Melbourne Football

Round 9 - Sydney v MelbourneHFC - 2nd December 5pm

Caddy

It's good to see GolGol and also Gray in the squad and hopefully also a welcome debut for Jeremy Walker.

Both GolGol and Gray played full NYL games today, guessing they're the two that have been dropped.

Edited by Che

There are really no excuses to get a big turn out at the Imp tomorrow. There are only a few travelling and its at a reasonable time for a Sunday. Hope to see many of you there.

If the above two are out, Id really love to see:

Bolton

Walker, Vrankovic, Colosimo, Mitchinson

Gerhardt

Fred, Thompson

Williams, Tadic, Garruco

B: Reddders, Kalmar, Hoff, Dmac.

But we all know Hoff will end up starting, probabably in place of one of Mitchinson/Walker with Patty at CB.

TBH I think they might push Thommo back into the DM role, leave Gerhardt at CB (hopefully with Vrankovic!!) and have Hoffman play a more Central Midfield Role, or maybe put Kalmar on instead of him in that position.

Shaky line-up honestly: unless Williams and Garuccio ball out of control up the wings and Fred is back to his best i'm not expecting much of a result.

As I've said before, I would rather PG move to defensive midfield and have Vrankovic at CB. This would allow Thompson and Fred to have more room to move. I think Thompson is more effective in a role that allows him more freedom.

Also, is this the first game Michael Marone has missed for us? I recall reading somewhere that either he hadn't missed a game or that he is the player with the most games for us. I just can't remember which.

Well from what Aloisi has said Mitchinson will start left back. I like that. I would see how he goes and if he does well, when Behich comes back he retains that position and Aziz moves into a more advanced position, we lack pace and zest in attack and whilst Aziz lacks finishing, he creates by pure speed and adventure. Would open up a lot of opportunities for us.

There is no doubt we need to replace Colosimo in the team, having Grella in the side will help us no end, Garcia playing in the front three with Tadic and Williams and suddenly it's looking more positive.

For this week, right back is an issue, Colosimo looks like he will get another game for some reason, and we will miss our best player in Garcia and next best in Behich. Big, big losses. Marrone has been disappointing this year so hopefully his replacement can see good minutes and give him competition to get back into the squad.

Tadic needs to be provided the ball in dangerous positions and he will punish.

In saying all that, I don't see a win for us.

To win, we need to have a game tactic, to have game tactic aloisi and that ranga need to have actually done something during in the week rather than let the club sort itself out, game tactic will be consitant, not a case of 1 game plan for the first 30mins then lose all structure and resort to gypsy colosimo spraying hollywood long balls to no one, it will involve tadic and utilising his strengths and everyone will give a fuk and play like relegation exists ffs. Cuz it looks dame certain we will be bottom of table after this week.

Never been to the Impy, might make my debut today.

Really nervious about this game tbh, Sydney have a new coach and have been horrible recently, they will throw everything at us and I am not sure we are good enough to stop them with out Garcia and Behich. Marrone I don't rate so I am not seeing his absense as a big loss to us. Yes it affects our depth and options but I don't think having Marrone will be that much of a positive for us.

I really want to win this game as I think we have been extremely unlucky the last two games we have played, losing today will pretty much rule out the top 6 for me. Looking forward to watching some guys step up and PLEASE PLEASE no penalty from Colosimo today!!

• Like 1

Changed my mind. We're gonna destroy this circus of a club.

Melbourne 5 - 1 Sydney

Del Piero (6')

Tadic (13', 44', 79')

Colosimo (25')

Walker (92')

Possession: MH 72% - 28% SFC

Offsides: MH 4 - 2 SFC

Corners: MH 9 - 1 SFC

Shots: MH 17 - 2 SFC

Shots on target: MH 9 - 0 SFC

Fouls: MH 2 - 16 SFC

Crowd: 14,843