Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

He'll be lucky to be playing by then if he keeps up his current production.

Cause our alternatives are who exactly??

Golgol clearly cant start a game as he has shown  this season.

Williams would be the only other alternative really.

Id like to see a possible 442 with Williams and Mifsud partnering together up front

Thought he played alright against WSW, still areas to improve obviously but he looked better on the ball for me.

Starting to look more lively with each game, would have been nice if he'd been credited with the goal as it probably would have lifted a massive burden off him there but what are you gonna do.

Hopefully Harry's fit for Sydney and we can keep the ball on the deck a bit more.

During the game a TV reporter claims to have spoken to a prominent Maltese sports reporter prior to game. He claims that Mifsud was played as a false 9 in Malta. Its alleged that he was very surprised on the way we are using him!! Is this true? Are JA tactics letting him down??

Edited by Pandev

During the game a TV reporter claims to have spoken to a prominent Maltese sports reporter prior to game. He claims that Mifsud was played as a false 9 in Malta. Its alleged that he was very surprised on the way we are using him!! Is this true? Are JA tactics letting him down??

Very possibly. JA's tactics let down a lot more players than they help, such as: demanding that fullbacks like Behich and Walker largely stay in our own half, having Williams play as our no 10, having Wielaert always hoff the ball rather than pass it out from defence, playing Kalmar on the wing, etc etc etc...

• Like 1

i'll admit its hard to stick up for the bloke, but he is making good runs and getting in the right positions just not finishing, and you can't fault his effort. Cant have a go at Gol Gol or Mate for missing because they are not making the right runs etc. Kewell's touch and passing should help create more opportunites for him. Just hoping that once he finishes one, the flood gates open.... hoping...

• Like 1

do you mean loser?

he didnt even play well. if we had a more accomplished CF today (a.k.a.Berisha) we wouldve won 3-2. 

To be fair, in general, I'd say he played quite well, his finishing on the other hand was disgraceful.

He's not alone though, Golgol, David and Harry all commited horrible misses of their own, what's wrong with this team...

• Like 1

Keep following watford lol....looser

You are clearly one of those Man U fans that are stuck up and only follow them cause they win and don't know anything about the game but still have the urge to call yourself a football fan. yes it's true mate ,I learned a lot about the game of football or soccer what ever you call it since I been watching the A league....

Is it football or soccer?

do you mean loser?

he didnt even play well. if we had a more accomplished CF today (a.k.a.Berisha) we wouldve won 3-2.

To be fair, in general, I'd say he played quite well, his finishing on the other hand was disgraceful.

He's not alone though, Golgol, David and Harry all commited horrible misses of their own, what's wrong with this team...if we had Ronaldo we would've won 6-2

I'm trying hard to like this guy but sorry, if you're in the team coz of your clinical finishing then he doesn't cut it. Two chances today in particular where he fluffed his lines badly - over the bar from point blank range and a touch in the box that had the ball scoot off his shin and harmlessly away from goals. OK, let's not talk about Harry. However, did he do that intentionally just to give JA the shits ?

• Like 1

do you mean loser?

He's not alone though, Golgol, David and Harry all commited horrible misses of their own, what's wrong with this team...

well this is definitely the best i can remember him playing, but he was still very wasteful.   

• Like 1

do you mean loser?

well this is definitely the best i can remember him playing, but he was still very wasteful.   

Agreed.

Needs to get his shit together in front of goal

Obviously this bloke can't do shit to make anyone on this forum happy. How about we talk about Williams missing an absolute sitter (one that Mifsud set up) or the one Golgol missed chance on the left post. I won't mention Kewell's missed penalty or the fact that Ramsey has been as useless as an 90 yr old Thai prostitute with arthritis in her jaw.

Clearly you guys just wanna hang shit on someone through the shit storm were in and Mifsud is that bloke.

I thought he was clearly our best today and so did the commentary team today.

That's my rant done for today.

• Like 4

Obviously this bloke can't do shit to make anyone on this forum happy. How about we talk about Williams missing an absolute sitter (one that Mifsud set up) or the one Golgol missed chance on the left post. I won't mention Kewell's missed penalty or the fact that Ramsey has been as useless as an 90 yr old Thai prostitute with arthritis in her jaw.

Clearly you guys just wanna hang shit on someone through the shit storm were in and Mifsud is that bloke.

I do not care if he runs 500 miles in a game mate and puts 'great pressure' on the opposition. He is a striker and needs to score. Simple.

• Like 1

I do not care if he runs 500 miles in a game mate and puts 'great pressure' on the opposition. He is a striker and needs to score. Simple. Oh didn't he score today??

Sorry I must of mistaken him for the other Mifsud playing today.

My bad

• Like 2

" post="144765" timestamp="1387103813"]

I do not care if he runs 500 miles in a game mate and puts 'great pressure' on the opposition. He is a striker and needs to score. Simple.Oh didn't he score today??

My bad In how many games?

And how many other chances did he have today? A good striker could've at least scored 3+ today.

I'm not even mentioning all the chances he butchered against Adelaide.

Look i like the way he puts pressure on the ball but at the end of the day he was signed as a finisher and quite clearly this season he has failed to deliver. So many misses its silly

Edited by kingofhearts

" post="144765" timestamp="1387103813"]

I do not care if he runs 500 miles in a game mate and puts 'great pressure' on the opposition. He is a striker and needs to score. Simple.Oh didn't he score today??

My bad In how many games?

And how many other chances did he have today? A good striker could've at least scored 3+ today.

I'm not even mentioning all the chances he butchered against Adelaide.

Look i like the way he puts pressure on the ball but at the end of the day he was signed as a finisher and quite clearly this season he has failed to deliver. So many misses its silly ohhh so you like his pressure on the ball now...that's good to hear....I wanna see you in his position to see how much you score......dick hole