Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Will be a top signing. Shame but what can you do?

We need to obtain one of the guys we were set out to get. Simple.

true. It's unfortunate but we need to concentrate on our signings now

hopefully our marquee is of similar quality

I look to Victory like I do any side. Yep, they are our rivals but we are competing against. Every team in this league. Not just them.

Get our house in order. The club said they wanted Harry, they got him. They said they have nearly signed two or three international players. They have spoken to a few marquee types. Cool, get that done and start winning.

• Like 3

ADP is 38 and the A-league broke records last season. And we had our biggest attendance vs Sydney.

He rejected Panathinaikos offer overnight. Saw a Tweet from Ray Gatt saying the he spoke to Scott Munn last week and asked if Heart has made an approach. Scoot Munn said that HEART were not interested in Karagounis.

How can you compare ADP with Karagounis? lol

So wrapt were not after him and I cant see how the Tards could afford him with a full squad and a marquee

There are so many greeks in melbourne that don't support a-league 

Remember 2004 when greece won the euro? Their where so many greeks celebrating on the streets of lonsdale street and oakleigh!

A greek player was needed in the a-league especially in melbourne with all the greeks! Because the number of greeks that would go and watch the games would be insane...... Scott Munn is an idiot we are struggling to get fans but we threw this perfect opportunity away to victory he will break records wont surprise me if they have their games at the MCG... They have a friendly with liverpool their.... 2005 friendly between australia and greece was sold out.......

Thousands of greeks will come down and watch karagounis play! 

Scott Munn and Aloisi want a player with winning mentality..... Karagounis has won the euro and has taken the league in two countries greece with panathinakos and italy with millan.. Isn't that enough? 

Also we want a player like Shinji Ono. Holt is not that nor does he have a winning mentality, TBH i wasn't impressed with him last season in the premier league hence why the club would like to get rid of him and have signed a better striker...... Also his club has been struggling to stay in the premier league

But then this is the Marquee we are targeting and for a club with no money we are targeting a marquee with a transfer fee..... where as karagounis would have been a free transfer.....

• Like 1

Just heard from my step-dad who's mate works high up at one of victory's major sponsors and apparently if they get Karagounis, South have agreed to foot the bill as a compromise for a merger (as well as other stuff like the use of Lakeside). 

Apparently South have a very big backer too

• Like 2

Just heard from my step-dad who's mate works high up at one of victory's major sponsors and apparently if they get Karagounis, South have agreed to foot the bill as a compromise for a merger (as well as other stuff like the use of Lakeside). 

Would the A-League even permit this?

Would the A-League even permit this?

I don't know if they have a choice but i do know its just a minority stake and they have a few demands.

Emerson as coach after Ange is up so in 3 seasons i suppose 

all pre season games at lakeside and 2 HAL games during the year but i think that starts after this season 

And either change the name to South Melbourne Victory or play in royal blue and white but the MV board get to decide which of these they would prefer 

Think someone has been telling your step-dad pork pies.

Karagounis would be worth 1-2 million per season, Victory's brand is quite valuable and they wouldn't change name or colours just because SMH slung them a few quid to sign up a marquee player. Also playing at Lakeside would be a disaster when it's capacity is lower than the current MV average crowd which would be expected to increase if Karagounis signed up.

All in all I'd say Karagounis to MV is a slight chance, being in a World Cup year he'd want to be playing at a high level and close to home for all the games and camps. Think we'll see him stay in Europe and move after the WC if he doesn't retire.

• Like 1

Everything to do with an A-League licence and licensee is at the discretion of FFA. At last call (Scott Munn) Lakeside did not meet FFA's requirements to host A-League games.

Cannot believe FFA would sanction either a name change or colour change.

This sounds just as before, only this time interests at SMH trying to get a foot in the A-League door via MV rather than MHFC.

Only thing that bothers me is the recent resignation of Richard Wilson. Other than that, can't see it happening.

Anybody would think this is a hellas forum. I smell jealously with a hint of racism.

Karagounis would be a massive signing. Cant deny that. Thats why the board need to make a bigger one. I dont know why but I have a real funny feeling that it could be saviola. Would love for it to happen.

The south backer has more than a few million quid, try several hundred. And you're right that he would prefer to play in europe given a WC year which is why its more than 1-2Mil. I thought it would be extreme too changing the name and all but money can do that to you. 

And 15k at a rent free Lakeside gets more revenue than 20k at Aami which they would get for games against perth or brisbane. Remember this is for the year after Karagounis would be gone (or in the second year of his deal I'm not 100% sure on that)

Karagounis has won the euro and has taken the league in two countries greece with panathinakos and italy with millan.. Isn't that enough? 

lets clear something up - he played for Inter Milan, not AC Milan. 

:up:

• Like 1

The south backer has more than a few million quid, try several hundred. And you're right that he would prefer to play in europe given a WC year which is why its more than 1-2Mil. I thought it would be extreme too changing the name and all but money can do that to you. 

And 15k at a rent free Lakeside gets more revenue than 20k at Aami which they would get for games against perth or brisbane. Remember this is for the year after Karagounis would be gone (or in the second year of his deal I'm not 100% sure on that)

This is nothing but BULLSHIT south do not own Lakeside its not up to A-League standard and there is NO chance in hell will the federation let South Melbourne have anything to do with the A-League. I`m not sure the quality of ice your step dad was given but to even believe that is comical at best!!

I hope Victory sign Karagounis. And all the Greeks fuck off with him.

I'm not even Greek and partial to some friendly wog bashing banter but this is a very shit post and attitude.

Friendly =  :up:

Freeze Time's Attitude =  :hmm:

I'm not even Greek and partial to some friendly wog bashing banter but this is a very shit post and attitude.

Say what you will...  but if this Greek takeover continues me and all my mates are gonna fuck right off from this club...

This is nothing but BULLSHIT south do not own Lakeside its not up to A-League standard and there is NO chance in hell will the federation let South Melbourne have anything to do with the A-League. I`m not sure the quality of ice your step dad was given but to even believe that is comical at best!!

Well my stepdad's asleep atm (must be low quality ice i guess then) so I don't want to disturb him but i have to say while they don't own it they have a sweet deal that lasts something like 20 years (if from what i've read from SMFC fans on 442 are to be trusted) The backer is a MULTI millionaire who can easily get lakeside up to scratch by 2014/15 season and the FFA have NOT come out against South joining the league.

I'm happy Scott Munn didn't sell to those c*nts but if he did we'd be South Melbourne right now, i don't think the FFA are that against South coming in 

So sick of all this South Melbourne talk, regardless of whether it's in relation to Heart or Victory.

Those select few gjupci who are pushing for a South entry into the A-League are kidding themselves. If South ever enters the A-League, I will seriously question the integrity of the league and will likely stop supporting it all-together. These bastards from SMFC who keep making sneaky offers to A-League clubs are nothing but sell-outs. They are willing to sell-out their die-hard fans and history for a chance at the 'big-time' and a few extra bucks.

If Karagounis is going to bring up all this South Melb speculation again, I'd rather he avoid the A-League.

• Like 3

So sick of all this South Melbourne talk, regardless of whether it's in relation to Heart or Victory.

Those select few gjupci who are pushing for a South entry into the A-League are kidding themselves. If South ever enters the A-League, I will seriously question the integrity of the league and will likely stop supporting it all-together. These bastards from SMFC who keep making sneaky offers to A-League clubs are nothing but sell-outs. They are willing to sell-out their die-hard fans and history for a chance at the 'big-time' and a few extra bucks.

If Karagounis is going to bring up all this South Melb speculation again, I'd rather he avoid the A-League.

this.  :clap:  :clap:

Say what you will... but if this Greek takeover continues me and all my mates are gonna fuck right off from this club...

Greek takeover? What are you on about? Not Greek but what is it with the racism in this topic?