Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Dear John,

As a member and a passionate supporter of the Melbourne Heart Football Club I am asking you with respect to please stand down. It has become clear within the last year that the direction of the club in which you are currently taking us is unsustainable for the future. The statistics do not lie, we have not won a game in 16 A-League matches, not to mention our dysmal away record and once you take into account our pre-season record against A-League opposition it illustrates the need for a new manager to take this club in a more positive direction. 

We understand that you are a proud man but with your delusional press conferences, continuously rigid/poor style of play and lack of wins we believe that it is important for you to stand down now with your head held high and for you to seek opportunities elsewhere with your reputation still in tact. We fear that your own reputation as well as our clubs will be hindered significantly if you continue in your position as manager of the MHFC.

We hope that you will make the right decision in respecting us fans and the club as a whole.

Regards,

(Insert name)

Please send this to: john.aloisi@melbourneheartfc.com.au and if you feel the need cc scott.munn@melbourneheartfc.com.au

Edited by RoyalHeart

Dear John,

As a member and a passionate supporter of the Melbourne Heart Football Club I am asking you with respect to please stand down. It has become clear within the last year that the direction of the club in which you are currently taking us is unsustainable for the future. The statistics do not lie, we have not won a game in 16 A-League matches, not to mention our dysmal away record and once you take into account our pre-season record against A-League opposition it shows that we need a new manager to take this club in a more positive direction. 

We understand that your a proud man but with your press conferences, continuously poor style of play and lack of wins we believe that it is important for you to stand down now with your head held high and for you to seek opportunities elsewhere with your reputation still in tact. We fear that your own reputation as well as our clubs will be hindered significantly if your continue in your position as manager of the MHFC.

We hope that you will make the right decision in respecting us fans and the club as a whole.

Regards,

(Insert name)

Please send this to: john.aloisi@melbourneheartfc.com.au and if you feel the need cc scott.munn@melbourneheartfc.com.au

You should fix the grammar mistakes first

Dear John,

As a member and a passionate supporter of the Melbourne Heart Football Club I am asking you with respect to please stand down. It has become clear within the last year that the direction of the club in which you are currently taking us is unsustainable for the future. The statistics do not lie, we have not won a game in 16 A-League matches, not to mention our dysmal away record and once you take into account our pre-season record against A-League opposition it shows that we need a new manager to take this club in a more positive direction. 

We understand that your a proud man but with your press conferences, continuously poor style of play and lack of wins we believe that it is important for you to stand down now with your head held high and for you to seek opportunities elsewhere with your reputation still in tact. We fear that your own reputation as well as our clubs will be hindered significantly if your continue in your position as manager of the MHFC.

Regards,

(Insert name)

You should fix the grammar mistakes first

Think it should be right now. 

No, it's right now

Dear John,

As a member and a passionate supporter of the Melbourne Heart Football Club I am asking you with respect to please stand down. It has become clear within the last year that the direction that you are taking the club is unsustainable. The statistics do not lie, we have not won a game in 16 A-League matches, not to mention our dismal away record and once you take into account our pre-season record against A-League opposition it shows that we need a new manager to take this club in a more positive direction. 

We understand that you're a proud man but with your press conferences, continuing poor style of play and lack of wins we believe that it is important for you to stand down now with your head held high and for you to seek opportunities elsewhere with your reputation still intact. We fear that your own reputation as well as our club's will be hindered significantly if you continue in your position as manager of the MHFC.

Regards,

(Insert name)

Right now I think it is important that we note that since JA has been given the job the club has lost all focus and direction. To explain,

When JVS was in charge we sold ourselves based on our community work, building connections to the grassroots. That is what we would hear about in the pre-season and during the season. Add to that the positive reactions we would get for bringing in youth and developing them and the club had a positive vibe that was forward thinking and in tune with the initial philosophy. Having JVS meant they couldn't just use the managers profile to sell the club, they had to also sell the club itself and that meant having to focus on the community, playing style and youth aspects.

Since JA has been the manager, we have stopped selling ourselves that way and focused on JA almost exclusively. That is either by design from the club head honchos, that JA would be a better marketing strategy  than community, playing style and youth, or it has just evolved that way over the last two years.

The club seems to not be involved in the grass roots at all anymore, if they are they are not telling us, you would need to do some serious googling to find out. It is not something anyone talks about anymore. The playing style has been sacrificed to JA's fears and ineptness, under JVS it was good apart from the movement of the ball from the CB's to the DMF. Under JA it is basically park the bus unless we play a team like the Roar who like to keep the ball, then we press higher. It is all about defence and not loosing. Younger players are no longer promoted apart from the occasional injury cover. Older players are all we sign, reading between the lines that is because JA doesn't trust younger players and  wants to rely on older heads who won't make mistakes(even tho they are making just as many).

All the effort from the first two years has been sacrificed on a bet that JA would win and we could ride his profile to success. Now that he has failed so spectacularly as a head coach it gives fuel to the haters who want the club to fail. If the whole club is rolled up in JA and his success then when he fails it feels like the club has failed.

JA needs to go and the club needs to get back to what is was in the first two seasons, hopefully also with a manager who can bring through young players, play the ball on the deck with skill and vision and win games. The club is unfortunately back to square one, and it won't move from there until JA is sacked.

Edited by Rellum
  • Like 3

We were dominating the game.

So is John Aloisi responsible for Kisnorbo going to ground, diving in studs up and getting a justified red card?

Is John Aloisi responsible for Redmayne's shit disposal that led to Victory's first goal?

John Aloisi is responsible to redmayne. He should have been dropped two weeks ago. He has persisted with him whilst conceding stupid goals.

• Like 1

If Aloisi dropped all the players who kept making the same mistakes every game then we'd have a team of youth players. Wait ... nah, won't happen. Redmayne will be back next week and Gerhardt will start as CB instead of Vrankovic.

Applying this criterion some weeks we wouldn't be able to field a team.

This is what was meant when a few weeks ago commentators started to criticise our recruiting.

Not much of choice - Redmayne playing well below potential and Velaphi who commits at least one Keystone Kops blooper every game.

And as far as I can tell, neither of our two supposed NYL keepers - Bray and Maynard - have actually played in the NYL yet.

Just another example of poor management.

I don't think I'm alone is saying that Aloisi's time is up, no doubt about it. However, I feel that it is slightly unfair for all the blame to go on him. The players have made more mistakes than an Under 15s team and the recruitment this year, while not being poor, isn't good either. There are more people higher than Aloisi who need to leave, and it needs to be soon

What still astonishes me is how quickly we have spiralled downwards. Before the season people were excited by our signings, the depth of the squad, the fixture with plenty of home Friday nighters, the membership drive, and so on. 

A draw in the away derby, 2-0 up at home against CCM...and it has just disintegrated since that point. Absolutely disintegrated. As it's happening week by week it's hard to see the enormity of what's happened, but stand back and look how we have dissolved into acrimony and distrust, protest banners, anti-Aloisi chants, name-calling the Board - it's a shameful fall from grace.

I've supported football all my life and endured plenty of poor seasons. But never one like this.

• Like 4

Fall from grace - agreed, but the passion from the supporters is really the one positive out of this whole mess.

It's because Aloisi (and others at the club who have allowed it) has taken our club so far off the path that was promised and flatly refuse to acknowledge the issues at hand and the disaster that is being endured.

Those who know even a little about the game see it as clear as day, but its as if JA and the club are in a different dimension and are experiencing a different set of events.

They say if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger...we are closing in on terminal.

Change is needed ...

• Like 1

What still astonishes me is how quickly we have spiralled downwards. Before the season people were excited by our signings, the depth of the squad, the fixture with plenty of home Friday nighters, the membership drive, and so on. 

A draw in the away derby, 2-0 up at home against CCM...and it has just disintegrated since that point. Absolutely disintegrated. As it's happening week by week it's hard to see the enormity of what's happened, but stand back and look how we have dissolved into acrimony and distrust, protest banners, anti-Aloisi chants, name-calling the Board - it's a shameful fall from grace.

I've supported football all my life and endured plenty of poor seasons. But never one like this.

I see it as more of a gradual decline from the moment Aloisi was hired. 

Most fans doubtful about the decision but happy enough to give Aloisi a chance to prove us wrong (most fans on here tip us for bottom 2) -> Occasional wins and improved home results placate the fans during a terrible season -> Fans hopeful that an improved squad will make up for Aloisi's weaknesses (most fans still tip us to towards the bottom) -> Awful start to the season leads to protests etc.

Does there exists a website which details the win-percentage of every manager in professional world football?

I'm interested in whether there is another manager in the world that has survived for so long (e.g. over a season) with such a low win-percentage. And if so, how far is this other manager off with respect to his season expectations (Heart board apparently expect finals, which requires at least 9 out of 27 wins, or 33.3%). This helps exclude teams with naturally far lower expectations (e.g. clubs promoted to a difficult league where survival in the first year is the sole aim). 

I'm reasonably confident that, with this information, I could actually prove Aloisi as one of the worst managers worldwide.

Dear JA,

You say you are the right person for the job, and we aren't getting smashed (according to you) so you won't resign.

16 games without a win, equal last last season and currently 12pts behind 6th on the ladder. So because we are not getting smashed in every game you think you are on the right path?

It's because of the salary cap that we are not getting smashed not because of you or your tactics and player selections. Stats don't lie and it's unusual that any team in any football code to go 16 games without a win..

You of all people should no that on the field you cannot hide that include coaches.

• Like 2

I don't blame JA for not resigning. Why would he. He's fighting on as best he can. The members of the board are the ones that are now falling us.

And the players!!

Our poor finishing has cost us a few games. We'd be in a different position if Mifsud, dugandzic, Williams, Ramsay put away sitters.

Kisnorbo repeatedly going to ground, wielert's defensive mistakes, Gerhadt error.

Management are to blame, but I for once wish JA blames his players and holds them accountable in the press.

Edited by Pandev

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/23/a-league-what-we-learned-this-weekend

How much longer can Aloisi last?

Sixteen games without a win. Four points from the first 11 rounds of Season 9. Rock bottom on the ladder. How on earth has John Aloisi managed to keep his job? Is his penalty-kick legacy really that great? Perhaps he has incriminating photos of Scott Munn or John Didulica taking selfies in Melbourne Victory jerseys from the pre-Heart days? Or is it that the board at Melbourne Heart have fallen for their own #HeartBelieve advertising campaign? Considering the standard, Aloisi is leading a charmed existence at the lamest club in the competition. Lord knows coaches have been sacked for a lot less. Witness the shambles at Perth Glory this week.

After Saturday night’s loss in the Melbourne derby, and the usual laundry list of reasons why the world has wronged Melbourne Heart, it got to the point where Fox Sports pundit Mark Bosnich asked Aloisi whether he would consider resigning. Really. Of course, that won’t be happening any time soon. With only 10 teams in the A-League, coaching gigs don’t come up regularly, and once a coach gets in with the big boys, the natural instinct is to hang on like grim death. Somebody at the club, however, should put Aloisi out of his misery.

• Like 1

Every game seems to be JAs last game, however the board is still holding onto him. Worst case scenario I'd like to think he may be sacked at the time when we have no chance on getting to finals and also where the cost of paying him out is a lot smaller. This may happen if we don't win at all over the next 5 rounds then JA might see out January which will be up to round 16. But assuming we actually have a couple wins in the next 5 rounds there's the possibility they'll keep him till the end of the season.

Then again perhaps the board have already given up on the season. And if this is the case why would they cough up extra money to get rid of JA. They might be thinking 'fuck the season it's over, let's just keep him save ourselves some money and hopefully by then we have got a descent offer to sell up.' With this mentality if no buyer comes along they'll keep him for the whole season.

Every game seems to be JAs last game, however the board is still holding onto him. Worst case scenario I'd like to think he may be sacked at the time when we have no chance on getting to finals and also where the cost of paying him out is a lot smaller. This may happen if we don't win at all over the next 5 rounds then JA might see out January which will be up to round 16. But assuming we actually have a couple wins in the next 5 rounds there's the possibility they'll keep him till the end of the season.

Then again perhaps the board have already given up on the season. And if this is the case why would they cough up extra money to get rid of JA. They might be thinking 'fuck the season it's over, let's just keep him save ourselves some money and hopefully by then we have got a descent offer to sell up.' With this mentality if no buyer comes along they'll keep him for the whole season.

Im hoping it is a case of the club is being sold and they want to let the new owners choose the new manager etc.