Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

" post="144765" timestamp="1387103813"]

Obviously this bloke can't do shit to make anyone on this forum happy. How about we talk about Williams missing an absolute sitter (one that Mifsud set up) or the one Golgol missed chance on the left post. I won't mention Kewell's missed penalty or the fact that Ramsey has been as useless as an 90 yr old Thai prostitute with arthritis in her jaw.

Clearly you guys just wanna hang shit on someone through the shit storm were in and Mifsud is that bloke.

I thought he was clearly our best today and so did the commentary team today.

That's my rant done for today.

I do not care if he runs 500 miles in a game mate and puts 'great pressure' on the opposition. He is a striker and needs to score. Simple. Oh didn't he score today??

Sorry I must of mistaken him for the other Mifsud playing today.

My bad In how many games?

And how many other chances did he have today? A good striker could've at least scored 3+ today.

I'm not even mentioning all the chances he butchered against Adelaide.

Look i like the way he puts pressure on the ball but at the end of the day he was signed as a finisher and quite clearly this season he has failed to deliver. So many misses its silly ohhh so you like his pressure on the ball now...that's good to hear....I wanna see you in his position to see how much you score......dick hole

lol im guessing you and LIBBA are both maltese...

Obviously this bloke can't do shit to make anyone on this forum happy. How about we talk about Williams missing an absolute sitter (one that Mifsud set up) or the one Golgol missed chance on the left post. I won't mention Kewell's missed penalty or the fact that Ramsey has been as useless as an 90 yr old Thai prostitute with arthritis in her jaw.

Clearly you guys just wanna hang shit on someone through the shit storm were in and Mifsud is that bloke.

I do not care if he runs 500 miles in a game mate and puts 'great pressure' on the opposition. He is a striker and needs to score. Simple. Oh didn't he score today??

And how many other chances did he have today? A good striker could've at least scored 3+ today.

Look i like the way he puts pressure on the ball but at the end of the day he was signed as a finisher and quite clearly this season he has failed to deliver. So many misses its silly ohhh so you like his pressure on the ball now...that's good to hear....I wanna see you in his position to see how much you score......dick hole

No mate......I think they both know what they are talking about.......by far MM best MH man today!!!

No mate......I think they both know what they are talking about.......by far MM best MH man today!!!

i agree, but he doesnt put his chances away.. he has scored only one goal and he has had plenty of chances to score more. 

one goal from our marquee striker with the amount of chances given is not good enough. 

• Like 1

lol im guessing you and LIBBA are both maltese... i voted in the general election and take centrelink payments.....I think I'm aussie lol

It isn't that simple.

Apparently it is.

But what do we know right.

Not like he's working his fuckin ass off or anything.

We all can't dominate games of football like Golgol or Ramsey.

he simply does not put the ball into the net as many times as he should have

Mifsud did miss a lot of chances but at least he scored today, nobody else even got close. 

He's been shithouse all season in regard to finishing, granted but he is very clever at opening up chances for himself (his goal today was skill, credit where it's due), he just seems to lack composure far too often which is strange considering the international experience he does have.

• Like 1

I do not care if he runs 500 miles in a game mate and puts 'great pressure' on the opposition. He is a striker and needs to score. Simple.Oh didn't he score today??

My badIn how many games?

Look i like the way he puts pressure on the ball but at the end of the day he was signed as a finisher and quite clearly this season he has failed to deliver. So many misses its sillyohhh so you like his pressure on the ball now...that's good to hear....I wanna see you in his position to see how much you score......dick hole

i agree, but he doesnt put his chances away.. he has scored only one goal and he has had plenty of chances to score more.

one goal from our marquee striker with the amount of chances given is not good enough.

From my understanding he's not a marquee.

So he missed a couple of chances today, but he's put 1 past the keeper and created a clear cut chance for Willow who clearly should of scored.

Not to mention his experience clearly shows with the boys on the pitch. When someone shows a bit of fire in the belly it's either Kisnobo Harry (surprisingly) and this bloke who fire up.

The bloke us clearly a striker out of confidence and from what I can see, he aint the only one who's lacking in that department.

Yeah I'm Maltese. Proud to say I am, but I speak highly of the bloke not just cauae he's Maltese. I've seen this bloke play so many times in England Malta and even watched him live a few times for Malta against clubs like Croatia and Italy and this bloke has the quality to be a top goal scorer in the A League.

Remember that Muscrat is unfortunately of Maltese background and ive never liked him and think he's a disgrace to the Maltese community. Just cause I'm Maltese, doesn't mean im bias.

• Like 2

I think that Mifsud and most of the others will shine under a competent coach who can rid the team of anxiety. Remember this anxiety started ironically under JVS after the Sydney game where we thrashed then 4-0 and were second on the ladder and being talked of as Premiership contenders. Something happened and we've never recovered from it, now it has a life of its own in the playing group, Aloisi hasn't stopped it and has probably made it worse.

Mifsud did miss a lot of chances but at least he scored today, nobody else even got close.

He's been shithouse all season in regard to finishing, granted but he is very clever at opening up chances for himself (his goal today was skill, credit where it's due), he just seems to lack composure far too often which is strange considering the international experience he does have.

To me its a confidence thing. He knows how to finish.

Do people know what a strikers role is? To score fucking goals

I don't give a fuck about:

-his 'foward pressure' could put mate in his role to do the exact same thing

-His leadership: We've got enough wise heads out there to do that

-His runs: Again, could put someone else like Williams in his position to do that.

- He would do better in a better system: Obviously anybody would play better not under JA but what about his misses today? Or his misses against Adelaide? Or his miss against WSW? Is it JA's fault he can't finish?

This bloke misses easy chance after easy chance and people still want to give him a break? Please, get your head checked. You are the same supporters who are content with mediocrity. It wouldn't worry me if this bloke touched the ball twice all game and scored once. Just score some fucking goals when given the chance.

P.S. Go fuck misfuds dickhole Ragnar. Your're the type of supporter who content with mediocrity.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

Mis-fud only scoring 1 today was like your top batsman getting 50 on a road.  Some days your best batsman simply has to get a hundred and today, against a terrible opponent, MM had to fill his boots.  That's why he's at the club isn't he- otherwise why not play some aussie kid?

I hate bagging my own team, but I just don't believe this bloke is good enough to be an import.

• Like 2

Morale of the story: This guy is a fucking DUD. (he is not the only one in our squad)

Waste of a visa spot IMO. Visa spots are put into place because they are the players who are supposedly meant to be better than the players we have in our country (Australian nationality), and if people are going to say that this hack is better than what we have in this country, you are delusional and fucking kidding yourself. He has had how many chances now infront of goal and fucked them ALL up (yes, he isnt the only one), If people are going to continue being reasonably satisfied with this duds performances, youre accepting mediocrity, which is the mentality us fans, the players, coaching staff and the board, should NOT be accepting, im fed up with this bullshit, and yes ill state it again, he is not the only one (Williams, GolGol just to name a few..)

-His runs: Again, could put someone else like Williams in his position to do that.

- He would do better in a better system: Obviously anybody would play better not under JA but what about his misses today? Or his misses against Adelaide? Or his miss against WSW? Is it JA's fault he can't finish?

This bloke misses easy chance after easy chance and people still want to give him a break? Please, get your head checked. You are the same supporters who are content with mediocrity. It wouldn't worry me if this bloke touched the ball twice all game and scored once. Just score some fucking goals when given the chance.

P.S. Go fuck misfuds dickhole Ragnar. Your're the type of supporter who content with mediocrity.

Who the fuck are u to judge a blokes support of this club.

Im not content with mediocrity. I want this club to be up there n start being a fuckin force in the A League. The fact u would say that cause I'm backing Mifsud, I support mediocrity clearly shows that u know fuck all about how much I support this club and how much this club means to me. Anyone who knows me will tell u the same thing.

So mate pull your head in and if u want to discuss this at the Imp over a few frothies on Derby Day, ill be the bloke with 11 Mifsud on the back of my kit.

• Like 1

If he was a decent finisher (like he was hailed as) he would've score 6-7 goals this season. Never seen someone miss so many sitters. It's almost like he loses composure and only shits himself when he gets within range. I honestly can't see him improving playing under this formation. He looks like he needs to play along side a bigger fellow striker. Aloisi has a habit of making players worse but playing them in the wrong position.

• Like 2

My bad

what im saying is that he needs to do better. 

i have been criticising other players. 

Dugandzic is just as influential on the bench as on the pitch

Ramsey is probably worse at finishing than Mifsud

Williams has been up and down - but has not been played in his best position at CF

Gol Gol is lazy and his final ball is lacking

and Kewell is a whole other bag of shit....

I do not care if he runs 500 miles in a game mate and puts 'great pressure' on the opposition. He is a striker and needs to score. Simple.Oh didn't he score today??

My bad

what im saying is that he needs to do better.

i have been criticising other players.

Dugandzic is just as influential on the bench as on the pitch

Ramsey is probably worse at finishing than Mifsud

Williams has been up and down - but has not been played in his best position at CF

Gol Gol is lazy and his final ball is lacking

and Kewell is a whole other bag of shit....

If you take away his attempt to show what not to do when taking a penalty Kewell had been good when he's played though.

Agreed with everything you've said about the rest.

Im not content with mediocrity. I want this club to be up there n start being a fuckin force in the A League. The fact u would say that cause I'm backing Mifsud, I support mediocrity clearly shows that u know fuck all about how much I support this club and how much this club means to me. Anyone who knows me will tell u the same thing.

So mate pull your head in and if u want to discuss this at the Imp over a few frothies on Derby Day, ill be the bloke with 11 Mifsud on the back of my kit.

More than happy to discuss with you about him at the imp, not at the next two games, i'm overseas for the next home games (thank fuck!) but the newy game if he hasn't been dropped more than happy to be there

Was more or less having a go at blokes who seem to not accept that there is any fault with misfud. I want him to succeed, i hope he proves me wrong and scores a hatrick on derby day, but to me atm he is just medicore. And IMO i see anybody who continues to support him is happy to continue supporting mediocrity. 

More than happy to discuss with you about him at the imp, not at the next two games, i'm overseas for the next home games (thank fuck!) but the newy game if he hasn't been dropped more than happy to be there

Was more or less having a go at blokes who seem to not accept that there is any fault with misfud. I want him to succeed, i hope he proves me wrong and scores a hatrick on derby day, but to me atm he is just medicore. And IMO i see anybody who continues to support him is happy to continue supporting mediocrity.

I support him him cause I know he is much better then what he is providing atm. You watch his highlights real and his goal scoring ability can't be questioned. I've seen a hell of a lot more of him then the the highlights on youtube. I know he'll come good.

Today I think he was clearly our best player on the park and he has to performing at some point so hopefully this it where it begins.

Mate if he scored a hattrick on Derby Day, all ill have to day is watch out for the pitch invader cause it would most likely be me lmao

• Like 1

So mate pull your head in and if u want to discuss this at the Imp over a few frothies on Derby Day, ill be the bloke with 11 Mifsud on the back of my kit. More than happy to discuss with you about him at the imp, not at the next two games, i'm overseas for the next home games (thank fuck!) but the newy game if he hasn't been dropped more than happy to be there

I support him him cause I know he is much better then what he is providing atm. You watch his highlights real and his goal scoring ability can't be questioned. I've seen a hell of a lot more of him then the the highlights on youtube. I know he'll come good.

Today I think he was clearly our best player on the park and he has to performing at some point so hopefully this it where it begins.

Mate if he scored a hattrick on Derby Day, all ill have to day is watch out for the pitch invader cause it would most likely be me lmao

Obviously i am only judging him on his form for heart, but i am just really dissapointed in him atm because he was built up to be this finisher that we desperately needed and he hasn't delivered. I trust he'll come good but we're 10 games into the season and 3 wins out of 6 place, will it be too late before he comes good?

He's had 15 shots, with only 7 shots on goal this season, i just thought he would've at least had 3-4 more goals. We just desprately need a goal scorer and he seems not to be it.

(this is the website i got those stats from http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/13931/michael-mifsud?cc=3436)

Edited by kingofhearts

I've tried to give mifsud some credit, but I've never seen a striker that can have such poor control over the ball. Nearly everytime he gets the ball he loses it. I've seen week in week out young kids at the halftime show at aami show they can control the ball better than him.

Hes just unlucky

I've tried to give mifsud some credit, but I've never seen a striker that can have such poor control over the ball. Nearly everytime he gets the ball he loses it. I've seen week in week out young kids at the halftime show at aami show they can control the ball better than him.

Have you watched Gol Gol play?

Golgol is much better on the ball. He can and has dribbled past defenders this season.

He's lazy though which negates this skill.

Which is extremely frustrating as he probably has more natural talent than every player in the team bar Kewell/Engelaar.

Edited by King Malta

Golgol is much better on the ball. He can and has dribbled past defenders this season.

He's lazy though which negates this skill.

Which is extremely frustrating as he probably has more natural talent than every player in the team bar Kewell/Engelaar.

He's also hugely inconsistent, the WSW game for example, for some reason he had the hand eye coordination of a new born foal

• Like 1

Mifsud in front of goal yesterday was like watching a car crash!

Apart from his finishing, he played well but I ended up just laughing* when he once again stuffed up golden opportunities.

Hope he can change his fortunes but he has done nothing thus far to give me hope.

* I laughed more at Kewell's penalty. We're hopeless!