Melbourne Football

Round 9 - Sydney v MelbourneHFC - 2nd December 5pm

Caddy

Obviously, everyone here wants to see Paddy G play DM. So what should our back 4 look like?

Vrankovic - Gray - Colosimo - Mitchinson ???

No, I want Paddy G to stay at CB. We have no idea how Gray will perform and i'd rather one proven CB performer than two disastorous spuds in him and Colosimo.

Seems as though Golgol will make his debut...

We might as well just concede the match TBH.

Starting work on my 2 stick for the next home game:

Sack Colosimo.

Sack Aloisi.

Sack Didliuca.

Will employ dRoy to hold it up.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Heart-trio-make-final-cut/54222

Heart trio Richard Garcia, Michael Marrone and Aziz Behich all made the final cut from the original squad of 25 players, with Dario Vidosic, Rostyn Griffiths and Luke Wilkshire ruled out of final selection due to injury and Ben Halloran and Osama Malik not selected in the final squad.

Michael Marrone is in line to make his senior international debut for the Qantas Socceroos, while Behich, who debuted a fortnight ago retains his spot and Garcia returns to international football.

All three have played the full 90 minutes of each of Heart's opening eight matches.

The Socceroos will depart for Hong Kong tomorrow morning (Friday 30 November) and will play their first match of the tournament against Hong Kong on Monday 3 December (kick-off 8:50pm AEDT), followed by DPR Korea on Wednesday 5 December (kick-off 11:30pm AEDT), then Guam on Friday 7 December (kick-off 8:50pm AEDT) with their final match of the tournament against Chinese Taipei on Sunday 9 December (kick-off 8:00pm AEDT).

The teams that will participate in the EAFF East Asian Cup are Japan, Korea Republic & China PR with a fourth team determined by a qualification process. The qualifiers for of the EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 will be played in Hong Kong from 1-9 December 2012 and will involve teams from Australia, Chinese-Taipei, Guam, Hong Kong & DPR Korea.

The EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 will be held in Seoul, Korea Republic from 20-28 July 2013.

Melbourne Heart squad: 1. Clint Bolton (GK), 4. Simon Colosimo, 5. Fred, 6. Patrick Gerhardt, 8. Matthew Thompson, 9. Dylan Macallister, 10. Josip Tadic, 14. GolGol Mebrahtu, 15. David Williams, 17. Jason Hoffman, 18. David Vrankovic, 19. Ben Garuccio, 20. Andrew Redmayne (GK), 21. Steven Gray, 22. Nick Kalmar, 24. Sam Mitchinson, Jeremy Walker

*Two to be omitted

Ins: Jeremy Walker (promoted – National Youth League)

Outs: 2. Michael Marrone (international duty – Qantas Socceroos), 11. Richard Garcia (international duty – Qantas Socceroos), 16. Aziz Behich (Qantas Socceroos international duty), 13. Jonatan Germano (Fitness – undisclosed), 23. Mate Dugandzic (broken foot 8-12 weeks), 31. Vince Grella (fitness – undisclosed)

Unavailable: Nil

Gut feeling says we will be dominated in possession, and our backline will be under massive pressure. Then, Bolton hoofs a ball to Hoffman in space, approaches the box, through/side ball to Tadic who slots it home. We win 1-0 after Tadic scores in the 80-90 min period.

what's this space hoffman plans to be in? outer space? of all players to find himself in 'space' i don't think he'd know if it hit him in the face with a shovel.

if walker actually makes the squad i might die of happiness. i don't care if he doesn't even make it on the field, just the experience of being around the lads will help

Good to see such another Jezza Walker fan, deserve some love considering how many Zac Walker fans that are out there. :up:

Gotta love Jezza's Pill - He deserves to get a gig just so it can be seen on TV. :up:

• Like 1

As bad as Sydney is, I really don't think we can expect to win this game with all those players missing, plus teams usually get hyped up when they sign a new coach.

Ill take a draw.

Yes, I think that a draw will be a good result against Sydney and a stunningly good result against Perth the following week although really I'll be happy in the Perth game if we score

He might. But then Aloisi might opt for starting Walker on the right and Vrankovic on the left?

AFAIK Vrankovic isn't really comfortable playing at full back...

Johnny rates Mitchinson, too, and I think being in a few squads already will give him the nod.

Could see Walker starting at right back, but that'd mean Vrankovic will only be on the bench.

AFAIK Vrankovic isn't really comfortable playing at full back...

Johnny rates Mitchinson, too, and I think being in a few squads already will give him the nod.

Could see Walker starting at right back, but that'd mean Vrankovic will only be on the bench.

So what is Vrankovic's preferred position? And his best?