Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

So, in a strange occurrence, I picked up mine and 2 others member packs yesterday to discover that we had been sent 6 membership - 2 per person. Same member numbers, same names, different seats. 

Will call tomorrow to find out which it valid, but a bit of a strange thing to do.

So we've actually got 2,500 members then

• Like 1

She will if Harry scores in 94th minute

Heart 3:2 MV

Lmao!!

That would make for a perfect night. There are ambos everywhere so we'd be fine on that front.

If that happened, have to consider naming the little man Harry lol

Hahahah

I actually suggested Gerald (Sibon) and joked about Mate (Dugandžić).

• Like 1

Guessing we'll see a bump tomorrow from family day and the continuing Mifsud bump that stopped since I'm guessing the staff were getting family day ready.

Also i just read on Munns twitter that he wants 6k by round one so i guess we finally have some sort of target from the club and i reckon we'll get there. Only about 50 a day.

• Like 1

Have been told 3 times in a row by the club "its in the mail" yet no email or member pack.

Sat next to yarraside for the last 5 home games and etihad derby, this season I will be standing with yside if mine and my sons ver arrive.

Need to order another now for my second child and maybe the missus.

Shit that sounds bad I will love both my kids the same...

Edited by Heart is Melbourne
  • Like 1

Considering the club has done an outstanding job in advertising across all the media as well as signing some brilliant individuals including HK, am I the only one thinking that membership figures are still a significant concern for MHFC?

Way haven't we increased the numbers by at least 20% this season?

We are working with a small base so 20% increase isn't as dramatic as it would be for a club with 20 000 members.

I'm afraid that those low numbers will translate to sub 6k crowds at home games

I know different scenarios had been covered on forums but as we closing in on opening week of this season, I believe we are nowhere near a true target for a club in a major city

Huh?

Surely you're not suggesting that marketing alone will translate to membership numbers? Its defined by on field success as well as a good membership campaign and we've got half of the equation exactly right, its now a matter of the team backing up this good work, in addition to everyone of us making sure that every person we attract to a game see's in the club what we all do.

• Like 1

We are running close to a 20% increase on this time last pre-season.

There is no such thing as what we "should' be getting as memberships and attendances, except on some sort of average statistical basis. Coming off three poor/very poor seasons on the field IMO we're doing as well as, or possibly even better than, might have been expected.

Clubs earn their supporters, not get them by right.

There is a lot of goodwill towards the Heart out there, but the club has to turn that into bolted-on support by being competitive on the field. It's as simple as that.

Edited by jw1739

We have 5,101 members on September 24th. Last season we were 4,750 on October 4th (day before Rd 1).

If we hit 5510 by October 11th (day before Rd 1) we will be 16% higher than the same position last season. It might not be 20%, but I'd say 16% is pretty damn good considering we finished 9th last season and LOST THE LAST 5 MATCHES!!

Now to get to 5510 we need another 409 members, in 19 days that's 21.5per day, which is very achievable as the A-League hype is building the closer we get to the Derby in Rd 1.

Last year with 4750 members we still got 11k rock up to our first home game against (arguably) the least supported A-League club, Wellington! I'm guessing with 5,500+ members and another WIN over the Visitards in Round 1, we'll get a few more than 11k against last season's champions, Central Coast!

Last Season # Vs this season

3,300 August  16th Vs 3800 (+500 / +15.15%)

3,650 August  30th Vs 4272 (+622 / +17.04%)

4,000 Sept.     12th Vs 4633 (+633 / +15.83%)

4,750 October 04th (day before round 1)

Day before Round 1

I'll be happy with 5,500 by October 4th, which will be a 15.79% increase on the same time last year, even though this year that's 8 days before our first kick-off.

Once Mifsud is announced, I suppose we'll make up that number easy with all the Maltese community jumping on board! haha

Why did u pick 16%,such a random number

Because as you can see from the "Last Season Vs This Season" numbers above, we've maintained a 15%-17% increase so I took the average of 16%  :)

Huh?

Surely you're not suggesting that marketing alone will translate to membership numbers? Its defined by on field success as well as a good membership campaign and we've got half of the equation exactly right, its now a matter of the team backing up this good work, in addition to everyone of us making sure that every person we attract to a game see's in the club what we all do.

I wasn't suggesting that marketing alone will do it.

Signing players people want to see and especially winning games is the key, I totally agree.

AAMI is without a doubt the best ground to watch football in Australia.

Our performance at that ground last season was actually very healthy yet attendances there were not, apart for a couple of games.

I'm not saying that club is not doing enough about it (winning games is a different issue)

I'm simply disappointed with the football loving public in this city.

They can show up to see Liverpool and fill the stadium yet are not prepared to support and grow local game!!

I'm not asking for 30k + at home games........not yet.

Keep in mind that we have migrants from all over Europe, lots of Brits and even Asian and Indian demographics who know and play the game.

Attendance of around 12K would be nice and should be achievable in the city of more then 4 million

Soccer- biggest participation sport in aus, etc etc etc.

Where are they.......

Edited by Jestr

Huh?

Surely you're not suggesting that marketing alone will translate to membership numbers? Its defined by on field success as well as a good membership campaign and we've got half of the equation exactly right, its now a matter of the team backing up this good work, in addition to everyone of us making sure that every person we attract to a game see's in the club what we all do.

Signing players people want to see and especially winning games is the key, I totally agree.

Our performance at that ground last season was actually very healthy yet attendances there were not, apart for a couple of games.

I'm not saying that club is not doing enough about it (winning games is a different issue)

They can show up to see Liverpool and fill the stadium yet are not prepared to support and grow local game!!

Keep in mind that we have migrants from all over Europe, lots of Brits and even Asian and Indian demographics who know and play the game.

Attendance of around 12K would be nice and should be achievable in the city of more then 4 million

Where are they.......

Eurosnobs my good friend, they label the A-League as inferior and not worth their time without ever actually seeing a game. 

There's definitely a shift in this view emerging though I feel with our local competition growing stronger and stronger with each year so I truly do believe that with winning games, the attendances will come.

• Like 1

got my general admission membership a couple of days ago

the wife and I always sit up the Yarraside end to enjoy the "nutters" ( and I mean that in the nicest possible way) singing and chanting

I didn't get our Red caps that were part of the early resigning , I resigned on the day membership opened

I rangthe club, they said that we can pick them up from merchandise at the first home match ( good luck to that is all I say!)

Huh?

Where are they.......

Eurosnobs my good friend, they label the A-League as inferior and not worth their time without ever actually seeing a game. 

There's definitely a shift in this view emerging though I feel with our local competition growing stronger and stronger with each year so I truly do believe that with winning games, the attendances will come.

I will be honest and say i was one of those Eurosnobs, but as soon as the Heart announced they would be coming into the A League, i thought id give it a go and its the best thing ive ever done a sports nut. I love this club to the point that it has become my number one priority by long way when it comes to sport in general.

What got me was going to a game and bloody loving the atmosphere and how close nit the supporters are. Have made many friends from this club. Even my fiance was wasnt into football period has fallen in love with the Heart.

I think its just about trying to convince people to at least come to 1 game and enjoy the atmosphere. If they dont get hooked first up, then they are a lost cause

• Like 6

I grew up in Europe and followed football there

When I arrived here, football scene was a MAJOR disappointment.

So very much like Libba I kind of became a euro snob too

NSL was meh,

Victory didn't excite either.

One trip to a heart game in season 1 and love was back.

Mates who came to games (lots of Chinese burns first) all still keep on going, some as members.

People will be hooked, they just have to TRY IT

• Like 1

NSL was meh,

Mates who came to games (lots of Chinese burns first) all still keep on going, some as members.

Its like crack

1 hit and your hooked :D

• Like 1

NSL was meh,

Very similar story. Born overseas, went for SMFC in the NSL by default. When Victory came along I was 'meh not interested', but when I saw Aloisi in the paper wearing a red & white striped top, I fell in love with football again and Melbourne Heart ever since. Even made my missus love Heart and she used to volunteer for Victory! haha

Now (even as a long time Swans' supporter) watching AFL gives me the shits coz of so many stupid rules and extremely inconsistent umpiring!

I yearn for football. I also can't wait to tell Archie to F-Off as soon as he gets close enough! Lol 

• Like 1

Would they still be processing membershp forms from Family Day? Could we expect a bigger increase from that?

Overall, very happy with the work that has gone on this year.

One thing I would like to know though is whether there has been a substantial increase in marketing costs this year? Seems to be a lot more work going on this year which would likely increase costs, which if true, would require a decent  increase in membersips / attendences to cover.