Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Reasonable and "gettable" marquees for our club (some more gettable than others - obviously) CAN WE PLEASE SIGN ONE OF THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!! Klose, Lampard, Ibrahimovic, Crespo, Riquelme, Aimar, Drogba, Van Nistelrooy, Stankovic, Gattuso, Toni, Totti, Pirlo, Cahill, Bresciano, Ronaldinho, Endo, Nakamura, Inamoto, Henry, Park Ji Sung, Raul

Fuck man if we don't sign one of  Puskas, Koscis, Hidegkuti, Czibor, Bozsisk or Groscis then what the fuck is our club even doing? all completely gettable players, will definitly get the lucrative football history crowd on board with us. Much nostalgia exists for these guys!!!!

Edited by Che

perth not signing ambrosini... the "italian marquee announcement" was the signing of their new kit manufacturer 'Macron'

they must be taking a leaf out of our book by pulling something like that haha

That is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Do all the clubs go to the same PR people for advice? If they do then as sure as hell they need to change.

If clubs want to be taken seriously then they need to act professionally. In every respect.

Heart kind of did it this morning too. Telling us that a 'fan favourite' was back in training, getting all our hopes up that Garcia was staying, then saying it's Germano. Didn't even know Germano wasn't training!

I gave Garcia up as 'gone' weeks ago.

But I agree, it's poor PR, and it's been done so often that the 'boy who cried wolf' reaction kicks in.

I wish they'd give up all this hype stuff. Just deal with facts and treat supporters with respect.

Disrespect? It's not like they said 'A fan favourite has returned to to training... you idiotic scumbag of supporters'... not all supporters come on the forum... lol

Doing what they are doing still gets a positive reaction by others who happen to love the club.

A persons views aren't always shared by everyone else.

I'm glad he is back at training tbh. Business as usual.

• Like 1

Heart kind of did it this morning too. Telling us that a 'fan favourite' was back in training, getting all our hopes up that Garcia was staying, then saying it's Germano. Didn't even know Germano wasn't training!

They already said Visa players in july with Kewell.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Heart-commences-preseason/68794

Agree with Deviate, not all fans are on here.

....anyway I would say Germano is even a favourite on here regardless.

Edited by Dylan

I agree with those who disapprove of clubs using PR to get peoples hopes up that something exciting is happening, just to let them down with an average announcement. It is poor form indeed.

Looking forward to hearing some genuine good news in the form of quality signings, tactics, facilities, solid pre-season friendlies etc.

• Like 1

I wasn't saying we were going to sign Ibrahimovic. I was saying from the people that were born between 1974 - 1980 (The typical Australian marquee age) that these players would have the biggest impact in terms of Marketing Value to the team. Did I say we WILL sign these players? NO. So don't have a dig!

• Like 1

I wasn't saying we were going to sign Ibrahimovic.

I was saying from the people that were born between 1974 - 1980 (The typical Australian marquee age) that these players would have the biggest impact in terms of Marketing Value to the team. Did I say we WILL sign these players? NO. So don't have a dig!

Don't worry. A lot of flogs here who act like they're heroes.

I wasn't saying we were going to sign Ibrahimovic.

I was saying from the people that were born between 1974 - 1980 (The typical Australian marquee age) that these players would have the biggest impact in terms of Marketing Value to the team. Did I say we WILL sign these players? NO. So don't have a dig!

Don't worry. A lot of flogs here who act like they're heroes.

just shut up cunt

Fuck off you hero.

• Like 2

DUBAI // Barely 48 hours after he was in the first XI of the Australia side who clinched a place in the World Cup, Brett Holman signed on Thursday with Al Nasr, pending a medical, an official with the Dubai club said. The forward played for Aston Villa last season, and was a regular for Australia in their Brazil 2014 qualifying campaign, scoring an 85th minute goal to salvage a vital 2-2 draw with Oman in March.He has agreed to a two-year contract at Al Maktoum Stadium and will replace Takayuki Morimoto as the club's Asian player.

Holman arrives in Dubai on Friday, with Nasr hoping to introduce him to the media on Saturday.

"Brett represents a strong signing for us as he's an international player who has played in England, one of the top leagues in Europe," said Fahad Hadi, a Nasr board member. "He has the qualities that we needed at Al Nasr and, most importantly, he has a lot of experience.

"It's good to have someone with that knowledge in our squad, and he will only improve the team."

Holman's arrival could be the first move in an overhaul of Nasr's foreign contingent, with only Leonardo Lima, the Brazilian midfielder, guaranteed to line up alongside Holman in the side now coached by Ivan Jovanovic.

Bruno Correa's place in the squad is being evaluated by Jovanovic, while Giuseppe Mascara, the Italian who excelled during the last campaign, has been allowed to return to Serie A and Morimoto returns to Catania.

Holman, 29, can play as second striker or attacking midfielder. He began his career in his homeland with Parramatta Power before transferring to Feyenoord in 2002.

He played on loan at Excelsior and then spent a successful two seasons at Nijmegen until Louis van Gaal persuaded Holman to join him at AZ Alkmaar. There, he won the Dutch title and the Dutch Cup.

Holman then switched to Villa in March 2012, yet fell out of favour with Paul Lambert, the manager. In all, Holman made 27 Premier League appearances, scoring once.

Nasr have welcomed an Australian national before; the midfielder Mark Bresciano, who set up the Brazil 2014-clinching goal, was a formidable presence for the club in 2011/12, when they finished second in the league

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/arabian-gulf-league-australian-brett-holman-to-join-as-al-nasrs-asian-player#ixzz2Wmwp0e9a 

Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook

"Postecoglou met Karagounis in Greece last month after he was released by English Premier League club Fulham. Victory officials were initially confident of securing the 36-year-old, but are less so now.

Should the Karagounis ploy fail and Flores depart, Victory would be expected to make every attempt to sign a new marquee."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-victory-posed-to-lose-star-marcos-flores-to-the-central-coast-mariners/story-e6frf4gl-1226667977156#.UcVrYMsaySM

Sucked in victory.

• Like 3

Would be amusing. A good pickup for Central Coast as Victory will be paying a lot of his contract next year...essentially paying Flores to play against them! I feel for Flores though, training with the club knowing that the coach is looking to replace you mid-contract. Ah well, that's football.

"Postecoglou met Karagounis in Greece last month after he was released by English Premier League club Fulham. Victory officials were initially confident of securing the 36-year-old, but are less so now.

Should the Karagounis ploy fail and Flores depart, Victory would be expected to make every attempt to sign a new marquee."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-victory-posed-to-lose-star-marcos-flores-to-the-central-coast-mariners/story-e6frf4gl-1226667977156#.UcVrYMsaySM

Sucked in victory.

Also from the article

"It is understood Karagounis's management is asking for a contract around $2 million, a figure Victory is unlikely to part with."

I said weeks ago South is looking for a merger with Victory and will likely foot the bill of Karagounis as part of the deal since it would be too high otherwise and people didn't believe me (I copped tonnes of shit from antiscum). Now they've signed with Delphi Bank as a sponsor which is a Greek owned bank and I've heard that they're gonna have a friendly with South just before the season starts.

"South is looking for a merger with Victory"

1/ Can't imagine Victory becoming South's 'boys'. More likely Victory would buy-out South - but can't see this happening TBH

2/ South are fast becoming cheap, desperate prostitutes if the merger talk is true

3/ FFA own the HAL and clubs simply buy a license to play in the comp. License will come with conditions meaning any change in ownership of a club might cause FFA to come in and scrutinise the details.

Should the Karagounis ploy fail and Flores depart, Victory would be expected to make every attempt to sign a new marquee."http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-victory-posed-to-lose-star-marcos-flores-to-the-central-coast-mariners/story-e6frf4gl-1226667977156#.UcVrYMsaySM

Sucked in victory.

Also from the article

"It is understood Karagounis's management is asking for a contract around $2 million, a figure Victory is unlikely to part with."

I said weeks ago South is looking for a merger with Victory and will likely foot the bill of Karagounis as part of the deal since it would be too high otherwise and people didn't believe me (I copped tonnes of shit from antiscum). Now they've signed with Delphi Bank as a sponsor which is a Greek owned bank and I've heard that they're gonna have a friendly with South just before the season starts.

I think you will find that Delphi Bank is owned by Bendigo/Adelaide Bank. It was originally Bank of Cyprus but then merged with the Australian entities. So it's not and never was a Greek Bank.

The Gaffer is correct. Delphi Bank is "A Division of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited."

From http://www.delphibank.com.au/ - right at the bottom of the page. 

It is actually the old Bank of Cyprus Australia Limited with a new name. There is a clear connection with Greece and Greek matters. Read, for example, http://opamagazine.com/delphi-bank-our-bank/. A partial quote from MD George Tacticos: From its inception the Bank of Cyprus Australia has been an advocate and supporter of all key Greek and Cypriot events nationally, as well as a staunch advocate of community groups and charity organization. You will find their logo at most, if not all community events and charity fundraisers. They give back to those who need them most, the communities that they were established to represent.

A few minutes with Google will show the strong connections with the Greek community, both in terms of senior staff at the bank and its external links.

Edited by jw1739