Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: The average car size in the Essendon area, abundance of mums driving 4WD's constantly trying to park in spots Id struggle to fit my Corolla in. Get fucked, how often do you go camping or to the mountains?

Husbands buy them for their wives to keep them and their kids safe in case their over aggressive shit driving causes them to somehow get into a collision

So for the laymen's that read this forum, can you please elaborate as to what the vaccinations do? and what are they for?

You can thank me later tards. :P

To put it simply its stemmed from research into measles vaccinations that supposedly linked them with an increase in children with Autism. The study has been proven incorrect thousands of times and the doctor has been discredited, yet individuals still believe that the materials in the vaccinations are going to increase autism levels, although they're just allowing their children to catch a very preventable disease in measles.

Basically this. It was originally more of an American thing but its slowly starting to happen over here which is bullshit.

I saw on the news last night where these anti-vaccination people are so hell bent on their ways that they are trying to create a church based on that idea, just so they can bypass the law stating that their child can't enrol in childcare if they are  not fully vaccinated unless they have a ' medical, personal, philophical or religious objection'

Theres not enough facepalms in the world for these people

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/antivaccination-group-encourages-parents-to-join-fake-church-20150128-12zcrc.html

TTIM: The average car size in the Essendon area, abundance of mums driving 4WD's constantly trying to park in spots Id struggle to fit my Corolla in. Get fucked, how often do you go camping or to the mountains?

FWIW the same thing is often said about PPL driving these things in the suburb my parents live in and they both themselves drive 4WD's... but they actually need them because they spend a quarter of their time at their farm.

NOTE: Obv in most cases though its prob what Niko said.

Husbands buy them for their wives to keep them and their kids safe in case their over aggressive shit driving causes them to somehow get into a collision

Oh, it's also part of the tall sun-bronzed Anzac myth when in reality most of them have never been further from the bitumen than the heritage car-port.

So for the laymen's that read this forum, can you please elaborate as to what the vaccinations do? and what are they for?

You can thank me later tards. :P

To put it simply its stemmed from research into measles vaccinations that supposedly linked them with an increase in children with Autism. The study has been proven incorrect thousands of times and the doctor has been discredited, yet individuals still believe that the materials in the vaccinations are going to increase autism levels, although they're just allowing their children to catch a very preventable disease in measles.

Basically this. It was originally more of an American thing but its slowly starting to happen over here which is bullshit.

I saw on the news last night where these anti-vaccination people are so hell bent on their ways that they are trying to create a church based on that idea, just so they can bypass the law stating that their child can't enrol in childcare if they are  not fully vaccinated unless they have a ' medical, personal, philophical or religious objection'

Theres not enough facepalms in the world for these people

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/antivaccination-group-encourages-parents-to-join-fake-church-20150128-12zcrc.html

TTIM: The arrogance of the average person. Thinking they have the world figured out with their average intelligence, average knowledge, average everything. Thinking they are an expert on matters they know pretty much nothing about, and then being convinced that everyone else should live by whatever opinion has infested their average brain today. The best bit is those aren't even their own thoughts, they've just picked them up from the media or elsewhere and somehow convinced themselves it's their own thoughts. Cute.

It's a fucking cancer.

Andy Murray's face.

Do not get the hate. Seems a far better bloke than Djokovic and the ninja turtle Nadal.

The guy is a renowned whinger and has throughout his career complained and used excuses of injury during matches. He's a douche but he's getting better. Last night though he acted like a dickhead.

Edited by n i k o

Andy Murray's face.

Do not get the hate. Seems a far better bloke than Djokovic and the ninja turtle Nadal. The guy is a renowned whinger and has throughout his career complained and used excuses of injury during matches. He's a douche but he's getting better. Last night though he acted like a dickhead though.

Nadal kind of does the same with injuries though, and Novak did it a bit early on in his career.

I agree he acted like a wanker last night, but generally I think Andy gets a harsh wrap. 

Edited by King Malta

Andy Murray's face.

Do not get the hate. Seems a far better bloke than Djokovic and the ninja turtle Nadal.The guy is a renowned whinger and has throughout his career complained and used excuses of injury during matches. He's a douche but he's getting better. Last night though he acted like a dickhead though.

Nadal kind of does the same with injuries though, and Novak did it a bit early on in his career.

I agree he acted like a wanker last night, but generally I think Andy gets a harsh wrap.

Sorry I have to pull you up on that one. Nadal is the epitome of a competitor and never uses excuses. To even mention them in the same context is crazy. Andy gets a harsh rap because it is warranted for his oncourt behavior. Djokovic was notorious for having problems on court, majority of the time it was breathing issues. But he got that fixed and since then is an amazing competitor that doesn't pull the excuse card anymore out in court. As I said Murray is getting better but his attitude on court still has some way to go to catch up to the other guys.

Edited by n i k o

Andy Murray's face.

Do not get the hate. Seems a far better bloke than Djokovic and the ninja turtle Nadal. The guy is a renowned whinger and has throughout his career complained and used excuses of injury during matches. He's a douche but he's getting better. Last night though he acted like a dickhead though.

I agree he acted like a wanker last night, but generally I think Andy gets a harsh wrap. Sorry I have to pull you up on that one. Nadal is the epitome of a competitor and never uses excuses. To even mention them in the same context is crazy. Andy gets a harsh rap because it is warranted for his oncourt behavior. Djokovic was notorious for having problems on court, majority of the time it was breathing issues. But he got that fixed and since then is an amazing competitor that doesn't pull the excuse card anymore out in court. As I said Murray is getting better but his attitude on court still has some way to go to catch up to the other guys.

I guess we won't see eye to eye on this one mate, every time Nadal is in a position where he's going to lose/is struggling to get over someone he seems to make it plainly obvious that he's carrying some kind of injury or niggle.

I'm not suggesting that he's isn't a fierce competitor but I don't think there's a world of difference between Murray's perceived injury excuses and Nadal's.

• Like 1

Andy Murray's face.

Do not get the hate. Seems a far better bloke than Djokovic and the ninja turtle Nadal.The guy is a renowned whinger and has throughout his career complained and used excuses of injury during matches. He's a douche but he's getting better. Last night though he acted like a dickhead though. Nadal kind of does the same with injuries though, and Novak did it a bit early on in his career.

I agree he acted like a wanker last night, but generally I think Andy gets a harsh wrap.Sorry I have to pull you up on that one. Nadal is the epitome of a competitor and never uses excuses. To even mention them in the same context is crazy. Andy gets a harsh rap because it is warranted for his oncourt behavior. Djokovic was notorious for having problems on court, majority of the time it was breathing issues. But he got that fixed and since then is an amazing competitor that doesn't pull the excuse card anymore out in court. As I said Murray is getting better but his attitude on court still has some way to go to catch up to the other guys.

I guess we won't see eye to eye on this one mate, every time Nadal is in a position where he's going to lose/is struggling to get over someone he seems to make it plainly obvious that he's carrying some kind of injury or niggle.

I'm not suggesting that he's isn't a fierce competitor but I don't think there's a world of difference between Murray's perceived injury excuses and Nadal's.

Owe you a like.

Also with Djok, they do call him Joker for a reason. On his own level when it comes to playing mind games on the court. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he exaggerated the breathing problem to get into his opponents head and give them a false sense of security.

• Like 1

Murray's a massive sook. How anyone could think he's a good bloke ill never know.

He reminds me of the kids I used play against in vic squad when I was 13. They all sooked and swore at their parents and acted like fucking brats all day long. Meanwhile Im on the other side of the net laughing my head off when I realise my dad left half way through my game to go get kabana from the nearest deli.

TTIM: The outdated direction of the Liberal Party... 

I stopped being a member a long time ago (Over eight years ago) for similar reasons but now I cant even try kid myself that:

1. Obv the ALP deserved their State Election victory.

2. Bill Shorten would be a much better PM than Abbott.

Shit is fucked... the moderate Liberal is dead.

TBH TTIM: Party Politics and the Dogma within them... I obv have had enough stupid Dogma in my life through religion so I dont see why its needed in Politics... or things like Vegetarianism or Atheism as well FWIW.

Edited by cadete

I stopped being a member a long time ago (Over eight years ago) for similar reasons but now I cant even try kid myself that:

TBH TTIM: Party Politics and the Dogma within them... I obv have had enough stupid Dogma in my life through religion so I dont see why its needed in Politics... or things like Vegetarianism or Atheism as well FWIW.

But of a random Saturday morning outburst from you there cadete...

But of a random Saturday morning outburst from you there cadete...

I am just over it...

The Liberal Party I joined as a 19 year old was one that had PPL like Peter Costello and Petro Georgiou, people who cared about things like Aboriginal Reconciliation and the Republic and Medicare. The MP I even worked for a short time went out on his and criticised parts of the Howard Government's Refugee Policy. mean FFS John Howard even used to consistently say that he was a supporter of Medicare.

Now we have Abbott's Budget which to me is not even Australian... its looks Texan TBH. 

When I was 12 and first started noticing politics you even had Jeff Kennett was a at least a reformer and opened up Melbourne CBD with his trading laws which in turn regenerated the city and did some good work in terms of Law and Order... for example some major positive changes in legislation towards how longterm homosexual couples were viewed in terms of  inheritance and and made things safer for sex workers though legalisation. (Of course he did some really dumb shit too).

The last State Liberal Government did pretty nothing but sit on its hands, save some cash (not very much) and spend every night on TV promoting the EW Link.

In fact I was told by a reliable source that Ted used to sometimes leave his office often at 4pm.

Edited by cadete

And seeing as I have the time I may as well go on and say what bothers me about the current ALP which is a lot of their rank and file keep reacting to Abbott's stupidity by being more outwardly leftist and going to far with everything.

I know the poor bloke died but why are they spending their time glorifying a very unpopular and unsuccessful PM in that of Gough Whitlam... with the T Shirts and the constant tributes. The bloke got smashed in two consecutive elections... he was like the Geelong of the 1990's.
(I mean Gazza was the greatest thing ever in some ways but he prevented us from winning a flag cos he was nuts a bit like Gough).

As a Geelong fan I dont think about the 90's - i think about the 2000's and the ALP should be doing the same in terms of remembering when they dominated Australian Politics and they were lead by reforming moderate leaders like Hawke and too a lesser extent Keating. These blokes where in parliament from when I was born to when I was year eight and they appeared invincible... and their was a bloody good reason for that as well.

The ALP need to forget glamouring Gough, and Albo for that matter and forget about losing Richmond and Brunswick to the Greens because one they are gone but bloody Mitcham and Glen Waverley are their for the taking... because Aussies dont want Texan Politics or Leftist Politics they want Good Ole Fashioned Boring Centre Moderate Politics and TBH I just bloody hope Bill Shorten is able to give this country what it needs.

Lets cut the crap and get this country back to being Australian.

Edited by cadete

TTIM: People that give a fuck about politics. (runs and ducks for cover)

My advice, do what you have to do to give yourself and your family a good life and stop trying to force stupid political views on other people, after all, we all end up in the same spot regardless of what political leaders we have during our time.

Politics is like religion - gay as fuck.

• Like 2

TTIM: People that give a fuck about politics. (runs and ducks for cover)

My advice, do what you have to do to give yourself and your family a good life and stop trying to force stupid political views on other people, after all, we all end up in the same spot regardless of what political leaders we have during our time.

Politics is like religion - gay as fuck.

That's the sensible and easy approach, some of us just can't help ourselves.

Lets cut the crap and get this country back to being Australian.

You have well and truly lost the plot.

And Im supposed to be the only crackhead on this forum?!?!

It was a comment on how the Liberal Party currently is def not progressive enough for the Australian Electorate whilst sections of the Left in and out of the ALP on the other hand are clearly not realistic enough either for the electorate (Obv the Greens popularity in places like Brunswick are playing a role here in forcing the ALP further to the Left).

I really feel that both parties (More so the Federal Government) have lost touch with the average Australian as in not the Accountants in South Yarra or the Craft Beer Seller in Brunswick... just ordinary bloody Australians with families in the suburbs who want moderate governments.

Successful governments in this country are almost always successful and longterm because they are perceived by the electorate at large as Moderate and therefore trustworthy. This is what I meant by getting back to being "Australian" I meant "Traditional Moderate Australian Politics".

Can somebody - anybody please just stand in the middle.

Edited by cadete

Meh, who gives a fuck?

They all break their promises once elected and all are as bad as each other. Its a mugs game.

I was born poor, will live poor and die poor. No government (no matter what party) will change that.

I understand why anybody would feel that way about politics... the closer I got to the political process the more disillusioned I got with Party Politics myself.

But you cant say for example as a Father that your kids not being able to see a Doctor Bulk Bill anymore wont tick you off?

Thats the kind of shit I am gripping about.

Yes good point.

Wheres the promise that that decision wont be backflipped on know what im saying?

Take everything with a grain of salt.

Enough politics, there is a thread for that. One that I quite clearly stay the fuck away from.

Valid point about posting in the wrong thread...

TTIM: cadete's communist rants

Mate I have never labelled myself anything but a realist and perhaps a pragmatist. 

TTIM: Handclappers

Yesterday sheets of cardboard were handed out that could be folded into them. They add no atmosphere whatsoever and are just there to make noise. Theres nothing worse then sitting next to a bunch of kids who use them for the whole 90 minutes.

Anyone who's been to NBL games in the past knows what i'm talking about.

• Like 1