Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Serie B have introduced a cap of 200k per player per season, whilst some can rise to 400k. If we can get anyone of Fabio Vignaroli's calibre not on marquee status, we would be laughing. Serie B would be worth a deep look Johnny. My notables.

Matteo Ardemagni, 22 goals with mid-table Modena.

Massimo Maccarone! 

• Like 6

Serie B have introduced a cap of 200k per player per season, whilst some can rise to 400k. If we can get anyone of Fabio Vignaroli's calibre not on marquee status, we would be laughing. Serie B would be worth a deep look Johnny. My notables.

Matteo Ardemagni, 22 goals with mid-table Modena.

Massimo Maccarone! 

Would sign him just for the name. Commentators would have a blast.

Edited by Peter

The Maccarone situation is interesting. He is on loan at Empoli from Sampdoria. Not sure if Sampa want him, so might be without a "luring" contact if Empoli don't make Serie A. High possibility given the who the play-off will consist of.

It might just be me but I think it be more realistic to target Europeans from other countries than Italy, places where kids grow up knowing that will have to apply their trade overseas.

• Like 1

The Maccarone situation is interesting. He is on loan at Empoli from Sampdoria. Not sure if Sampa want him, so might be without a "luring" contact if Empoli don't make Serie A. High possibility given the who the play-off will consist of.

It might just be me but I think it be more realistic to target Europeans from other countries than Italy, places where kids grow up knowing that will have to apply their trade overseas.

Fair call. But small distinction of beginning and end of career. Maccarone is 33, which for me, suggests an easier target, particularly in respect of Italians.

I wouldn't mind an Italian marquee. I see what the experience and attitude of these professional Italian's have brought to Montreal Impact, the likes of Di Vaio, Nesta, now Daniele Paponi. Once one comes, their friends seem to follow.

Here is a link for an article which shows the MLS is in a similar position to the A-League (except perhaps with more money)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mls-montreal-impact-italian-inlfuence/

And just to show Di Vaio's worth, here is a link to You Tube where you can watch the highlights of his goals, something Heart has been missing

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marco+di+vaio+montreal&oq=marco+di&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l10.355.4422.0.6635.7.7.0.0.0.0.418.1865.2-6j0j1.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.jDfGId7lrr0

And here's how to slice a whole porterhouse, thanks Super Butcher

Davutovic reckons "Murdocca a done deal." Perhaps he's right, but if so I'm staggered that I cannot pick up any inkling of it from anyone else on Twitter, including Murdocca himself. Cannot see any reason why the club doesn't announce it if it's actually true.

I think the thing with Murdocca people need to realise all we have is here say and rumor. It may be a done deal, it may not. We cant start bitching about the club not announcing signings when they may not have been completed yet, there could be alot of reasons behind why they havent announced anything, It is the off season and the players are on their breaks, who knows, Murdocca could be on holiday and hassnt physically signed the contract yet.  So I think the club at the very least deserves the benefit of the doubt and people on here should stop flailing about not having an announcement of something which may or may not be a done deal yet.     

That's my point expressed differently. It will only be a 'done deal' when it is formally announced. Until then it is rumour only.

Sorry, I was directing it to the people above your post who are treating rumour as fact. 

when do the players go back to training again?

An article on Heart's website on April 22 said: "While the majority of Melbourne Heart's first team will go on holiday for a six week break before returning to pre-season training in June" (link). So hopefully by a week into June or less, the players will be training again.

• Like 1

1-2 euro targets should be announced in next few wks from what I hear. Murdocca a done deal

the good thing is we'll have most of our visa players signed up by the start of pre-season. We need these players training with the squad from the very start so they can made an immediate impact when round 1 comes along

Seeing as pre-season starts in june, hopefully 90% of our players are signed and are in full training by july with maybe 1 or 2 signings to come later on.

• Like 1

1-2 euro targets should be announced in next few wks from what I hear. Murdocca a done deal

the good thing is we'll have most of our visa players signed up by the start of pre-season. We need these players training with the squad from the very start so they can made an immediate impact when round 1 comes along

Seeing as pre-season starts in june, hopefully 90% of our players are signed and are in full training by july with maybe 1 or 2 signings to come later on.

Also said they were looking for a number 10 and a striker. So that would most likely mean that Vranks has cemented his CB spot.  with a Ramsay/Mitchinson LB 

Edited by Dylan

Don't see how announcing the first signing after the season ended is being 'asleep'

I agree with you in a sense that I think people here are being a little impatient and jumping to ill founded conclusions, We have announced one signing for next season and that was before every other club which shows that perhaps the club realises we cant afford another season like the last and the next may well be a make or break season (not saying we will fold, but could damage us for years). However in saying that, I can understand peoples frustrations considering the season we just had and how people would and do jump on anything negative (and some things with good reason, like the membership renewal and website etc) 

• Like 1