Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

Hate to quote myself but...

To the tune of Ants go marching in..Sheree Sheree she hates the vic-tor-reeSheree Sheree she hates the vic-tor-reeShe poisoned her mum so Harry could leaveNow he wears his heart of his sleeveNow watch the beat-ing Emily's gonna receive

If you hate to quote yourself don't do it

One of my most hated players in the game. Has never been a favourite of mine.

Will have to do a hell of a lot for us in our shirt to wipe that Mong tinge from him, before any of us can start hailing him as a Heart Hero yet.

Not only that putrid Mong tinge he has to scaple off, but that fucking disgusting french 6alatasaray tinge. 

IBNE GALATASARAY. AYAYAYAYAYAYYYY.

IBNE VICTORY. AYAYAYAYAYAY.

I'm afraid Harry has alot of fucking work ahead of him. 

• Like 3

Just goes to show, never doubt Transfermarkt...

I'm glad that Kewell will be in Red and White next season. Also, kudos to the club for managing to sign Kewell. 

Kewell appears to be on a modest wage, and he will be inside the salary cap. That should help keep his ego in check: he's just another player at Heart. Also, IMO Kewell has an impressive work ethic regardless of the money he gets. He's worked hard in every team he's played in. As long as he stays injury free, I think he could be a big player for us.

Very pleased with our signings so far. A few more quality signings and we're set for a great season.

Edited by Murfy1

Harry has always shown himself to be a man who acts with utter contempt towards others, right back from when he first left Leeds.

What I want to see is him turning up to our 1st day of pre-season training along with the rest of our squad, and not fucking about in Europe for another 4 months thinking he's too good to come back down under and put in. He's said alot recently about wanting to play again and his desire to make the WC and he needs to back up what he's said and show he takes the league seriously, which he clearly didnt until the 2nd half of his season at the Mongs.

My biggest concern is him coming to our club and thinking he's better then everyone else and destabilising the whole squad. Him scoring a derby winner isn't enough, he needs to perform consistently before he starts to earn our respect. Until then, I will still have him firmly classed as a cunt.

Great post.  Bravo.

He needs to fit in with the club, not the club fit in with him.

I have my doubts whether he is capable of it.

Munn on SEN, jumped in halfway through but he's saying with three foreigners to recruit, he's confident we'll be challenging for a top four finish. Went onto discuss how Harry is in good condition and will arrive for training on July 1 for a full pre-season. Says we'll bring in two or three 30+ year olds (including HK) and believes the average age of the team will be young. John Aloisi is on his way home and excited, Aloisi feels the players that he'll bring in are what is required to win the championship.

Interview over now, tried to just jot down everything that was said for those who weren't listening.

• Like 1

One from his Liverpool days...

Waltzing midfielder

Waltzing midfielder

We've got a waltzing midfielder called Kewell

And we'll sing and we'll dance

As he scores a goal with every chance

We've got a waltzing midfielder called Kewell

Very good. Very very good. I'll chant that even for somebody like Kewell.

He'll need to add plenty to the club and to the team to make up for that handball in the 2010 WC.

That's right. That's what I have against him. Not that he played for the other mob. Not that he seems to think his own piss is worth bottling.

My beef with him is that he ruined what might be the only WC I ever go to with a pointless handball.

Right. In. Front. Of. Me.

Edited by Total Eclipse

Incredibly happy with this signing! Upon being introduced to the Premier League around 10 years ago, it was Harry's signing for LFC that was the deciding factor when choosing a side, otherwise I would have been a Chelsea fan and unable to live with myself now!

Origin day is one of the few days that Victorians care about League, yet today there's been 10 tweets about Harry for every one about Origin. Happy days

Thread Name changed/

And FWIW the bloke is one of us now and until he does wrong by us (IF he does wrong by us) I am going to treat like I treat all the players who have worn and wear the Red and White.

So far in his short history as a Heart player he has:

1. Helped the club keep his signing secret until membership day,

2. Signed for barely anything,

3. And committed to a full preseason.

I really dont care if he was a kent before Heart or a kent after Heart - As long as his not a kent AT HEART.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 6

tbh even though I hate the cunt I think this is a good signing. Just because we've signed him doesn't mean i have to like/respect him either.

I don't think he'll ever put heart before his own career and I reckon he'd fuck off as soon as he got a better deal for his career. (then again which heart player wouldn't?) But at min wage he's definitely good value and improves our squad overall. We're helping him out and he's helping us, it's as simple as that imo.

Won't sing his name until he earns it though.

• Like 2

One of my most hated players in the game. Has never been a favourite of mine.

Will have to do a hell of a lot for us in our shirt to wipe that Mong tinge from him, before any of us can start hailing him as a Heart Hero yet.

Not only that putrid Mong tinge he has to scaple off, but that fucking disgusting french 6alatasaray tinge.

IBNE GALATASARAY. AYAYAYAYAYAYYYY.

IBNE VICTORY. AYAYAYAYAYAY.

I'm afraid Harry has alot of fucking work ahead of him. Fenerbahçe Köpeğine! Fenerbahçe Köpeğine! Fenerbahçe Köpeğine! Şampiyon Cimbom yazdıracağız

19!

• Like 1

To the tune of Franco Cozzo.

Verse 1: Grand sale, grand sale, grand sale...

Verse 2: Megalo, megalo, megalo

Verse 3: Magnifico, il modernissimo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTM2IYYOXKM

On a serious note though, for the price you really can't go wrong here. Don't like him, but you can't possibly overlook him on the minimum wage.

Edited by MKD
  • Like 3

hahahah not to let this thread go too off topic... But, fuck NSW!

Haha Harry's in! This thread is now about Rugby ;) No, League is not Rugby.

Hahah tell all the lads I work with who are die hard storm supporters that :up:

This is why nobody in the NRL world can take Storm supporters seriously. They dont even know the name of the sport they are "die hard" about

• Like 1

The only downside to this is shirt sales....

The Visitors will sell thousands this year to replace all the number 22 shirts which are being sacrificially burned as we speak!!!

But I agree with most, for minimum wage what's he risk - if he can produce the form he showed during late in the season when last year then it's a massive win for us!!

I've made no secret of my dislike for the guy. But I agree with cadete. I want nothing but success for the club and now, for Kewell.

To his credit so far, the negotiations seem to have gone without much drama, and he's joining for a low wage. Now let's see him join the others for a solid pre season!

Will take a bit of convincing before I can sing for him though.

Edited by Sash

hahahah not to let this thread go too off topic... But, fuck NSW!

Haha Harry's in! This thread is now about Rugby ;)No, League is not Rugby. Hahah tell all the lads I work with who are die hard storm supporters that :up: This is why nobody in the NRL world can take Storm supporters seriously. They dont even know the name of the sport they are "die hard" about

The r in NRL must stand for something?

• Like 1