Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

3 hours ago, cadete said:

LOL - Well at least you have actually finally encountered the "Hipster Phaggots" you are always complaining about now... and FWIW Footscray has been in the process of Gentrification for over ten years now hence the White PPL you saw hanging around.

100% agree with this... I gave up on that place years ago.

I'm well aware of the transformation of Footscray in the last decade but the thing is it still must be a minority because you'd barely notice any white people in the surrounding area and then you walk into this one shop and it's all white people so it's still kind of strange.

40 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Went to Merrywell the other week after everyone raving about it to me for years. Ordered the Merrywell burger because the menu said it had been voted Melbourne's best burger a few years back. What I got what a not too fresh bread roll (and I mean bread roll as in the ones that you rip off of a 12 pack of rolls you get from Woolies or whatever not a burger bun), a half-melted cheese slice, a tiny patty of beef, and a little bit of salad. I was not impressed at all, especially due to the fact that it was a mind-boggling $29.

Didn't know Merrywell was even considered in the "Melbourne's best burger" stakes but I quite like Merrywell TBH.

On the price, were you in the upstairs restaurant bit or the downstairs burger bar bit? Cause the upstairs is more. Though the burger itself is like $20+ in the downstairs as well I just dont remember the exact amount (maybe it is $29). Look, you should expect to pay a premium for it being at Crown, every restaurant at Crown is overpriced.

From memory, the patty wasn't "tiny", though I suppose for the money you might expect more. Tastes good and the sides seem to be quite good as well.

The problem really is the price, if it cost half what it does than I think a lot of people would be much happier with what they got.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

I'm well aware of the transformation of Footscray in the last decade but the thing is it still must be a minority because you'd barely notice any white people in the surrounding area and then you walk into this one shop and it's all white people so it's still kind of strange.

Didn't know Merrywell was even considered in the "Melbourne's best burger" stakes but I quite like Merrywell TBH.

On the price, were you in the upstairs restaurant bit or the downstairs burger bar bit? Cause the upstairs is more. Though the burger itself is like $20+ in the downstairs as well I just dont remember the exact amount (maybe it is $29). Look, you should expect to pay a premium for it being at Crown, every restaurant at Crown is overpriced.

From memory, the patty wasn't "tiny", though I suppose for the money you might expect more. Tastes good and the sides seem to be quite good as well.

The problem really is the price, if it cost half what it does than I think a lot of people would be much happier with what they got.

Yeah it was upstairs. I'd had cheesy fries or something from downstairs once and that was good so I guess I was just expecting better tbh. Not worth the money at all though, and I think that's because like you said Crown is fucked for prices

21 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Yeah it was upstairs. I'd had cheesy fries or something from downstairs once and that was good so I guess I was just expecting better tbh. Not worth the money at all though, and I think that's because like you said Crown is fucked for prices

It's definitely less downstairs, like low 20s. Good sides really adds to the experience and that is something merrywell has to offer.

But for that price, I have to compare it to something like Hard Rock Cafe (even though it isn't in Melbourne but it's pretty much everywhere else), and while I'm going to pay a lot of money there as well for a burger, at least I get a huge meat patty on my burger for the money. 

Bring back HRC to Melbourne :up:

But anyway, these are a different price point from the original discussion and I don't think most people want to pay so much just for a burger. 

15 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Qtip is still fresh AF

As far as your original comment I agree his post-breakdown period career has stunk, but during his hey day he absolutely killed it. He released a lot of amazing tracks over the course of a 3-4 year period, more than what most rappers release over a 10 year career. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

It's definitely less downstairs, like low 20s. Good sides really adds to the experience and that is something merrywell has to offer.

But for that price, I have to compare it to something like Hard Rock Cafe (even though it isn't in Melbourne but it's pretty much everywhere else), and while I'm going to pay a lot of money there as well for a burger, at least I get a huge meat patty on my burger for the money. 

Bring back HRC to Melbourne :up:

But anyway, these are a different price point from the original discussion and I don't think most people want to pay so much just for a burger. 

If you want crap Chain American Themed Restaurants you should live in Dubai not Melbourne... 

29 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Younger than det but older than jimmy.

Well I always assumed you were my age, and that seems to about right.

But I think my age is about as young as you can be and still appreciate Eminem, any younger and you pretty much missed his whole peak.

His peak was Eminem Show and 8 Mile (some people might say MMLP was better but by peak I mean he fell off after 8 mile). I was in grade 6 when Eminem Show came out. 8 Mile was like 6 months later. So yeah I don't know how you can be really younger than that and have listened to Eminem at his peak.

Anyway, I think I've said it before but basically:

Eminem up to and including 2002 = God.

Eminem 2003 - 2009 = Bad.

Eminem 2010-current = pretty good.

That last album of his had a few really good tracks, Rap God, Headlights, Legacy, and Wicked Ways come to mind. Recovery was good too. It was really just Encore and Relapse that were crap. But nothing beats Eminem Show, 8 mile soundtrack, MMLP, SSLP, etc.

Though I also think it's hard to judge hip hop of different times, because both rapping techniques and beats improve. Listening to that old stuff now it's not as good as it was back then in a lot of ways.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Well I always assumed you were my age, and that seems to about right.

But I think my age is about as young as you can be and still appreciate Eminem, any younger and you pretty much missed his whole peak.

His peak was Eminem Show and 8 Mile (some people might say MMLP was better but by peak I mean he fell off after 8 mile). I was in grade 6 when Eminem Show came out. 8 Mile was like 6 months later. So yeah I don't know how you can be really younger than that and have listened to Eminem at his peak.

Anyway, I think I've said it before but basically:

Eminem up to and including 2002 = God.

Eminem 2003 - 2009 = Bad.

Eminem 2010-current = pretty good.

That last album of his had a few really good tracks, Rap God, Headlights, Legacy, and Wicked Ways come to mind.

Eminem sucked from 2002 onwards... and when you go back and hear the shit he was rapping back in 2001 nowadays you feel like a genuine retard for not thinking everything he back then said was not completely retarded.

And I say this as someone that owned his Albums.

Speaking of retarded, let's talk about D12 for a second. How many of these guys would have been professional rappers if they weren't Eminem's mates. Proof the only one you could confidently say would have been.

Fucking hell, Bizarre must have legitimately been retarded, but his retardedness is what made D12.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Speaking of retarded, let's talk about D12 for a second. How many of these guys would have been professional rappers if they weren't Eminem's mates. Proof the only one you could confidently say would have been.

Fucking hell, Bizarre must have legitimately been retarded, but his retardedness is what made D12.

D12 were the shit back in primary school i remember. purple pills,my band, how come so many hits. What ever happened to them? I know proof got shot but aren't the other members alive?

On the topic of eminem your pretty spot on with your analysis you're pretty spot on, he's still really good to see live too. 

Oh also UOTIH: Burgers are shit

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tesla said:

UOTYH: The greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th (until one of the rappers better than him die and then we can consider them the GOAT since death is apparently a prerequisite)

He's great don't get me wrong, but pac was the king sorry

in b4 another pac vs biggy debate

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tesla said:

lol ffs.

1. Average rapper.

2. This shit lmao:

How is this different from what most rappers at the time even now think about women lol? I'd argue they say a lot worse things than this

Lil wayne,biggie, snoop dogg just a few to name who don't exactly have the nicest things to say about women.

I just liked his style better then biggies, not to say i don't like biggie, pac just made more songs i like compared to biggie

This mix <3

But lets be honest both rappers haven't got shit on the one and only drake :)

HOW THE FUCK DID NOT 1 OF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT VIDEO I POSTED?

The point is nothing about his opinion of women, well at least not his opinion of women in the second part of the clip. The point was that he was the lamest, ballet-dancing, arts-school-attending, theatre-performing, middle class, communist cunt and then he pretended to be a gangster rapper. And his determination to look like a gangster got himself killed and most likely lead to biggie getting killed.

Here is the full video if you want a good laugh

Edited by Tesla

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

HOW THE FUCK DID NOT 1 OF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT VIDEO I POSTED?

The point is nothing about his opinion of women, well at least not his opinion of women in the second part of the clip. The point was that he was the lamest gay cunt who then tried to pretend to be a gangster when he rapped.

Here is the full video if you want a good laugh

Lel

• 2 months later...

UOTIH: State of Origin is extremely overrated and shit. I'd probably feel different if I was from Queensland or NSW, but really even then it's just three average games of Australia's fourth best football code (soccer, aussie rules and union are all far superior) that end up with Queensland winning and everyone moving on and forgetting the NRL exists until one of their players sexually assaults a woman or a dog when on the piss. Nobody in Victoria really cares but because most Australian media companies are based in Sydney we all have to hear and pretend to care about it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

UOTIH: State of Origin is extremely overrated and shit. I'd probably feel different if I was from Queensland or NSW, but really even then it's just three average games of Australia's fourth best football code (soccer, aussie rules and union are all far superior) that end up with Queensland winning and everyone moving on and forgetting the NRL exists until one of their players sexually assaults a woman or a dog when on the piss. Nobody in Victoria really cares but because most Australian media companies are based in Sydney we all have to hear and pretend to care about it.

You are so, so, so, so wrong. State of Origin is basically the best sporting contest in the world. Despite QLDs domination over recent years the games have for the most part been; brutual, passionate and close contests. There is not sporting product that consistently delivers like SOO. I have been to a Rugby World Cup final and Super, have done the Den away along with a stack of other English grounds and a bunch of other live sporting contests and none compare to Origin.

• Like 1