Melbourne Football

'Munn signs Aussie based in Europe.'

MHFC19

One thing's for sure. You don't send your CEO and a Director on a mission unless you mean to conclude a business deal. They may not succeed of course, but IMO it's sufficent evidence that we are at least serious about a signing or two.

Ahh, yes.

It would have to be a pretty big marquee signing too, bye bye gray

http://theworldgame....ies-Valeri-link

A denial on valeri and an indication we're after a cm, rb and lb.

I'm still relatively confident it is him. We should learn not to believe what the club says to the media after the aziz situation.

says he is injured and out for the game vs Romania next week, not exactly what we need unless it is a permanent move? which in anycase couls be post season?

Relatively confident it won't be Valeri. Fairly certain that Carl will try to stay in Europe as long as possible and i could really only seeing him being swayed to come back if there was a Canberra franchise starting up.

..Unless it is just on loan, which is somewhat more plausible

Edited by Che

Well then what the hell is Scotty doing?

Michael Lynch's theory:

"Heart CEO Scott Munn has travelled to Europe where it is believed he is seeking investors for the club."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/no-quick-fix-after-a-blow-to-the-heart-20130131-2dnkw.html#ixzz2JYlXySya

He may have a couple of things on his agenda. Seeking investors makes sense and explains why he's gone with one of the directors. But there's also the other things which I think he said about a player anouncement in the next few days. I suppose we'll just have to wait.

• Like 2

The more each day passess the less likely hood of there being any new player signings.

I seriously don't think the club will fork out good money right now to sign any reasonable players that can make an impact immediately.

The hatches have been closed shut...the money is in the bank.....the end of year books will be balanced.....in hope that next season an influx of cash might be available from a new investor/s which will allow us to get decent marquee players, both international and Australian. I don't think Fred can continue as a marquee with his recent track record of injuries and inability to play out 90 minutes...

Well then what the hell is Scotty doing?

Michael Lynch's theory:

"Heart CEO Scott Munn has travelled to Europe where it is believed he is seeking investors for the club."

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz2JYlXySya

He may have a couple of things on his agenda. Seeking investors makes sense and explains why he's gone with one of the directors. But there's also the other things which I think he said about a player anouncement in the next few days. I suppose we'll just have to wait.

I suppose that's not a bad outcome.

Even if he can't find any investors, let's hope he did enough to slightly raise the scope of our club to whoever he was meeting with.

Perhaps the dealings with AC Milan were broader? Off-season training? Friendly? Club partnerships? Loan arrangements? Use of facilities? Academy links?

Why isn't Rojas being released?

Partly because he wants to stay with Ange probably. (And they have a good chance of winning the league so they probably see the money that will bring with finals etc as being worth missing out on the transfer fee)

They don't need to sell to balance the books.....they know they can double any current transfer figure in 12 months time if he continues to improve/develop at the same rate. Also the kid may have his head screwed on and knows that when he eventually goes he doesn't want to be warming the bench or playing in the magoos....