Melbourne Football

Where were you...

Cinnamon

when we won our last away game?

It's been so long it's fast becoming a thing of folk lore and legend. Share your tale, where were you, what were you doing when we last won a game away from home?

I was in the rsl in cowes watching a highly impressive counter attacking display on the tv I had them change over to the game from golf or some crap. I remember thinking "jeez we can really give it a shake with away performances like this". Ho hum

I was camping on the Murray, had only ever attended one Heart match (NQF win where Kalmar scored with a header), and otherwise my support of heart to that point was playing as them in FM.

I went to the next game (mid week against Adelaide), and have barely missed a Melbourne game since.

This means we have been putrid away from home for as long as I have been actually supporting the club. Maybe it's just me, sorry guys:( I have never actually seen us win an away match in my life as a result.

• Like 1

I remember checking the results online and thinking we were on our way to a possible premiership/championship.

Then JVS said we would win the league and we didn't win a game to that "We are Melbourne" home fixture against the Gold Coast who had a 17 year old as captain, if my memory is correct.

Still probably the best terrace performance ever that day, herald suns were still given out, the tarp was ripped, shoes were off, we need more of that.