Melbourne Football

Andrea Migliorini

kingofhearts

I got a bagging after point out some flaws in AM's game last week( even though he scored two goals)

Seems like normal service has resumed.

Before I get jumped on I want to point out that I don't dislike like AM, just that he has parts of his game that are always up to A league standards

I got a bagging after point out some flaws in AM's game last week( even though he scored two goals)

Before I get jumped on I want to point out that I don't dislike like AM, just that he has parts of his game that are always up to A league standards

I think you mean "aren't"? But then there are plenty of other players in the same category.

Last season we were saying our players were not up to A-League level. Now after yet another big clear out the same complaints are being made,

Is the problem our recruiting or is it just our system is useless and makes every player look like a spud?

Sift through all the bullshit about the club not doing this and that, and there's two glaring areas we fall short in. The manager and the recruitment of players.

Last season we were saying our players were not up to A-League level. Now after yet another big clear out the same complaints are being made,

Is the problem our recruiting or is it just our system is useless and makes every player look like a spud?

Sift through all the bullshit about the club not doing this and that, and there's two glaring areas we fall short in. The manager and the recruitment of players.

Hardly, any competent manager worth his place could make our current squad a contender.
  • Like 1

I think you mean "aren't"? But then there are plenty of other players in the same category.

yep you are right ! missed two very important letters

Italian midfielder Andrea Migliorini wins contract extension at Heart

December 13, 2013

Michael Lynch

Italian midfielder Andrea Migliorini has been rewarded for his consistency and his crucial goals with a contract extension at Melbourne Heart.

The 25-year-old was signed at the start of the season as cover for marquee player Orlando Engelaar after the Dutchman broke his leg in a pre-season game.

Migliorini's most telling intervention was his dramatic two goals in the Heart's stunning comeback against Adelaide United a fortnight ago, when it came from 2-0 down to take a 3-2 lead before drawing 3-3.

The Italian, who is managed by the former Socceroo midfielder Vince Grella, will now be contracted to Heart until the end of January.

Engelaar, meanwhile, is making a better-than-expected return from injury and has begun training, at least on an occasional basis, with his teammates. Heart hopes he will return to action in late January or early February.

Midfielder Jonatan Germano has had another setback and will miss six more weeks. The utility has had a recurrence of a soft tissue injury.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/italian-midfielder-andrea-migliorini-wins-contract-extension-at-heart-20131212-2za9u.html

Sounds like since there's more of an idea when Engelaar will return (than when AM was first signed), Migliorini will be signed until the former returns. Whether he gets released or he isn't re-signed, this will be Germano's last season...so injury prone and currently, as is often the case, wasting an international spot. Reminds me of the start of last season when I think he missed the first six or so matches.

Italian midfielder Andrea Migliorini wins contract extension at Heart

December 13, 2013

Michael Lynch

Italian midfielder Andrea Migliorini has been rewarded for his consistency and his crucial goals with a contract extension at Melbourne Heart.

The 25-year-old was signed at the start of the season as cover for marquee player Orlando Engelaar after the Dutchman broke his leg in a pre-season game.

Migliorini's most telling intervention was his dramatic two goals in the Heart's stunning comeback against Adelaide United a fortnight ago, when it came from 2-0 down to take a 3-2 lead before drawing 3-3.

The Italian, who is managed by the former Socceroo midfielder Vince Grella, will now be contracted to Heart until the end of January.

Engelaar, meanwhile, is making a better-than-expected return from injury and has begun training, at least on an occasional basis, with his teammates. Heart hopes he will return to action in late January or early February.

Midfielder Jonatan Germano has had another setback and will miss six more weeks. The utility has had a recurrence of a soft tissue injury.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/italian-midfielder-andrea-migliorini-wins-contract-extension-at-heart-20131212-2za9u.html

Love the way Germano plays but f*** me injured AGAIN? Time to let him go!

After struggling in Europe's lower leagues, Heart's Andrea Migliorini is loving life in Australia

Matt Windley   Herald Sun   December 14, 2013

ANDREA Migliorini didn't get the contract he wanted from Sydney FC, but he did get Alessandro Del Piero's phone number.

While in Italy with the Sky Blues in the northern summer the midfielder also caught the eye of Vince Grella who, when things fell through with Sydney, referred him on to Melbourne Heart, thus kickstarting a career that had stalled.

Migliorini has played football since he was five years old growing up in the Northern Italian town of Mestre.

He is a massive Juventus supporter and an even bigger admirer of one of the club's all-time best players, Del Piero.

So when given the chance to play alongside his idol earlier this year he was understandably thrilled.

"Meeting him and talking with him was crazy, no?," Migliorini says in broken but ever-improving English.

"But he's a really, really, really good person. He's a champion, a soccer champion, and also a good person.

"Now I text with him, because we play 15 days together. I am Italian, he is Italian, we spoke a lot in the days, no?

"We are not friends, but we have the phone number and sometimes I text you, he congrats with me after my two goals.

"He's an amazing person."

Migliorini could have been playing for Sydney against Heart at Allianz Stadium today.

When Frank Farina's men embarked on what was the first European tour by an A-League club in August they landed almost literally on Migliorini's doorstep.

Without a club after a frustrating season for Slovenian outfit Koper, Migliorini was using the ground in Lesolo, some 50m away from his house, to train while he waited for a lower division Italian club to come calling.

That was until Sydney took over the facilities.

"I couldn't have training no more, so I was angry," he says.

"I said 'where can I have training now?'.

"After two days my manager called me and said 'do you want to play with Sydney?' and the first time I said 'no' because I was out of fitness because I was stopped for three months, maybe I get injury. But after a while I say 'yes, I play'.

"After the match, I played good, the assistant said 'really good' and they asked me if I want to stay with them for the end of the tour and I play five matches with the first team.

"I had chance to go with them, but they are full with their visa players.

"I stay at home, but Vincenzo Grella call me and say 'do you want to go to Melbourne for three months?' and I say 'yes'."

Migliorini was signed as an injury replacement for Heart marquee Orlando Engelaar, who broke his leg 30 minutes in to his first pre-season hit-out for the club.

Last week he signed an extension that ties him to the club until January 31, but with Engelaar on the comeback trail the Italian's future is unclear because Heart already has the maximum number of visa players on full-time contracts allowed for A-League teams.

Of his contract extension Migliorini says: "I am happy, but not too much because it can change a little bit. Now we are in six visa players so it's difficult, no?

"I hope to have a contract until the end of this season or the next season, but it better than nothing.

"I like Australia, it's far from Italy, but I feel good here.

"I want to stay here in Melbourne Heart first but, if not, another team in Australia for me would be better (than going elsewhere)."

Migliorini has the lowest profile of the A-League's Italian connection.

Del Piero clearly takes the cake, while Iacopo La Rocca has been very good for Western Sydney.

But Migliorini's contribution to the league this season has been no less significant than his countrymen - just ask Heart coach John Aloisi.

At 2-0 down against Adelaide at AAMI Park on December 1 Heart was staring a sixth-straight loss in the face and Aloisi's future was uncertain at best.

That was until Migliorini changed the course of the game with two cracking strikes, the first from about 30m which Aloisi described as "one of the best I have seen for a long time".

After scoring that goal Migliorini ran straight to the bench to embrace Aloisi.

The 25-year-old's spoken English still isn't strong - he says in his first week in Australia he answered every question simply with the word "good" - and he most certainly can't read things written in the papers.

But Migliorini knew the pressure his coach was under and says his public show of support was very much deliberate.

"I know the situation," he says.

"Now is a little bit better, but before wasn't good, no? It's normal when there are these situations the coach is the first blame.

"With this, I want to demonstrate to a lot of people that we are a group and we are with the coach because for us he is a good person, a good coach, so we want to go all together.

"And personally because he trusts a lot of me because I am playing all the games. Always he has good words for me when he speaks to me."

The moment wasn't lost on the coach.

"I know it's been tough for him, he's over here by himself with no family or friends and he's really adapted well," Aloisi says.

"It's always nice to be able to experience a moment like that with another player and it was nice of him to come and hug me, but hopefully he hugs me again this weekend after he scores."

If he does score again, it's probably less likely he will receive a congratulatory text from Del Piero this time around given it will come at the expense of the superstar's team.

But Migliorini says Del Piero hasn't fallen out of touch this week ahead of their impending clash.

"He said me in the last text 'we will see on Sunday'."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/after-struggling-in-europes-lower-leagues-hearts-andrea-migliorini-is-loving-life-in-australia/story-fni2wcjl-1226783196829

Edited by Murfy1

• 1 month later...

gone?

Germano almost back to take the International spot,

And regardless it seems pretty obvious that JVS prefers the Dutchman and his favourite from way back in Kalmar - Who has been playing more consistent football of late.

...but changes direction with the speed of a container ship.

• Like 1

gone?

Germano almost back to take the International spot,

And regardless it seems pretty obvious that JVS prefers the Dutchman and his favourite from way back in Kalmar - Who has been playing more consistent football of late.

...but changes direction with the speed of a container ship.

Believe me I know,

But the side has been better since he has been starting over Andrea.