Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Kewell left Victory. Shouldn't that be a plus for him? As for not pulling crowds.. he was playing for for Victory in a time when the whole team was shit and the club in turmoil.

And he's not playing not because nobody wants him but because he doesn't want to play at the clubs that do. That and the clubs that he wants to play at have not offered enough...

I'm just speculating but so is everyone else on why he's not playing.

He was smart enough to not go to Perth. Give the guy a break. The amount of hate on here for Kewell and Neill is just insane considering none of you have all the facts. Talk about tall poppy syndrome.

Edited by alexandro

So it's insane to dislike 2 money hungry pre-madonnas who do as they please and couldn't give a fuk about the team/fans they're meant to represent? Neill showed his true colours last week and Harry, his been a wanker since he left Leeds. What he pulled at victory was a fucking joke. Never want him near our club.. He couldn't give a fuck about the 10 boys around him, let alone the rest of us. Put it to bed. They're both fucking flogs of the highest order.

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1

M8, i am a Leeds supporter over 20 years, sure he went to bigger money, that's football, get over it, while at leads he was awesome, no? Or why cry, he is not the fist star player that went to bigger and better things, just becuase he was a cheep Australian, he should stay, be thankfull and not strive for the top?

M8, i am a Leeds supporter over 20 years, sure he went to bigger money, that's football, get over it, while at leads he was awesome, no? Or why cry, he is not the fist star player that went to bigger and better things, just becuase he was a cheep Australian, he should stay, be thankfull and not strive for the top?

I'm Liverpool supporter so trust me I haven't got an issue that he moved clubs. However theres many ways of going about it... Besides all that he pissed off a lot of Liverpool supporters with his selfish act against Milan (CL final). Then when he says he wants to come home to repay his country of birth he holds a club to randsom, then pisses off when things turn sour... Looking for a better deal of course. No point defending the bloke, the facts are there for all to see.

Anyone who says he played for victory do he can't play for us has rocks in their head. If Rojas wants to come to us do we say no you played for victory. Of course not

Now onto Harry, if he was fully fit and was right price you would be stupid not to have a serious look, he is one of Australia's greatest products.

He will need a big pre season but there is no reason why he can't come back and be a really good player

And that's not even mentioning his marketability. Harry is Australia's becks

And I for one would buy a #7 Kewell top and I wouldn't be only one

I'm not saying its a definite but it's worth serious consideration

[i'm Liverpool supporter so trust me I haven't got an issue that he moved clubs. However theres many ways of going about it... Besides all that he pissed off a lot of Liverpool supporters with his selfish act against Milan (CL final). Then when he says he wants to come home to repay his country of birth he holds a club to randsom, then pisses off when things turn sour... Looking for a better deal of course. No point defending the bloke, the facts are there for all to see.

Selfish act against Milan? Came off because he was injured??

Pisses off when things turn sour? His Mother In Law has cancer so he agreed to take his family back to her country so they could be closer - that's "bailing"? and he did when they'd just signed the best coach in the country?? -things were finally looking up actually (unfortunately)

You're a hard man mate that's for sure!

He's still a great player who can draw a crowd. If you are going to question him I think you should concentrate on his work rate, which at times can be low and his injury history, which we know isn't great.

• Like 1

He left Victory in the lurch!

During the week he bailed, he spoke to Victory and indicated he would be there the following season. He strung them along for weeks. They had membership brochures and PR material with his image ready to go. They had started recruiting for this season with the understanding he was going to be there.

Then with no warning, they find out a few days later that he's pulling out of his contract. David Davutovic from the Herald Sun knew before Victory knew! Did he even give them the courtesy of telling them his intentions? Probably not, at least not until after the story was out.

He's a grade A lying cunt. Do you think anyone at Victory is considering getting Kewell back? They're better off without him in EVERY way - results, player harmony, AND bigger crowds! Ange is a smart bloke, and I'm sure would never consider having him back. Like Neill, he doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself when it comes to football.

He's been back in Australia at least a couple of times telling everyone he'd love to play in the A League. No club even in the A League is stupid enough to indulge this bloke any longer.

Yes, he was a very special player once. But forget it. There is nothing much this club could do that would make me feel so dismayed as if they started talking to Kewell.

Edit: I don't have an issue of Kewell going back to help his family - good on him. But it's the way he did it. As well as the prolonged circus surrounding his negotiations when he arrived. Likewise, I don't have a problem with Neill playing for Sydney - he should've joined them a couple of years ago instead of damaging his reputation in the Middle East. But again, it's the way he did it. What a difference in class ADP has been.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 2

I think people fail to see how unrealistic lampard is..

I'm sure clubs like stoke, wolves, reading, norwich etc. would all struggle to sign him. If anything he'll go search big money unfortunately. It's only the good hearted footballs like adp that come along one in a hundred..

Exactly. Skybet in the uk are betting where he'll be come next season. 50/1 that he'll be at any a league club let alone the Heart.

Carle is still contracted to Sydney FC for another season IIRC, but he's on marquee wages that they'll never be able to fit under the cap with ADP and Emerton filling those spots. Likelyhood is he will be sold to Baniyas who have exceeded expectations this season, or another club from the Emirates will snap him up, most likely one with ACL commitments as their Asian Player.

He would be a brilliant replacement for Fred and would give us a whole new dimension in attack.

[i'm Liverpool supporter so trust me I haven't got an issue that he moved clubs. However theres many ways of going about it... Besides all that he pissed off a lot of Liverpool supporters with his selfish act against Milan (CL final). Then when he says he wants to come home to repay his country of birth he holds a club to randsom, then pisses off when things turn sour... Looking for a better deal of course. No point defending the bloke, the facts are there for all to see.

Pisses off when things turn sour? His Mother In Law has cancer so he agreed to take his family back to her country so they could be closer - that's "bailing"? and he did when they'd just signed the best coach in the country?? -things were finally looking up actually (unfortunately)

He's still a great player who can draw a crowd. If you are going to question him I think you should concentrate on his work rate, which at times can be low and his injury history, which we know isn't great.

He knew he wasn't anywhere near 100% leading into the Milan game. A substitution is very important in a game of football let alone a champions league final. We wasted one because Harry didn't wanna miss out.

As for going home for his mother in law I think sash covered that pretty well.

I admit im pretty harsh but I'm not giving Harry an inch, the guy is wanker and we all know it.

• Like 1

I agree. As an Australian marquee, the only player I can see who can qualify for that label is Bresciano, and it would appear that we will have to wait two further years even if he were to come.

I would think that the foreign names mentioned on this thread so far are out of the question. I doubt that at this stage MHFC has the pulling power to interest any one of them. More likely I think we'll try to find a visa player (perhaps more than one?) who will be able to lift the standard of our football and our results, and consequently lift the profile of the club by performance rather than by his name alone.

• Like 1

Priority atm should be signing up Garcia for next year, then Kalmar, then Williams, but i agree a player like Carle would be good for us, i think Fred is nearly finished, but might be able to play one more year like he is now (off the bench).

Fox website mentions that Corey Gameiro is linked with a Melbourne or Sydney team and we have been linked to him in the past, Fulham player on loan at Wellington atm, scored 6 goals for Australias U20's so far so he might be on the radar? not really a marquee type though.

Gennaro Gattuso - not sure on his contract with Sion, but would love to have this angry bastard in our midfield.

Rory Delap - just for the hilarity value of his long throws into the box, and Eli flipping his shit everytime someone lays hands on him and he doesn't get a penalty. I'd pay to see that

• Like 3