Melbourne Football

Round 10 - Melbourne v Perth - 8 Dec, 5:30pm

LR9

The feeling I'm getting from the club is that they are settling for mediocrity. I would like to see Sidwell, Munn and co address the ailing 4-8k crowds. The image of the club is bland and stale and their is just a complete cloud of negativity and nothingness about us. At the moment we are just making up the numbers. The best thing as supporters of the club we can do is that we back our boys and hopefully add some positivity to a club that is lacking any sort of image.

Edited by ToonHeart

all they will see is people being negative and criticising the club.

whats wrong with this? Its justified. In recent games we've been playing worse than we ever have.

TBH I think I've always been one of the more positive and optimistic supporters, but at the moment there is nothing to be happy with. We can be a lot better, the the team is good enough to be the best in the league, but its just not happening at the moment, and its not acceptable.

. . . a complete cloud of negativity and nothingness about us. At the moment we are just making up the numbers.

That's what happens when you don't win.

Unless Sidwell and Munn can start putting the ball in the back of the net, there's not much they can do to change that.

But hey, we won! Against our bogey side, with a side consisting of names like Walker, Mitchinson, Kalmar, Hoffman, Mebrhatu, Vrankovic, and blokes like Colosimo, Thompson, Fred and Bolton who are all completely hopeless!

Here are some damning facts:

Of our 33 home fixtures only 10 have been wins, that's a rate of 30%.

That is the second worse in A-League history after only NZ Kings (20%). Almost every club is at mid-40s to low 50s.

That means fans are going home winless 70% of the time, which simply isn't good enough as a home record.

In these 33 fixtures we have scored 39 goals at an average of 1.18, better than only NQF (1.07), NZK (0.9) and WSW (0.67).

Edit: Also, something a little sad to hear yesterday was people in the crowd chuckling when the stadium announcer was inviting people to sign up friends and family to 5 game memberships.

Edit 2: We need to look at that in a positive sense, need to look at the potential if we can get it right at home, stringing together some form/results. There is a critical period coming up now, with 3 games at home over 2 weeks.

The thing that excited me most about the package proposed to Beckham was that we would train at AAMI Park more often, which is probably an issue currently.

Edited by LR9

Here are some damning facts:

Of our 33 home fixtures only 10 have been wins, that's a rate of 30%.

That is the second worse in A-League history after only NZ Kings (20%). Almost every club is at mid-40s to low 50s.

That means fans are going home winless 70% of the time, which simply isn't good enough as a home record.

In these 33 fixtures we have scored 39 goals at an average of 1.18, better than only NQF (1.07), NZK (0.9) and WSW (0.67).

That's it. How many times have we left Aami disappointed. And yet we keep coming back again and again, making noise and getting behind the club. Our supporters are fucking sensational.

When the team finally gets it right, I still think there's a decent groundswell of support which will get on board.

• Like 2

As has been said before, we have that 5-6k core support, the people who come back every week, even if we are playing badly, bad weather, whatever. Sash is right, we keep coming back, despite it being entirely possible knowing our history that we might lose, or draw. We need to get results. This is a good first step, results, then attractive football.

Who are you, mate?

I've seen plenty of women in Yarraside get in to it and put half the wanna be hools standing there on their phones to shame.

I have seen women in yarraside chant too mate but the majority of women looks as if they were dragged to the game by there husbands.

Case in point when we bet brisbane a while back, i threw a beer into yarraside when gerdhardt scored and i received one of the most dirtiest looks i have ever seen from one of these chicks. It just pisses me off when yourself as well as other people are on the mic chanting your ass off only to have these women who clearly don't want to be there, sitting down on there seat, looking at there nails

I have seen women in yarraside chant too mate but the majority of women looks as if they were dragged to the game by there husbands.

Case in point when we bet brisbane a while back, i threw a beer into yarraside when gerdhardt scored and i received one of the most dirtiest looks i have ever seen from one of these chicks. It just pisses me off when yourself as well as other people are on the mic chanting your ass off only to have these women who clearly don't want to be there, sitting down on there seat, looking at there nails

KOH

I don't want to be covered in beer either. The rest of the noise, jumping etc. is all good.

Besides, if there are no women, who will look after the prawn sangers?

Instead of criticism, offer to show them how things work in YSide.

Some of you sound like you need the stars to align to support the club.

Results, weather, beautiful football, full stadium etc etc..

Yes some games are going to be crap and we aren't going to win all the games or even most of the games which is the same for most teams in this league, so people need to change their attitude and not expect the A League to be at some fantastic level because it never will be. A lot of these people strangely think the shitty EPL is actually good football..

Instead of giving tickets away, the club needs to make the tickets cheaper. They do a lot of great work in the community which they don't give enough exposure to, but the people that they are seemingly reaching out to are the ones that probably can't afford to pay high prices for tickets each week.. Especially families..

$40 for b reserve is ridiculous and increasing prices for the derby is also questionable. Hurting their own fans.

Edited by kontra.11
  • Like 1

My 4 year old son said "there's not many people here today dad"

When we scored the winner I threw my 7 year old daughter in the air and she loved every minute of the game. It's up to us who turn up to make as much noise as possible.

That's amazing to hear :D That's how it should be :D

Honestly I think the mix between our mighty terrace and more family friendly areas is good. Kids can come and enjoy without fearing for their lives and the passionate active area dudes can do their thing. The only thing that's ever irked me about the active area is the amount of hipster shirts done up to the neck. Shit makes me laugh every time. But I feel you guys do a great job week in, week out.

On a more serious note I thought we played well. I get the feeling we are moving in the right direction. Some decent points mentioned here re Thompson and Fred was terrible but the young boys gave it a fair go, Gerhardt was a monster (how people can't like this guy as a player is beyond me) even Colosimo was much better (still had his Mr. Bean hand ball moment). Over the 90 mins thought we were the better team. We have always struggled so much against Perth. Certainly a good sign going forward. I just hope we don't lose our momentum next week at Central Coast if we can eek out a draw and I suspect we can then I think we can get on a Christmas/ New Year roll.

• Like 1

My 4 year old son said "there's not many people here today dad"

When we scored the winner I threw my 7 year old daughter in the air and she loved every minute of the game. It's up to us who turn up to make as much noise as possible.

i hope you caught her

Be funnier if he didn't.