Melbourne Football

Round 10 - Melbourne v Perth - 8 Dec, 5:30pm

LR9

I can see why Golgol hasn't played yet, don't think he is ready to play ATM. Poor game sense & his work-rate could be a lot higher. Although 1 on 1 against a defender he is brilliant, as shown by when he skinned Mitchinson with a brilliant step over today.

Seen him in action 3-4 times. Never seen any sign that he's extending himself. Poor signing IMO - just occupies a spot that could be taken by someone who's going to put a lot more into his game.

Seen him in action 3-4 times. Never seen any sign that he's extending himself. Poor signing IMO - just occupies a spot that could be taken by someone who's going to put a lot more into his game.

I did get the sense that he's the type of player who's not interested in training drills. There's plenty of them out there. He shined when they played a game at the end but I also don't think we should persist with players who aren't trying to do everything possible to make themselves into better players.

Hope he proves us wrong though because he definitely has some talent.

I did get the sense that he's the type of player who's not interested in training drills. There's plenty of them out there. He shined when they played a game at the end but I also don't think we should persist with players who aren't trying to do everything possible to make themselves into better players.

Hope he proves us wrong though because he definitely has some talent.

In the NYL games I have seen he does not seem to fussed to extend himself even with spots up for grabs in the senior side.

ATM he appears too lazy.

Few other things I picked up on today:

-Colosimo is one of the laziest players going around. Really irritated me during the warm-up where they were doing a run through while clapping their hands on sync. Shime being the only one not clapping, even after being urged by his teammates & coaches. Poor attitude for such an experienced player.

-Hoffman trained very well, but with the usual fuck ups any time he got close to the 18 yard box.

-Kalmar deserves a start this week IMO. Was probably one of the best in the game they played.

-Germano looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

-We seemed to be working on beating the offside trap a lot, in particularly with long balls.

• Like 1

Well there you go, Mauk named in the squad! Good on him.

Finally, Mauk is a gun. But its 3 to be omitted so he will probably be omitted.

GolGol is a dud, I dont know why we even bother calling him up to the first team.

PS dont think anyone has posted the team:

Melbourne Heart squad: 1. Clint Bolton (GK), 4. Simon Colosimo, 5. Fred, 6. Patrick Gerhardt, 8. Matthew Thompson, 9. Dylan Macallister, 10. Josip Tadic, 14. GolGol Mebrahtu, 15. David Williams, 17. Jason Hoffman, 18. David Vrankovic, 20. Andrew Redmayne (GK), 21. Steven Gray, 22. Nick Kalmar, 24. Sam Mitchinson, 25. Jeremy Walker, [No. TBC] Stefan Mauk

*Three to be omitted

Ins: Stefan Mauk (promoted – National Youth League)

Outs: 19. Ben Garuccio (ankle – 3-4 weeks) 23. Mate Dugandzic (broken foot 8-12 weeks)

Unavailable: 13. Jonatan Germano, 2. Michael Marrone (international duty – Qantas Socceroos), 11. Richard Garcia (international duty – Qantas Socceroos), 16. Aziz Behich (Qantas Socceroos international duty), 31. Vince Grella (fitness - undisclosed)

Tough ask this week, Miller and Burns are back in for these purple faggots.

Realistic squad:

Bolton

Walker -- Gerhardt -- Colosimo -- Mitchinson

Thompson

Hoffman -- Fred

Williams --- Tadic --- Mebrahtu

B: Redders, Vrankovic, Mauk, DMac Out: Kalmar, Gray

...but I would like to see Hoff and Colosimo out, with Gray next to Vrankovic and Patty G at DM.

Finally, Mauk is a gun. But its 3 to be omitted so he will probably be omitted.
I dont reckon they wouldn't have named him if he was going to be dropped, they would have just listed it as "*One to be omitted". From memory, every time they have named a youth kid for the first time they have gone on to play.

However, he could be in as cover if Mebrahtu pulls up sore again, like he did a few weeks ago.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

Michael Lynch's article today: Youngsters Sam Mitchinson, a left-back, and Jeremy Walker, at right back, made their debuts for Heart in the Sydney game and could retain their places on Saturday if coach John Aloisi elects to put his faith in their youthful exuberance.

ROFL at the fact he wrote Mitchinson made his debut last week.

I reckon we'll drop Gray and Mebrathu, the weakest two players in the squad IMO

We are never going to consistently win games with blokes like Kalmar and Hoff in the team.

Neither of them are anywhere good enough at A League level to be able to play their preferred position at a VPL Level:

Kalmar as a 10 and Hoff as a 9.

So they simply go game to game competing against each other for the midfield spot in the team that nobody has made their own.

• Like 3

Sounds like Mauk has been included for a reason:

http://news.theage.c...1207-2azpl.html

I would still like to see PG play defensive midfield, he would be better at taming Burns, Millar and co. than the Hoff.

Remember the MH coaching staff said the priority in the off season was to recruit a DM, they justified both the buying PG and even Garcia as players who were going to be used as DM's and then of course we signed Grella.

And whose playing DM on the weekend: The Hoff. :droy:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

I think we'll line up something like this:

------------------------Tadic------------------------

Williams----------------------------------Fred ©

----------------Kalmar----Hoffman--------------

--------------------Thompson--------------------

Mitchinson--Gerhardt----Colosimo--Walker

-----------------------Bolton-----------------------

SUBS:

Redmayne

Vrankovic

Macallister

Mebrahtu/Mauk

Omitted:

Gray

Remember the MH coaching staff said the priority in the off season was to recruit a DM, they justified both the buying PG and even Garcia as players who were going to be used as DM's and then of course we signed Grella.

And whose playing DM on the weekend: The Hoff. :droy:

The Hoff is great apart from the fact that he can't defend cleanly and he can't score!