Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

The project (tv show)

Can't stand it they just sit around talking shit

And the humour is cringe worthy

Yep, as if Aust news wasn't watered down enough. Hate the project; spoon fed news delivered by truly awful 'comedians' and the horrendous carrie bickmore.

Honestly, who the fuck watches this shit?

The news is shit as if you believe a quarter of the shit they tell you.

The project (tv show)

Yep, as if Aust news wasn't watered down enough. Hate the project; spoon fed news delivered by truly awful 'comedians' and the horrendous carrie bickmore.

Honestly, who the fuck watches this shit?

The news is shit as if you believe a quarter of the shit they tell you.

Somehow I think the combination of Australia's defamation laws and the large cashflow at the commercial networks probably means that news is a little bit more truthful than you think...

The project (tv show)

Honestly, who the fuck watches this shit?The news is shit as if you believe a quarter of the shit they tell you. I dont understand this. What current news items are made up?

Are India actually beating us in the cricket?

Edited by hedaik

Fast four tennis? Twenty20 is bad enough in a sport where it makes sense to shorten the game to produce more exciting stroke play.

How will this shit make players attempt more winners? Would just produce more unforced errors anyways. Tennis and football are probably the two sports that should be kept the same rules/format forever and a day.

Fast four tennis? Twenty20 is bad enough in a sport where it makes sense to shorten the game to produce more exciting stroke play.

How will this shit make players attempt more winners? Would just produce more unforced errors anyways. Tennis and football are probably the two sports that should be kept the same rules/format forever and a day.

Agreed, what's wrong with the good old 1 set match for a "quick" hitout? 

As someone that is involved in fast four tennis and knows it well from a players perspective a poor start and the match can be over very quickly. That's the biggest change from playing a full match in that you have to come out of the blocks playing well as there's no time to get yourself back into the match. Other than that it doesn't really change how you play or the decision making from shot to shot or point to point. From a spectator perspective though for me I'm a fan of the normal format.

Edited by n i k o

As someone that is involved in fast four tennis and knows it well from a players perspective a poor start and the match can be over very quickly. That's the biggest change from playing a full match in that you have to come out of the blocks playing well as there's no time to get yourself back into the match. Other than that it doesn't really change how you play or the decision making from shot to shot or point to point. From a spectator perspective though for me I'm a fan of the normal format.

A match in this format would be lucky to last 15 minutes, wouldn't it? One of the things I love most about playing tennis is the mental aspect of it in response to momentum shifts and from what you're saying, it seems quite difficult to swing the momentum pendulum back in your favour if you go behind early.

Also, no deuce/advantage sounds horrible.

Time to stop shortening sports to appease women and little children.

I don't mind tweaking the rules to a sport but this fast four tennis and 20/20 bullshit just pisses all over the integrity of those sports to chase some extra dollars.

A quick match will last a shorter amount of time no doubt, perhaps 20-30 minutes including change overs. A lot of it depends on match ups as well. The best example is if you play a big server and happen to lose your serve then you have much less time and a sometimes impossible task to get yourself back into the set.

Edited by n i k o

The project (tv show)

Honestly, who the fuck watches this shit? The news is shit as if you believe a quarter of the shit they tell you. I dont understand this. What current news items are made up?

Are India actually beating us in the cricket?

Probably didn't use the best words

I'm just saying when new reporters present a story they are delivering maybe 5% of an actual story, missing out on vital other information (they nit pick which information to deliver to the public). Then on top of that naive people form their opinions and judgments based on little information and they just look stupid at times.  

TTIM: Discussed it a bit on the vistors thread but all those cockheads at the darts on Saturday night. They've probably just cost the darts coming back now.

Police were called to subdue the crowd after piles of chairs and tables were upended and witnesses reported people being body slammed into furniture and others urinating in the middle of the stadium floor.

Yes, these people do exist  :droy:

Edited by kingofhearts

TTIM: Discussed it a bit on the vistors thread but all those cockheads at the darts on Saturday night. They've probably just cost the darts coming back now.

Yes, these people do exist :droy:

Police were called to subdue the crowd after piles of chairs and tables were upended and witnesses reported people being body slammed into furniture and others urinating in the middle of the stadium floor.

Gets worse when you have people on facebook who went to it, posting videos of it like it was something cool and you also know one of the mainculprits that started this behavior. My facebook is filled with cancer fml

Almost as bad as someone pissing on a dancefloor...

Or for those in Ballarat, shitting on a dancefloor..............

• Like 1

And a challenger from the SE appears...

tortoise-shell-sunglasses-pitbull-dont-s

• Like 1

Gets worse when you have people on facebook who went to it, posting videos of it like it was something cool and you also know one of the mainculprits that started this behavior. My facebook is filled with cancer fml

In fairness, i was able to get rid of 4-5 people on my facey that night, so it wasn't all bad :up:

In fairness, i was able to get rid of 4-5 people on my facey that night, so it wasn't all bad :up:

Sounds like a Big Saturday Night...

• Like 1

Sounds like a Big Saturday Night...

Between arguing with people in the YouTube comment section and deleting people of facey, my weekends are action packed.

Once had a mate take a piss in a movie cinema. Pretty smart TBH, saved him from missing any of the movie. I think it trumps the famous pissing on the dancefloor incident that I was also witness too, because the cinema is carpet whereas the dancefloor you can clean liquids from easier and it's already going to have spilt drinks and other shit all over it any way.

Or for those in Ballarat, shitting on a dancefloor.............. This was at the rape dungeon yeh?

• Like 1

Adelaide, Ballarat, it's all the same thing really.

Once had a mate take a piss in a movie cinema. Pretty smart TBH, saved him from missing any of the movie. I think it trumps the famous pissing on the dancefloor incident that I was also witness too, because the cinema is carpet whereas the dancefloor you can clean liquids from easier and it's already going to have spilt drinks and other shit all over it any way.

What about in broad daylight on the upper level of AAMI park whilst ~15K are in the ground? Talk about pressure to perform...

Add to that the risk of making national tv, getting spotted by seccos/police, pissing on your leg whilst trying to watch the game, potentially having to celebrate a goal with your dong out, etc.

Edited by AyeCee

What about in broad daylight on the upper level of AAMI park whilst ~15K are in the ground? Talk about pressure to perform...

Add to that the risk of making national tv, getting spotted by seccos/police, pissing on your leg whilst trying to watch the game, potentially having to celebrate a goal with your dong out, etc.

I must have missed that one, sounds like a winner to me.

Edited by Tesla

TTIM: When you're at the shops or at some other public place and you see a person you haven't seen in a few weeks or months or whatever and you have to stop and have that awkward chat for a few minutes and talk about each other's lives when neither of you even really care and just want to get on with your errands but both of you don't want to look like a rude cunt.

What's even worse is when you're with the missus and she runs into her old friend from high school and they talk for ten minutes about how it's a good day to watch movies or some shit.

• Like 4

TTIM: When you're at the shops or at some other public place and you see a person you haven't seen in a few weeks or months or whatever and you have to stop and have that awkward chat for a few minutes and talk about each other's lives when neither of you even really care and just want to get on with your errands but both of you don't want to look like a rude cunt.

What's even worse is when you're with the missus and she runs into her old friend from high school and they talk for ten minutes about how it's a good day to watch movies or some shit.

"The stop and chat" - Larry David

Or for those in Ballarat, shitting on a dancefloor.............. This was at the rape dungeon yeh?

I shit you not, it has happened twice in the last 2 years in the 101 dungeon.