at 6:19 PM, Shahanga said:

The professionals get it wrong all the time and as for people on forums, well they'd be the last mob a player should listen to.

@japiedog

thanks Shahanga, not too sure about me knowing a lot about football,  I hope to be proven wrong by players like Mauk, as I mentioned , he's an ok player, it's just that some has exulted him to the level of demi god

• Like 1