Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

UOTYH:

If Kyrgios and Tomic were anglo: "yeah m8 we love true blue Aussie dickhead sportsmen fucking Straylia".

But since effnick: "these fuckwits should go back to where they came from, they're not worthy of representing Australia. We never had these problems with Rafter, Hewitt, etc, it's obvious what the difference is."

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

UOTYH:

If Kyrgios and Tomic were anglo: "yeah m8 we love true blue Aussie dickhead sportsmen fucking Straylia".

But since effnick: "these fuckwits should go back to where they came from, they're not worthy of representing Australia. We never had these problems with Rafter, Hewitt, etc, it's obvious what the difference is."

That's not an unpopular opinion that's straight up fact.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tesla said:

UOTYH:

I would add Mundine to those two.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tesla said:

UOTYH:

Nope.

I still don't like Hewitt (and i'm anglo as fuck, i own a holden commodore, listen to nothing but cold chisel and ACDC because anything else is pump it up the ass music and have a southern cross tattoo) but i'll always give credit to Hewitt when it came to representing the Australian team in tennis he was always first to put his hand up to do so.

Tomic or Kyrios on the other hand (probably more so Tomic) don't have the same commitment to national team, and i think thats what puts a lot of people offside about them.

I don;'t have a problem with either of them mind you, especially kyrgios, he's entertaining as fuck. But has Hewitt or rafter ever said to a specator " I will put my balls in your mouth?" Has Hewitt or rafter ever answered their phone half way through a tennis match? I don't even see that Tomic and Kygrios are effnicks. I just see them as spoilt brats who i hope will grow up and realise there true potential. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bt50 said:

Yeh nah i straight up disagree with that. Hewitt took ages to be accepted, and still isn't by a lot of people.

Maybe some people are like that, but i don't reckon the majority are.

8 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Nope.

I still don't like Hewitt (and i'm anglo as fuck, i own a holden commodore, listen to nothing but cold chisel and ACDC because anything else is pump it up the ass music and have a southern cross tattoo) but i'll always give credit to Hewitt when it came to representing the Australian team in tennis he was always first to put his hand up to do so.

Tomic or Kyrios on the other hand (probably more so Tomic) don't have the same commitment to national team, and i think thats what puts a lot of people offside about them.

I don;'t have a problem with either of them mind you, especially kyrgios, he's entertaining as fuck. But has Hewitt or rafter ever said to a specator " I will put my balls in your mouth?" Has Hewitt or rafter ever answered their phone half way through a tennis match? I don't even see that Tomic and Kygrios are effnicks. I just see them as spoilt brats who i hope will grow up and realise there true potential. 

You both misunderstood me, Hewitt wasn't meant to be an example of an Anglo dickhead sportsman that everyone liked. I only mentioned him and Rafter as I always see comments like the one I posted, comparing Kyrgios and Tomic to those guys and saying the reason they aren't committed to the NT and are dickheads is because they aren't Anglos like Hewitt and Rafter.

TBH I didn't think I needed to give examples of dickhead sportmen who are well liked, but if you want one well obviously Shane Warne would be one of the first to come to mind (fwiw I like Warne).

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

You both misunderstood me, Hewitt wasn't meant to be an example of an Anglo dickhead sportsman that everyone liked. I only mentioned him and Rafter as I always see comments like the one I posted, comparing Kyrgios and Tomic to those guys and saying the reason they aren't committed to the NT and are dickheads is because they aren't Anglos like Hewitt and Rafter.

TBH I didn't think I needed to give examples of dickhead sportmen who are well liked, but if you want one well obviously Shane Warne would be one of the first to come to mind (fwiw I like Warne).

No i understand what you mean, but i don't think I've heard the 'all efnik kids are brats' thing much outside of Dawn.

41 minutes ago, bt50 said:

No i understand what you mean, but i don't think I've heard the 'all efnik kids are brats' thing much outside of Dawn.

Dunno, I've seen it a fair bit. obviously a lot of people don't like them, especially Kyrgios, simply because they're dickheads. But I think overall there is a noticeable difference to how they're treated and other Australian sportsmen with a questionable character have been treated.

As for Dawn, TBH I'm surprised in this era of faux-outrage and collectivist circle jerks over who is morally superior, that Dawn didn't cop more shit for her comments, but I guess anglo or effnick we're all in the same boat of being unoffendable if we're white males (personally I really dont give a fuck what Dawn has to say, she is probably senile or suffering the long term effects of whatever gear you had to be on back then to win a medal and has no idea what she is saying anyway).

UOTYH: You have to be retarded to think Dawn wasn't doping, she retired just before performance enhancing drugs were banned and so obviously everyone was using them, and you wouldn't even make it to the Olympics let alone win if you weren't doping too.

Edited by Tesla

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

UOTYH : @Tesla prompted this with his last post.

Usain Bolt is 100% juiced up. Mirrors exactly the Lance Armstrong scenario. When Bolt gets caught it will destroy athletics permanently. 

While I agree with @strider that most athletes are on performance enhancers (if not banned, then close to being banned,  substances), there just isn't the constant speculation with Bolt like their was with Armstrong. 

His whole career I always remember rumours and denials that he was dopping, these just haven't been there with Bolt.

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

UOTYH : @Tesla prompted this with his last post.

Usain Bolt is 100% juiced up. Mirrors exactly the Lance Armstrong scenario. When Bolt gets caught it will destroy athletics permanently. 

Read an article a little while ago explaining that Bolts running style doesnt have the same characteristics as other cheats using his non explosive start and the way his stride gets longer the further he runs as reasoning. 

(Could be bullshit but seemed more trustworthy than a bunch of soccer hooligans on an internet forum)

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'd honestly be surprised if there was a single athlete in any of the last five Olympic 100m finals who wasn't doping. 

Not that I care. They should all be allowed to dope. They all do anyway and then it can be transparent. Just an evolution of sports science.

It is more a case that they are taking the shit that isn't doping now but will be considered doping and banned in a few years time, its the same with Horse Racing... the whole sport its constantly trying find new stuff to get an edge on the competition that has had not enough researched done yet to be banned.

When I read the Form Guide and it says "Stable has been Flying of Late" I read to mean "Trainer is giving his horses milkshakes before the race with some good shit in them that will be banned in a year's time".

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

Read an article a little while ago explaining that Bolts running style doesnt have the same characteristics as other cheats using his non explosive start and the way his stride gets longer the further he runs as reasoning. 

(Could be bullshit but seemed more trustworthy than a bunch of soccer hooligans on an internet forum)

The start of a sprint is more about technique than the rest of the race. The 100m is regarded as a more technical event than the 200m, which is regarded as the event for 'power runners'. Bolt's power is so ridiculous he can make up for his poor starts in just a few seconds against known dopers.

Bolt aside, the majority of the best Jamaican sprinters in the last decade have tested positive. (Blake, Powell, Carter, Mullings, Cambell-Brown, Fraser-Pryce)

11 minutes ago, cadete said:

Sometimes I reckon we should just fuck it all and just have a Drug Olympics... everyone is pretty much on some sort of gear (Banned now or to Banned soon) anyway so let's see someone built like Ben Johnson run the 100m in seven seconds flat.

As someone who has slight libertarian leanings I have toyed with this idea. My issue with it is that it will encourage minors to dope. If they can come up with an effective system to ensure they aren't blasting themselves full of roids before they're 18 then I am all for it.

55 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

As someone who has slight libertarian leanings I have toyed with this idea. My issue with it is that it will encourage minors to dope. If they can come up with an effective system to ensure they aren't blasting themselves full of roids before they're 18 then I am all for it.

No. The modern Olympics has become a complete farce - just like the World Cup.

The Olympics should return to its "ancestral home" - Greece - to be held as and when the Greeks want it to be held. And only the original events should be included.

It's not only the drugs issue, it's the money wasted on new facilities every four years, many of which are disused only a few years later. TBH the sort of corruption and wastage in things such as the Olympics disgusts me.

That should be unpopular...

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

And dying of a heart attack at 38.

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

And dying of a heart attack at 38.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The Olympics should return to its "ancestral home" - Greece - to be held as and when the Greeks want it to be held. And only the original events should be included.

It's not only the drugs issue, it's the money wasted on new facilities every four years, many of which are disused only a few years later. TBH the sort of corruption and wastage in things such as the Olympics disgusts me.

FWIW I was mainly joking about a Drug Olympics... however the idea of holding the Olympics always in Greece seems logical to me as well.

If someone is completely dominating a sport, than yes there is a very good chance they are doping.

Just the same, if someone is found to be doping, and they're not completely dominating a sport, than probably everyone in that sport is doping.

Obviously elite sportspeople have won the genetic lottery and are in the top 0.001% of people or whatever, but even at the top end there would be a small difference between everyone if they're not doping. 

TBH it's not the worst idea to just let people use performance enhancing drugs in the Olympics, in a way it guarantees a more level playing field.

As for having a separate doping and non-doping olympics, well the problem is that cheaters will try to compete in the non-doping olympics.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

That's why it's called the modern Olympics, to distinguish it from the ancient olympics. The biggest issue for me is that there are a lot of inconsistencies with the sports, some are amateur only for example, in others professionals are okay, and then you have football where it's u23 + 3 over age.

Also, there are no Ancient Greeks alive anymore, so not sure who you want to be deciding when and where it's held. Doubt anyone currently alive even shares 10% of their genes with Ancient Greeks.

Edited by Tesla

26 minutes ago, Tesla said:

If someone is completely dominating a sport, than yes there is a very good chance they are doping.

Just the same, if someone is found to be doping, and they're not completely dominating a sport, than probably everyone in that sport is doping.

Obviously elite sportspeople have won the genetic lottery and are in the top 0.001% of people or whatever, but even at the top end there would be a small difference between everyone if they're not doping. 

TBH it's not the worst idea to just let people use performance enhancing drugs in the Olympics, in a way it guarantees a more level playing field.

As for having a separate doping and non-doping olympics, well the problem is that cheaters will try to compete in the non-doping olympics.

That's why it's called the modern Olympics, to distinguish it from the ancient olympics. The biggest issue for me is that there are a lot of inconsistencies with the sports, some are amateur only for example, in others professionals are okay, and then you have football where it's u23 + 3 over age.

Also, there are no Ancient Greeks alive anymore, so not sure who you want to be deciding when and where it's held. Doubt anyone currently alive even shares 10% of their genes with Ancient Greeks.

Seriously do we have go down that path... 

49 minutes ago, cadete said:

If you're implying I'm making some sort of Greece vs Macedonia comment I actually wasn't TBH, the same thing applies to Ancient Romans etc. Anyway if I was going "down that path" it's a fairly impartial thing to say since it applies equally to both sides. Anyone that is legitimately trying to claim decendency from people that lived 2500-3000 years ago, especially in that part of the world, is really reaching.

It would be cool if one day there is the technology and resources to do a wide scale DNA analysis or similar and to see to what groups/races of the past and by how much people across Europe/Asia are related. 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cadete said:

No, I don't think we do. Why make something that can be simple into something complicated? (Seems to me that's something about modern society that I dislike.)

I don't want to buy into the politics of it all, but FWIW:
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-DNA-of-modern-Greek-people-similar-to-that-of-the-ancient-Greeks

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

No, I don't think we do. Why make something that can be simple into something complicated? (Seems to me that's something about modern society that I dislike.)

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-DNA-of-modern-Greek-people-similar-to-that-of-the-ancient-Greeks

modern greeks are ottoman offspring 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Cad was right, I shouldn't have gone down this road. What I will say is I've seen studies that very much contradict that study, and can probably be found via google (try something like "greek ethiopian genetics".

Back to the Olympics,  I don't see an issue with countries wanting to spend a bunch of money to stage the Olympics, it's not without it's benefits and hence why the bidding process has always (until perhaps recently) been popular and competitive. The biggest question I have regarding the Olympics is where is all the broadcasting money going? It's got to have grown exponentially the last few iterations, as have all sports broadcasting rights. Why can't all this new money go toward prize money and/or paying athletes? In a lot of the Olympic sports it's a struggle for athletes to be professionals as they're not big sports, whereas for the bigger sports a lot of better athletes simply aren't interested, having some sort of prize money on offer in addition to medals would change both those things,.

On 09/09/2016 at 8:50 AM, Jimmy said:

I'd honestly be surprised if there was a single athlete in any of the last five Olympic 100m finals who wasn't doping. 

Not that I care. They should all be allowed to dope. They all do anyway and then it can be transparent. Just an evolution of sports science.

I think mechanical body parts should be allowed too. Just turn it into a freak show. Maybe people will care about Olympic sports more than a one or two weeks every 4 years of they did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...