Melbourne Football

Round 10 - Melbourne v Perth - 8 Dec, 5:30pm

LR9

Grella will play a half (and maybe a little more) and Golgol will make his 'long awaited debut'.

This weeks squad:

Bolton

Walker - Gerhardt - Colosimo - Mitchinson

Grella

Fred - Thompson

Williams - Tadic - Mebrahtu

B: Redders, Vranks, Roffman, Dmac

Edit: Fucked up date/time, mod please fix.

8 Dec, 5:30pm

Edited by LR9

What should happen:

Bolton

J. Walker - Vrankovic - Gray - Mitchinson

Gerhardt

Thompson - Fred

Batsis - Tadic - Williams

BENCH: Redmayne - Macallister - Mebrahtu - Kalmar

What probably will happen:

Bolton

J.Walker - Gerhardt - Colosimo - Mitchinson

Thompson

Hoffman - Fred

Kalmar - Tadic - Williams

BENCH: Redmayne - Grella - Vrankovic - Macallister

I'll be happy if we can even just score 1 goal. The cumulative score (incl practice game) since we won there last year is Perth Glory 12 - Melbourne Heart 0. Smeltz gets a regular brace against us except when he gets a hat trick. We're playing at AAMI Park as well, our worst performing ground. Perth play their regular physical game, we get intimidated off the ball and allow them to control the game.

I heard Garruccio is out for 4-5 weeks. It would be great if Grella was playing, that will make some difference.

• Like 1

What should happen:

Bolton

J. Walker - Vrankovic - Gray - Mitchinson

Gerhardt

Thompson - Fred

Batsis - Tadic - Williams

BENCH: Redmayne - Macallister - Mebrahtu - Kalmar

What probably will happen:

Bolton

J.Walker - Gerhardt - Colosimo - Mitchinson

Thompson

Hoffman - Fred

Kalmar - Tadic - Williams

BENCH: Redmayne - Grella - Vrankovic - Macallister

that would be marvellous, but you're right.

anyway, i fancy we will at least sneak a draw especially if miller doesn't play.

I think we need it to rain really really heavy like that game a season or 2 ago, and get the game postponed to a midweek fixture later on :)

I want to watch our #1 team - thats what i signed up for, not our youth team.

Who knows, maybe its no all doom and gloom

(sorry still havent gotten over last weeks performance - not sure i can sit through that again)

Hoping to make it down to this one. For the sake of those that come along with me i hope it's a decent game, and we play like we potentially could. Could be a great day out to the city hopefully.

Is KO 5 or 5:30? Cuz i could've sworn it's generally 5?

Edited by United

With Garrucio out and Grella still not fit, surely there has to be 3 or 4 Youth names floating around:

1) E. Batsis

2) S. Mauk

3) N. Epifiano

4) Z. Walker

They all don't really play Garuccio's position, possibly Mauk but he should string a few games together first. I reckon Mebrahtu will get a shot.

Fair call. Batsis and Epifiano are CM/AM? How about 4-2-3-1 to fit them in that "3" zone?

That could work, I'm all for Batsis getting a shot, but he played as a number 9 on the weekend. He would add some spark and enthusiasm in what has the potential to be a mega dull game v Perf. He'd be full of confidence atm.

If golgol is being outperformed by Batsis/Epifano in NYL then surely JA is smart enough to promote them ahead of him like he did with Garuccio?

Don't see any reason why we couldn't win this tbh, Perth have lost 3 out of 4 away games this season.

Edited by Che

Looking back on previous years we'll need to earn on average about 2.3 points a game for the rest of the season to win the league. So it's time to get our ass into gear with a win here to put us back on our way to the premiers plate.

Melbourne to win 4-3. This is factoring in the inevitable Smeltz hatrick.

Edited by Jimmy

Yet again it would be nice to see Phil Petreski get given a chance, but that won't happen.

I still believe though that we have a really good chance to win this game, Glory are without Thwaite and Jamieson, who have been quite solid for them this year.

If we take our chances I believe we can get out of this game with a 1-0 win.

My Team:

Bolton

Z.Walker Colosimo Vrankovic Petreski

Gerhardt

Thompson Fred

Kalmar Tadic Williams

Yet again it would be nice to see Phil Petreski get given a chance, but that won't happen.

I still believe though that we have a really good chance to win this game, Glory are without Thwaite and Jamieson, who have been quite solid for them this year.

If we take our chances I believe we can get out of this game with a 1-0 win.

My Team:

Bolton

Z.Walker Colosimo Vrankovic Petreski

Gerhardt

Thompson Fred

Kalmar Tadic Williams

I know people are pretty keen to see Zac Walker debut but surely J Walker has preference at right back?;)

• Like 1

GERMANO completed full training today according to a tweet. Finally, one of my favourites from last year!

Best thing i've heard all day, so he should be on the bench hopefully?

EDIT: ah, maybe not: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Germano-back-in-training/54855

"Germano has worked with Heart's High Performance Manager Tom Reddin in his recovery and while not expected to take the field this weekend, Germano may be available to make his comeback for the National Youth League side the following week."

Edited by Che

Best thing i've heard all day, so he should be on the bench hopefully?

EDIT: ah, maybe not: http://www.footballa...-training/54855

"Germano has worked with Heart's High Performance Manager Tom Reddin in his recovery and while not expected to take the field this weekend, Germano may be available to make his comeback for the National Youth League side the following week."

35onan.jpg

• Like 1

Wont be seeing Old Man Grella for a while yet, although this week was supposed to be his debut.

http://theworldgame....-crocked-Grella

We have Gray and Vrankovic doing little at the moment. Move PG into midfield and sure it up, we have the cover at CB and need to get some consistency in the way we play. Yes, we have it at the moment, but we need to win and keep on winning. The rot has to stop!

Even with our depleted squad, I believe we have the players to win on Saturday. Things need to be re-jiged however.

• Like 1

The boys were training today & when they played a game, they lined up with the same back 4 from the Sydney game (Mitchinson, Shime, Patty & Walker), with Hoffman, Kalmar, Fred, Williams & Thompson in the midfield & Jos up front. Guessing this will be our starting XI on Saturday.

Germano looked good on the other team and I'm guessing he will be on the bench this week.

I can see why Golgol hasn't played yet, don't think he is ready to play ATM. Poor game sense & his work-rate could be a lot higher. Although 1 on 1 against a defender he is brilliant, as shown by when he skinned Mitchinson with a brilliant step over today.