Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

The pre-season Melbourne Heart FC Cup is scheduled in 2 weeks, numbers should skyrocket at that time with all junior players getting a membership for competing in the tournament. Should be close to 6000 before Round 1.

Having to give away memberships :droy:

That's a little unfair Marteaux. The tournament is the brainchild of a local tradesman from the peninsula who buys the memberships himself and then gives them out to the participants who pay the entry fee to the tournament. He risks a substantial amount of money each year to do this. His motive is simply to promote the game of football and help the Heart. I'd buy this man a drink!

The pre-season Melbourne Heart FC Cup is scheduled in 2 weeks, numbers should skyrocket at that time with all junior players getting a membership for competing in the tournament. Should be close to 6000 before Round 1.

Having to give away memberships :droy: That's a little unfair Marteaux. The tournament is the brainchild of a local tradesman from the peninsula who buys the memberships himself and then gives them out to the participants who pay the entry fee to the tournament. He risks a substantial amount of money each year to do this. His motive is simply to promote the game of football and help the Heart. I'd buy this man a drink!

Then how many "true" members do you we? Not including baby memberships, dog memberships, people buying memberships for someone else......probably 3,000?

Having to give away memberships :droy: That's a little unfair Marteaux. The tournament is the brainchild of a local tradesman from the peninsula who buys the memberships himself and then gives them out to the participants who pay the entry fee to the tournament. He risks a substantial amount of money each year to do this. His motive is simply to promote the game of football and help the Heart. I'd buy this man a drink!

I'm supplying 60 kids to this thing. Have done the  past 2 years as well. They all pay $30, and Pete loses $10 for each kid that enters, then makes it back in BBQ and entry fees to break even.  [my club pays half, so the kids only pay $15]

Bugger all of the kids end up using their memberships, but still ends up being a massive heart promotion over 2 days.

im hoping score an invite to the players lunch!

It would be good to find a way to get them to come along, not just to have memberships

Basically these juniors have to be accompanied by an adult before they're going to be able to attend. For all sorts of reasons - transport, personal safety etc. These days that's quite a responsibility for someone - or say 2-3 adults associated with a junior SC - to take on.

Yes, what I'm obliquely suggesting is that if we are giving membership to a junior who won't come then we might have more success giving them an adult membership as well so that a parent can come with them

I've taken groups of kids for half time games and mascots and it is a fair amount of organizing just for that, and that's when every one gets in free.

The hassle with the kids memberships is it doesnt save the family anything, it costs em $50 for a family ticket to come along with the kid member.

Its not a lot, but still a chunk for a non football fan I guess.

• Like 1

Last Season # Vs this season

3,300 August  16th Vs 3800 (+15.15%)

3,650 August  30th Vs 4272 (+17.04%)

4,000 Sept.     12th Vs 4618 (+15.45%)

4,750 October 4th (day before round 1)

Didn't quite keep the 17% increase but 15.45% is still pretty good. At this rate we should hit 5,700 by round 1 (October 12th)

Edited by Tbitm

3,650 August  30th Vs 4272 (+17.04%)

4,000 Sept.     12th Vs 4618 (+15.45%)

Didn't quite keep the 17% increase but 15.45% is still pretty good. At this rate we should hit 5,700 by round 1 (October 12th)

I think you posted this a little early, we had another 15 members added since 3pm.

3,300 August  16th Vs 3800 (+500 / +15.15%)

3,650 August  30th Vs 4272 (+622 / +17.04%)

4,000 Sept.     12th Vs 4633 (+633 / +15.83%)

4,750 October 04th (day before round 1)

Day before Round 1

I'll be happy with 5,500 by October 4th, which will be a 15.79% increase on the same time last year, even though this year that's 8 days before our first kick-off.

Once Mifsud is announced, I suppose we'll make up that number easy with all the Maltese community jumping on board! haha

No one, if i recall correctly, gave me a straight answer... can i buy a membership with cash if so where and how

I'm pretty sure we did mate. You have to look for one of those tents at the game mate if you want to pay by cash. I'm pretty sure you can only pay by credit card too, no paypal

Family day is coming up... save your pennies for the 22nd of this month

No one, if i recall correctly, gave me a straight answer... can i buy a membership with cash if so where and how

I'm pretty sure we did mate. You have to look for one of those tents at the game mate if you want to pay by cash. I'm pretty sure you can only pay by credit card too, no paypal

Or you can go to La Trobe and try to find the MHFC office, which can be a bit of a task in itself if you don't know the place.

Or you can go to La Trobe and try to find the MHFC office, which can be a bit of a task in itself if you don't know the place.

sweet! Ill give the club an email cheers guys, this year will be my first year of membership

• Like 1

3,650 August  30th Vs 4272 (+17.04%)

4,000 Sept.     12th Vs 4618 (+15.45%)

5,500 Nov.       14th

5,850 Nov.       29th (5 game memberships came out)

6,025 Dec.       18th

Just added some more dates. Hopefully we pass them all by a lot this season.

Edited by Tbitm
  • Like 1

know of a lot of friends that if a 5 game membership was released prior to round 1 they would get it.. I guess the problem there is that a lot of people will get the 5 game membership and therefore take away from the full memberships therefore reducing the $$

I think we need to release the 5 game memberships soon to get as MANY members as possible this year to increase the base and then work with this and hope we get a good year onfield!

On the 5 game membership concept how about releasing them early in the year (like either now or two rounds in) with the idea that it encourages people to take the low cost investment of a small membership. Then aim at getting these membership holders to early games (free ticket for a friend or something). Then once they've hit 2-3 games start pestering them to sign up for another 3 games or upgrade to a full membership. Keep repeating this until the end of the season or until they are proper members.

Its kind of like a weird quarterly payment plan. Could be a good way to turn the questionable into the committed, and would really benefit from strong early season form.