Melbourne Football

Sponsors

kontra.11

Had a chat to the bank manager at the local westpac last week and told him I'd be moving my company away from westpac if they removed their sponsorship of Melbourne heart, I received a call first thing this morning assuring me that he'd spoken to head office and the sponsorship agreement with Melbourne heart has been extended.

Glad I could help. TYFTC :)

I owe you a like

The exposure Westpac will get with Kewell onboard will skyrocket from previous seasons, with any luck they'll be extending their deal more long term.

why would you want Westpac when now would be the BEST time to release a tender and maybe double what you first had with Westpac?

Double the exposure with Kewell and other international players and also a top notch Marquee I say let go of Westpac and chase the big money.

The exposure Westpac will get with Kewell onboard will skyrocket from previous seasons, with any luck they'll be extending their deal more long term.

why would you want Westpac when now would be the BEST time to release a tender and maybe double what you first had with Westpac?

Double the exposure with Kewell and other international players and also a top notch Marquee I say let go of Westpac and chase the big money.

Like from a Greek Scratchie Company?

• Like 2

Would rather have a big blue-chip sponsor that has shown loyalty since day dot.

This.

Why would we leave a company who has supported us when the times have been relatively tough for a company who only wants to sponsor us because of one player?

What happens when HK fucks off in a year or so? Our new sponsor would fuck off too and I doubt there would be many lining up to sponsor us then.

Loyalty works both ways champ and Westpac has been one of the best supporters of this club.

This.

Why would we leave a company who has supported us when the times have been relatively tough for a company who only wants to sponsor us because of one player?

What happens when HK fucks off in a year or so? Our new sponsor would fuck off too and I doubt there would be many lining up to sponsor us then.

Loyalty works both ways champ and Westpac has been one of the best supporters of this club.

Which is a fair call regarding loyalty but business is business and clubs all around the world chase the best deals possible with the best income so to become stagnant and end up with what your given with such a young club where every dollar counts is paramount. Take Liverpool for instance went from some 12mil a year from Adidas to 25mil from Warrior I`m sure you see where I`m coming from ..... 

My statement has nothing to do with one player (Kewell) its about the rising profile of the club and yes the added exposure of players of Kewell`s stature along with the other internationals and the added high profile Marquee is all a bargaining chip.

The added money could go towards a first class training base with proper ice baths rather then wheelie bins which once again will not only add exposure but will also attract a higher calibre of players, which then you could also find a sponsor for the training base which will also add more income its all a flow on effect!

"What happens when HK fucks off in a year or so? Our new sponsor would fuck off too and I doubt there would be many lining up to sponsor us then."

You don't lock in a sponsor for one year its usually a 2 or 3 year deal, players come and go and no doubt better players will come and leave but you lay the foundations and sky`s the limit to the next sponsor in waiting who is willing to pay more dollars and buy into a better brand.  

Edited by AntiScum

It's not just the prima facie money component - the sponsor and the club need to be good strategic fits with each other. Both Westpac and MHFC are strong on the 'community involvement' aspect, and that's probably why the club was able to secure them in the first place.

The blue-chip sponsorship also lures other sponsors to the club.

It's not just the prima facie money component - the sponsor and the club need to be good strategic fits with each other. Both Westpac and MHFC are strong on the 'community involvement' aspect, and that's probably why the club was able to secure them in the first place.

The blue-chip sponsorship also lures other sponsors to the club.

Hence the reason you put out tender which is an expression of interest to see who is willing to pay what and what they can offer. There are plenty of high profile blue chip companies out there who are a hell of a lot more community based then banks. I have delt with banks and sponsorship (through involvement at local level they would give X amount if the club banked with that bank and a further X amount if the club handed over all there members details and Melbourne Hearts deal would be no different) and there biggest priority is looking after there own pockets & exposure rather then the clubs best interest!!

Edited by AntiScum

• 1 month later...

Just wondering.. do we have anyone at the top of the club that is intimately involved with Westpac?

Chairman, Sidwell, has a good relationship with them through his corporate ties.

Why do you ask? Just an 'fyi' thing?

I thought it was sidwell.. Because i really think we need some other sponsors.. i just wonder about our sponsor situation

Just wondering.. do we have anyone at the top of the club that is intimately involved with Westpac?

Chairman, Sidwell, has a good relationship with them through his corporate ties.

Why do you ask? Just an 'fyi' thing?

I thought it was sidwell.. Because i really think we need some other sponsors.. i just wonder about our sponsor situation

Why do we need other sponsors? Out of curiosity?

• 1 month later...

Official confirmation regarding Westpac's sponsorship with Heart being extended for the next 3 years:

In a significant day for the Club, Melbourne Heart FC announced inaugural principal partner, Westpac, has signed on for another three years with the Club.

Melbourne Heart FC kicked off its inaugural season in the A-League in 2010-2011, backed by its principal sponsor, Westpac.

“The red and white of Westpac is now synonymous with red and white of Melbourne Heart FC and as one of the premier brands in corporate Australia, we are delighted to be partnering again for a further three years,” Melbourne Heart FC CEO Scott Munn said.

“Westpac has believed in us since day one and we are excited to continue our relationship with them.”

Westpac continues to help drive Melbourne Heart FC’s community engagement programs, having staged ‘Westpac Community Festivals’ across the Red and White’s first three seasons and, most recently, taking the Hyundai A-League side to Shepparton.

"Westpac is proud to be continuing our support of the Melbourne Heart FC for the next three years,” Westpac’s Head of Corporate Business Group, Michael Waters, said.

“Local initiatives like the Westpac Community Football Festival is very much in line with our own emphasis within the business on the importance of local community so this partnership is something we are very passionate about.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-Heart-FC-unveils-Harry-Kewell-as-captain/74196

A truly massive positive for the club. Very good to see as well that Westpac appreciates the grassroots & community work that Heart undertakes. As long as Heart keeps that work up, it sounds like Heart have a good chance of continuing to work with Westpac.

Edited by Murfy1

Yes, excellent news for the club.  Retained a "blue chip" sponsor.  Honestly, although this forum is full of knockers, things off field have been going really well.  To summarise: 

• Turned the club around financially to the extent that it seems possible for even "them" to borrow money to take us over
  • Convinced the guy who most people (me for one) think is Australia's greatest ever player to come and play for us, for essentially a nominal wage
  • Convinced a classy marquee out of Europe to sign for us
  • Retained Westpac

OK, this (especially when the marquee suffers a freak injury in the first 25 minutes) doesn't necessarily win games straight away but it shows we are getting things right around the club.  Do that and the on field results will follow in due course.

I think the best thing about having Westpac as our sponsor (aside from the $ of course) is how nice it looks on the kit - especially in comparison to the Webjet logo on the smurfs' kit or the Oliana Foods logo which compromised the colour of the tards' away kit.

• Like 1

Actually amazed as to how westpac stomached resigning with us

During the fan forum it was started that Westpac were 98 per cent going to sign again. Heart see them as a principle partner and Westpac see heart for the contribution to the community.

I'm stoked that they signed with us again.

• Like 1

I see Westpac being a long term sponsor, like in the realms of ford and Geelong (obviously not near 100 years) but something that we are associated with as a club, as long as we keep the community engagement up which seems to be their principle reason for being our sponsor.  

• 1 month later...

Melbourne Heart FC joins forces with ALCATEL onetouch

Friday, 25 October 2013

Melbourne Heart FC today revealed ALCATEL onetouch as the Club’s new back of shirt sponsor for the Hyundai A-League 2013-14 season.

ALCATEL onetouch is one of the world’s top ten mobile phone manufacturers, which designs, manufactures and markets globally with an expanding portfolio of mobile and Internet products.

Melbourne Heart FC CEO Scott Munn welcomed the accord, which aligns the Club with one of the world’s leading electronic mobile companies.

BXZNf0nCEAA0HNy.jpg

“It’s fantastic to partner with one of the world’s leading mobile manufacturers,” Munn said.

“It is always our goal to work with global brands and the partnership with one of the world’s fastest-growing mobile vendors and the renewal of our foundation partner, Westpac, positions us perfectly as we challenge for this year’s title.”

ALCATEL onetouch is currently the fastest growing major mobile vendor in the world due to the success of its broad range of well-designed, easy-to-use and accessibly-priced mobile and internet products available in over 100 countries worldwide.

“Alcatel onetouch are delighted to have become a major sponsor to Melbourne Heart FC in the 2013-14 season,” ALCATEL’s Regional Managing Director Sam Skontos.

“We look forward to sponsoring and supporting them in their quest for success this year and we are very proud of our new association with them.”

The new partnership will be on display when Melbourne Heart don their white away strip for this Sunday’s match against Perth.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-Heart-FC-joins-forces-with-ALCATEL-onetouch/77542

Edited by Murfy1

• 3 weeks later...
Melbourne Heart behind diabetes awareness

Thursday, 14 November 2013 4:01 PM

Diabetes College on Thursday to coincide with World Diabetes Day, which is celebrated annually on November 14.

Melbourne Heart FC CEO Scott Munn and Diabetes College CEO Ian McAllister welcomed the partnership at AAMI Park, which helps to raise awareness of Type 2 Diabetes in Australia.

“Today provided the perfect opportunity to officially announce the strategic allegiance between Melbourne Heart FC and Diabetes College,” McAllister said.

“This is something I am particularly proud of and I thank the Club, the players and management for all of their support.

“Together we aim to raise the awareness about Type 2 diabetes and draw attention to delay the onset of the condition, or reduce the risk factors of the condition in the first place.”

Munn said the partnership was the perfect match, with both Melbourne Heart FC and Diabetes College sharing similar values.

“To be able to partner with an organisation which promotes similar values, such as leading a healthy and active lifestyle, is what we’re all about,” Munn said.

“I am excited about this new health initiative as it aims to raise awareness of Type 2 diabetes through sport and football and we’re proud as a club to be doing our bit for the community, to help tackle the diabetes pandemic.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-Heart-behind-diabetes-awareness/78251

Edited by Murfy1

I think the best thing about having Westpac as our sponsor (aside from the $ of course) is how nice it looks on the kit - especially in comparison to the Webjet logo on the smurfs' kit or the Oliana Foods logo which compromised the colour of the tards' away kit.

but you forget the Tards' home kit....

AMel3-Jer-Hme-LS-Fr-300.jpg

fools. 

but you forget the Tards' home kit....

AMel3-Jer-Hme-LS-Fr-300.jpg

fools.

Hate em obvs, but that would be they best kit they've had.

Edited by Mstrkrft

• 1 year later...

Melbourne City FC Announce Telstra Partnership

telstra_kg71c9l3w2ho1kel9opx8j273.png?t=

Monday, 23 March 2015

Melbourne City FC is pleased to announce it has secured a three-year partnership with Telstra.

The partnership follows a deal with Football Federation Australia which saw Telstra become the Official Telecommunications Partner of the Socceroos, Westfield Matildas, FOXTEL A-League All Stars, Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League and Westfield FFA Cup competitions.

As Melbourne City FC’s latest Associate Partner, the agreement will see Telstra have access to money can’t buy opportunities, merchandise and special tickets offers to various matches.

Scott Munn, CEO of Melbourne City FC, said:

“We are excited to partner with Telstra and welcome them into the Melbourne City FC family.”

Telstra General Manager, Matt McCann said Telstra is proud to expand its Football partnership with Melbourne City FC.

“We’re extremely excited about working with this team at a community level to grow the sport and connect fans with the game they love.”

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/melbourne-city-fc-announce-telstra-partnership/15xp0alj0k3qr16x4o8t8755jz

Edited by Murfy1

Westpac is still a sponsor and major club partner: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/corporate/our-partners/1uqdyetnjvycn1impev95ciqrf

I'm pretty sure (going off the article in this thread) that Westpac is a club sponsor until the end of 2016.

Although it should be said that Etihad Airways is now the clubs main sponsor (or 'principal partner'), and is the front of shirt sponsor, whereas Westpac only now has their logo on the shorts of the Melbourne City kits.

Interesting.

Certainly is good seeing some good sponsors on board this year though. Let's hope that continues to build if we eventually get some success.

It's hard to see what value we currently offer though with less media than MV, along with smaller crowds and TV viewer numbers. The value proposition needs to build.