Melbourne Football

Matchday 9: v Perth - Friday 6th December 7:30 pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

Apart from the bitter disappointment there was almost nothing to take from that game. Once the three subs had come on, there was intent and purpose which resulted in an offside goal but at least there was an attempt. Prior to that there was nothing. And just to rub some salt into the wound PG had five former City/Heart players four of which started.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Shit result last night doesn't mean we haven't played well during the season. And the result doesn't mean the club hasn't done good things this season either. 

With respect, that's not the point. The point is that we lost 0-3 at home to the bottom side, played the same ineffective tactics all evening, conceded a laughable first goal completely against the run of play, delayed our substitutions too long, apparently had no Plan B, and have had similar performances just when we needed the opposite every ******* season that I can remember.

You're only as good as the match that you are playing.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Shit result last night doesn't mean we haven't played well during the season. And the result doesn't mean the club hasn't done good things this season either. 

Yes we’ve won several games and scraped some wins out - did we really play well, just like in preseason I wasn’t blown away. Sydney trailing in games played just flattered us a little on the table.

It just sucks this loss but many more many games to play!

But it shows our deficiencies. It also confirms where the club has it still wrong and fans still aren’t interested even with free tickets. We are playing in the worst kit we’ve ever had, like every season our foreigners are mediocre, injured and we have a dud marquee.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I think that what you witnessed was the complete absence of any "entertainment" whatsoever. The "matchday experience" is just insipid from start to finish. Yes, I know that I have my own issues to deal with at the moment, but I left because there really was no reason to sit there any longer. Whatever it is that CFG thinks it's doing with the club has no appeal, and the crowd of 6,679 shows it. You can go through the list of players and drop a few here and there (e.g. Noone, Bouzanis), shuffle a few around (e.g. Brillante) and question why we have the usual list of mediocre overseas players (e.g. Luna, Cabrera, Berenguer) but you still end up with something that doesn't appeal.

We are going nowhere as a club.

Incidentally, our 10-season record against Perth is now 7W, 9D and 15L.

@jw1739 

Respectfully disagree. My point was in reference to comments like the one above. One thing to be critical of the result but another to now bad mouth the entire club. Especially after staying relatively silent whilst things are gong well. 

• Like 2

We are being way to defensive, inviting the opposition and taking the safe pass forward or back. We need to shake this safe passing off, it's one thing Ange got right (about to win the J League), attack is the first bit of defence.

Last night we really missed a creative player in the middle, someone technical, it stood out like dogs balls all game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moops said:

We are being way to defensive, inviting the opposition and taking the safe pass forward or back. We need to shake this safe passing off, it's one thing Ange got right (about to win the J League), attack is the first bit of defence.

Last night we really missed a creative player in the middle, someone technical, it stood out like dogs balls all game.

I too wish we had someone that stood out likes dogs balls. Like a Ninkovic or a Castro. How much better did we look and play when Mooy was pulling strings. Our Visa signings are letting us down and that might just be the difference between top end of the ladder and middle also rans. I hope I’m wrong.

1 minute ago, HEARTinator said:

I too wish we had someone that stood out likes dogs balls. Like a Ninkovic or a Castro. How much better did we look and play when Mooy was pulling strings. Our Visa signings are letting us down and that might just be the difference between top end of the ladder and middle also rans. I hope I’m wrong.

I'm not sure, we seem to pass back and reset a lot when a forward pass is there, we don't counter attack any more, just long ball fmd.

I saw a lot of unhappy people last night, they are not one, I think some openly hate each other.

14 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

I'm not sure, we seem to pass back and reset a lot when a forward pass is there, we don't counter attack any more, just long ball fmd.

I saw a lot of unhappy people last night, they are not one, I think some openly hate each other.

Noone needs to be benched, believe it or not, Wales is better.

15 minutes ago, moops said:

That’s because we play Griffiths and Brillante together, they are DM’s first thing they do is passing it back.

Who is responsible for recruiting and choosing these players if supporters notice how fkn shit they are what are they watching when recruiting them sack the recruiters and then if the coach wanted all these shit players sack him to I will not even comment of what I think of these players individually it’s to embarrassing 

17 minutes ago, Colombo said:

Who is responsible for recruiting and choosing these players if supporters notice how fkn shit they are what are they watching when recruiting them sack the recruiters and then if the coach wanted all these shit players sack him to I will not even comment of what I think of these players individually it’s to embarrassing 

Perhaps the Uruguayans were brought in under the hidden gem agenda. To me it was clear looking at their resumes that they weren’t going to be superstars immediately.