Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

This is exactly the point of view of the people not wanting HK to Heart.....Even if he gets here we know that Heart was never his first option but just a stepping stone to go to Brazil.....Heart DOES NOT need HK....HK needs Heart....What we do now defines our future...and this HK story is one of our bad ones....same with Lucas last year...We look like we're begging people...Get a bloody marquee and a striker and get on with getting the team ready....

People that are surprised by this obviously haven't followed Kewell's career.  He is a rubbish person like his mate Lucas Neill..

The only thing the club has done wrong is to go after him in the first place..  They should now tell him to fark off..

Exposure for the club this week is one thing, but I am not sure that exposure for the sake of exposure is a good thing..

The club has come accross as having double standards in wanting to sign him in the first place and him not turning up to his signing makes us now look irrelevant. 

The club has always said that they would not sign a player who thinks they are bigger than the club.  What Kewell did at Victory suggests exactly that.  It is pure desperation to then go back on that kind of value.  And in the end, even if he signs, the club is still gojng to end up looking stupid.

• Like 1

Really don't see why everyone is so shitty. This is the real world. It's a business and business decisions are made every day. Harry hasn't signed with anyone else and Munn quoted he was still confident of him signing.

As for Grant Holt the best news when this broke yesterday was that Heart were actually chasing a marquee of his stature. I couldn't give a fuck wether its Holt or not but I'm bloody happy that's the sort of quality the club are trying to get.

No more lame ass marquees.

Lastly, let's hope the biter fucks off to Real so I don't have to watch him every Sunday morning.

LOL, chasing Kewell has been the best free publicity window we've had. Munn has not said it's in the bag and the media pack have played this up to generate sales and online eyeballs. You can't stop that - and maybe we don't want to either.

As for Harry, if anyone read interviews with him some few years ago you'll see a bloke that's absolutely in it for Arry (and family) - all the rest of us are pawns in his game of life. Is that any different to many other sporting people? Bernie Mandic and Harry were a great fit - same mentality.

If it is true that Scott Munn travelled to Europe to an arranged meeting with Harry Kewell and Kewell didn't turn up, then we should damn well stand up as a club. Publicly state that we no longer have any interest in signing Harry Kewell who is not the right fit for our club. 

Agreed. Munn is no fool. He knows who he is dealing with.

Edit: And if SM has really left the UK without concluding a deal, then there's probably no deal going to be done.

Either way we move on.

Edited by jw1739

I've got a source that says Prince Harry thinks I'm a decent bloke. I can't reveal the source though.

No you don't.

Its as credible as your 'source'.

I'm sure when he does we'll give you a parade and a guard of honour for being a smart arse who knows something and tells us he knows something without saying where he got it from!

FFS this has just been a circus, just like they did with Garcia, there should've been an offered tabled and that's it. Now were chasing him all around the world trying to get his signature

We have tabled offers for Garcia, though. And my guess, going off facts like Melbourne Heart arranging a press conference a few days ago and Archie Thompson revealing that Kewell said "i'll be back soon", is that we've also given Kewell some kind of offer. My best guess is that Heart are just sorting out the nitty gritty details with Kewell.

If we have a strong squad going into next season, I reckon I won't have much complaints or memories of these pre-season negotiations.

Would love him to sign. Be then interesting to see what HeartFc has to say

See that's the thing, I'll be the one breaking the news if we do sign him.

You say 'if we do sign him', I thought you said he wasn't coming? Funny that. If you're going to troll, perhaps try being a little more careful with the english language.

Edited by Deluka

I think it's you who's struggling to understand the English language here mate. Ill repeat it for you nice and slow so you understand.

- He isn't not coming due to not meeting Scott Munn without giving notice.

Take a deep breath.

- If he can't get a European deal he may still consider signing for heart.

That I can't predict, however I did say yesterday that he wasn't coming hours before anything was reported. Check for yourself.

Hope your brain can get around that one.

It's either us or overseas team it won't be THE biggest of insults if he signs overseas somewhere but if he signs

For

A

a league team like WSW or sydney or

Something I would be very Fkn mad, that will he huge embarrassment

Please we need this signing unless we have an ADP like signing signed up

I think it's you who's struggling to understand the English language here mate. Ill repeat it for you nice and slow so you understand.

Take a deep breath.

That I can't predict, however I did say yesterday that he wasn't coming hours before anything was reported. Check for yourself.

The thing we are all trying to understand is where you get all this information from you  peanut. 

The lesson here would be to avoid absolute terms like 'he will sign' and 'he won't sign', as the HS have done by using words and phrases like 'hopeful' and 'overseas interest may be a factor'. 

That way, should the player do the opposite of what you've said, there's no need to backflip and no one will think you're an ITK wanker.

Shags, it was reported when the story first broke that something wasn't quite right because we cancelled the media conference. So when you said the deal was off (which you clearly had a guess) that was in fact after there being a glitch in negotiations.

I think the consensus (on this forum and in the paper) was that the deal was done on a verbal level and just needed pen to paper.

Now you're pulling out this "something wasnt right" bullshit.

I heard a whisper that the deal went south and I decided to voice it on this forum. Not only was it opposite to the general consensus but it was about the same time as Harry rejecting the Jest, which looked a further positive for us.

The fact is I was correct and I made my comment hours before the media reported it... the papers were hanging for any news so its not like they were sleeping on the job.

Take a deep breath.

The thing we are all trying to understand is where you get all this information from you  peanut. 

Clearly an insider at the club or something along those lines you walnut, hence why he isn't willing to name his source.

The cunt's been right before, he's not a christian7 or anything.

Take a deep breath.

You said he wasn't coming after the twg story about him "going missing".  Even if you do have a good source, your breaking news appears to be that Harry Kewell either will or will not be joining Melbourne Heart.

• Like 1